• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Rumors by Fleetwood Mac Featuring Xenophontos Monastery

DeletedUser5302

Of course. Now that i've had to correct both you and the INQ guys atleast 6 times that it's evidence not proof i think i'll have to explain what the difference is.

Evidence: The means by which an allegation may be proven, such as oral testimony, documents, or physical objects. So, basically the things we use to prove/disprove a claim

Proof: The mathematical way of proving a theorem is true, like the pythagorean theorem. A^2 + B^2 = C^2 in a triangle with a 90 degree angle.
now can we stop?

Attachments

• for edvin.JPG
    for edvin.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 109
Btw, that is absolute proof considering that it isn't pointing to a conclusion. It is the litteral thing just "Wow this can't in any way be faked/misunderstood", it has to be 100% undisprovable and enough to 100% prove beyond a fact that the claim is true. That isn't something you can actually get in the real world, it's only possible in math.

which means it's an acceptable synonym....
Except not really considering evidence is something that points to a conclusion, like a fingerprint. While proof is the 100% deal, like everyone in the whole world beyond a doubt not hallucinating when seeing the exact same murder and being 100% sure it wasn't rigged or pre-recorded.

Evidence is a collection of information you hope to use to get 'proof' .... but

Evidence may sometimes false... incorrect... not accurate unreliable etc

Proof or absolute proof is an undeniable group of or single fact... which can not be rebuked

How's that lol

DeletedUser5302

Except not really considering evidence is something that points to a conclusion, like a fingerprint. While proof is the 100% deal, like everyone in the whole world beyond a doubt not hallucinating when seeing the exact same murder and being 100% sure it wasn't rigged or pre-recorded.

I think this counts as a casual conversation - we are not in a scientific community - we count as "most people"

Attachments

• for edvin 2.JPG
    for edvin 2.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 90
eg .... nomads could have hacked inq because some of them are good with computers.... =evidence .... very situational evidence all be it..... Proof × nope

DeletedUser5302

eg .... nomads could have hacked inq because some of them are good with computers.... =evidence .... very situational evidence all be it..... Proof × nope
I understand the difference, I'm just saying that this is not a scientific community, but casual conversation

anyway .....

This is getting extremely boring now....

Going in circles....

There is no 'proof' of a nomad hackimg inq

There isn't any evidence even ....

There is only assumptions...

So let's end this now whats done is done .... maybe in future truth will come out and I'd being interested to see it ... if it ever does

I understand the difference, I'm just saying that this is not a scientific community, but casual conversation
I think we should still push for people to use scientific terms more in casual conversation because many problems today are caused by the Communication not being good between scientists and laymen because many things mean different things in casual conversation vs scientific conversation.

DeletedUser4689

Of course. Now that i've had to correct both you and the INQ guys atleast 6 times that it's evidence not proof i think i'll have to explain what the difference is.

Evidence: The means by which an allegation may be proven, such as oral testimony, documents, or physical objects. So, basically the things we use to prove/disprove a claim

Proof: The mathematical way of proving a theorem is true, like the pythagorean theorem. A^2 + B^2 = C^2 in a triangle with a 90 degree angle.
This isn't exactly how it works, there's also the idea of proof beyond a reasonable doubt the most common standard in criminal law. Not sure if it's because you're ESL but you might be overlooking that. Yes mathematical proof is a highly rigorous standard but if you tried to apply to almost anything (conjectured to be anything) you would fail miserably so nobody implies that.

That being said the truth of the matter is it was all just a rogue code in innos servers. People were having too much fun warring so they had to shut it down.

Also, also, edvin/thatsmyspot pls stop the circle jerk i know you all love each other but it's getting a bit gay

DeletedUser4689

An accusation doesn't imply you need the evidence, that's up to the authorities to find out and apply the proper sentence for the one who committed the "crime". And clearly, the "authorities" here don't have the proper tools to discover what happened.

@Sister Sledge , nobody is blaming a specific person, I don't know what you are talking about. And as you said, it is easier to blame the enemy tribe, if it were the opposite it would be the same, you know it. Nobody can blame INQ member for accusing/suspecting Nomads, it's human nature and their right to be upset.

This discussion is a dead end without any mediator, therefore, I'm leaving it.
Again I refuse to endorse the actions of the perpetrator however in this case (for once lmao) the responsibility really doesn't lie with Inno, protect your passwords, period. It's like going to the police saying your car was broken into when you left it unlocked. Was the person who did it right? No but you didn't protect yourself.

DeletedUser5302

I think we should still push for people to use scientific terms more in casual conversation because many problems today are caused by the Communication not being good between scientists and laymen because many things mean different things in casual conversation vs scientific conversation.
if scientists are talking to laymen they should adapt

I have a computer science degree, but I don't talk to my users about foreign keys or tuples, I adapt my language

Spanish names do not naturally come to mind for a player who is not Spanish and NOMADS have no Spanish players to my knowledge. So this would not be an easy task even if you knew that the password was a name - so real major effort and luck would be required

I have been told your Discord was on fire with players upset about lack of support from the back,

This doesn't correlate, you're not even able to google a list of common Spanish names and you know nobody with knowledge of common Spanish names, but you're perfectly able to have an entire discord which is 99% Spanish, translated...?

DeletedUser5302

This doesn't correlate, you're not even able to google a list of common Spanish names and you know nobody with knowledge of common Spanish names, but you're perfectly able to have an entire discord which is 99% Spanish, translated...?
To be fair, she did say "I have been told", not that she read it herself...

if scientists are talking to laymen they should adapt

I have a computer science degree, but I don't talk to my users about foreign keys or tuples, I adapt my language
I don't necessarily agree, and many of the problems are laymen trying to understand what the scientists are saying and when they misunderstand they do dangerous and harmful things like anti-vax or the more politically controversial climate change denial.

DeletedUser4689

i don't think anyone thinks this was someone playing guess and check manually. likely a dictionary/bruteforce attack of some sort... if the name was particularly short or common either would be quite simple. unfortunately both sides are being horrendously disingenuous because they're still trying to politic over the forums. inno can't do anything about this, nobody on the forums can do anything. the best thing to do with this is pick better passwords and learn from this. I will never use a password shorter than 20 characters myself simply to avoid this problem