• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Offense / Defense Village Build

DeletedUser

is anywhere a link to that simulator you huys were talking about ? :) I'd be deeply interested in it.

That depends on which sim you want, tw2calc.com is pretty accurate from what I can tell, but it wont account for lvl 2 and 3 churches on defense. As far as coolnights sim test link... that's his secret weapon, and you know how magicians don't like to reveal the methods :p

DeletedUser2491

oh, so deathangle's simulator is the tw2calc one ?? I just asked seeing those posts ^^ I always used that one so far, the only concern i found is that i cannot put in paladin weapons and as u said high level church, so i was wondering if perhaps there was another one i was not aware of.

DeletedUser

I don't think so... but if you do the math, I just add the number of extra troops onto the nuke to cover the paladin;s weapon^^

DeletedUser2491

yeah i do like that too, but afaik it's not exactly the same, due to the way the combat works. Since adding more troops adds more provisions which should unbalance the way the fight goes in reality. Unless of course you have a full nuke of the same type of unit, in which case there should be no problems.

DeletedUser

Is there really a standard build for def.? You can't even predict the kind of troops that will attack your village.

DeletedUser2122

Just the two i got from the first post of this thread:) They seem to work best but you can always mess around with the numbers.
Also as far as not knowing what is attacking you if you're online when the attack starts you can open the attacking villages information and you will see each units TT on it. If the attack is coming at cavalry speed then it's cavalry,and if it's coming at axemen speed then it's most probably a axe nuke,balanced offensive nuke with cavalry,If the attack is coming at ram/cat speed then the attack has either one of those. Hope this helps

If you looking for a basic defensive build I would go with something like 7200 spear, 7200 sword, 3000 archer. Very simple build and it alone will take 2 nukes to clear.
Different Province No Church:
6000 axes, 2000 LC, 875 MA, 230 rams --->No Church Village
vs.
7000 sp, 7000 sw, 2000 archers
IbV1GLY.png

6000 axes, 2000 LC, 875 MA, 230 rams --->No Church Village
vs.
3750 sp, 3750 archers, 2000 HC
HXhoni7.png

Same Province Church:
3600 axes, 1500 LC, 750 MA, 230 rams --->Church Village
vs.
7000 sp, 7000 sw, 2000 archers
4XhP6L6.png

vs
3750 sp, 3750 archers, 2000 HC
zUBDSqk.png

vs.
7000 sp, 2000HC
KVKsrNw.png

DeletedUser2720

I have a couple of questions.
First of all, which defensive build is more promising?
1. 3k/3k/3k/2k (Spear/Sword/Archer/HC)
2. 1k/1k/1k/3k (Spear/Sword/Archer/HC)

And second one, which offensive build is averagely more efficient?
1. 3k/1.5k/1.5k/1k (Axe/LC/MC/Ram)
2. 3k/1k/2k/1k (Axe/LC/MC/Ram)
3. 7.5k/1k/1k/1k (Axe/LC/MC/Ram)
4. 9k/0/2k/600 (Axe/LC/MC/Ram)

Thanks in advance :)

I have a couple of questions.
First of all, which defensive build is more promising?
1. 3k/3k/3k/2k (Spear/Sword/Archer/HC)
2. 1k/1k/1k/3k (Spear/Sword/Archer/HC)
Easily 2.

And second one, which offensive build is averagely more efficient?
1. 3k/1.5k/1.5k/1k (Axe/LC/MC/Ram)
2. 3k/1k/2k/1k (Axe/LC/MC/Ram)
3. 7.5k/1k/1k/1k (Axe/LC/MC/Ram)
4. 9k/0/2k/600 (Axe/LC/MC/Ram)

Thanks in advance :)
This depends on what you mean by effectivity. If you are talking about training time, it would be 1. If you're talking about effect in terms of killed units, it would depend on what you are attacking. I personally prefer to make armies consisting of one troop type only + rams, and then a few mixed armies still weighted on one unit type. That gives the the choice of attacking different defense builds with the optimal army.