• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Are things about to get interesting?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1023
  • Start date

DeletedUser1161

I see a pretty consistent pattern of mergers and players playing simcity, as soon as they get attack and lose a few villages though people seem to quit. Few seem to have the spine to stick around and fight.

DeletedUser

I see the nuisance is getting internobled, I guess the lies finally caught up to him.

DeletedUser1152

BBK makes a conquer on an AoW village (1.4 mil point player captures a village from a 1.2mil point player - setting up to invade an enemy province). 1.4mil point player sends nukes/fakes/nobles landing in 24-30 hours. He outplays the other player and captures the village at hardly any cost and before 1.2mil point player receives his incoming support. 1.2mil point player does not seem to be able to find his offense troops so he send spies to sab the 1.4mil point player invading his province.

Is this the extent of TribalWars? Or will this soon be turning into a sabs war. Troops don't win wars, Spies win wars. Sab the other player with thousands of spies until they quit. Then move onto next player. This isthe second time that I have been met with sabs when I invade an enemy province. Not sure why a player almost my size needs to resort to the same tactics as smaller players.

DeletedUser

RaiCadis;n29681 said:
BBK makes a conquer on an AoW village (1.4 mil point player captures a village from a 1.2mil point player - setting up to invade an enemy province). 1.4mil point player sends nukes/fakes/nobles landing in 24-30 hours. He outplays the other player and captures the village at hardly any cost and before 1.2mil point player receives his incoming support. 1.2mil point player does not seem to be able to find his offense troops so he send spies to sab the 1.4mil point player invading his province.

Is this the extent of TribalWars? Or will this soon be turning into a sabs war. Troops don't win wars, Spies win wars. Sab the other player with thousands of spies until they quit. Then move onto next player. This isthe second time that I have been met with sabs when I invade an enemy province. Not sure why a player almost my size needs to resort to the same tactics as smaller players.

Unfortunately their entire tribe is like this, including their wanna be tribe aaw. Their leader lost almost 200k and probably 20 villages in 5 days. No response other than mass sabs at myself.

Just an update, I took 4 more villages last night in the same province and they're just getting sabbed. AAW will not attack, they're a bunch of no good sabbing turtles.

DeletedUser

most players don't have enough offense to take villages. Get two players with mostly defense attacking each other and nothing will happen. All they can do is sabo. The game is fundamentally flawed with defense being so strong. Defense stacks and offense doesn't. Because of this, it is way too easy to defend,

The bigger problem is that this is all by design. They don't want players rolling over each other. A player who loses all his villages quits the game and doesn't buy anything. Just about everything in this game is there to slow down the pace of the game.

Provinces
Churches
Paladins
Coins
Single troop queues

Back in TW1, before noble coins, we could roll through players in a day and whole tribes in a week or two. It was awesome. When they added the coins, the game slowed to a crawl. We calculated that it was impossible to catch up to a bigger active player because the coin system. Based on how coins were produced, you could only get 1 to 2 nobles per day no matter how big you were. It just killed the game. And now, with provinces and churches, they added several other delays to the game. This game is so awfully slow.

I just participated in a large 3 vs 1 battle. While I won, I used up a bunch of troops. Now, I can't really do anything for almost a month. And while I won the battle, I don't have any nobles to take the villages. By the time I can get enough nobles, he will have rebuilt his entire defense.

Game is broken.

DeletedUser

vawlk;n30088 said:
I just participated in a large 3 vs 1 battle. While I won, I used up a bunch of troops. Now, I can't really do anything for almost a month. And while I won the battle, I don't have any nobles to take the villages. By the time I can get enough nobles, he will have rebuilt his entire defense.

Game is broken.

That's why you make the nobles before you attack :) You'd be surprised at how many coins you can mint and nobles you can make if you queue troops for 4-5 days, or fully max out the farm in queue in fully built villages and just mint coins. I just used half my nobles this weekend and I still have plenty left.

DeletedUser

Umm, I would have had to have 80 nobles stacked up. I had 20, I used them all.

It doesn't matter how many days you queue troops vs minting coins. It all comes from the same resource pool. When you have full armies, you mint a lot of coins. When 80% are wiped out, you don't mint so much if you want the army to get back to full as fast as possible.

I think I know how it works.

DeletedUser

vawlk;n30351 said:
Umm, I would have had to have 80 nobles stacked up. I had 20, I used them all.

It doesn't matter how many days you queue troops vs minting coins. It all comes from the same resource pool. When you have full armies, you mint a lot of coins. When 80% are wiped out, you don't mint so much if you want the army to get back to full as fast as possible.

I think I know how it works.

haha i think you missed his point

DeletedUser

no, i don't think I did.

The fact is there is a penalty for attacking. The more you attack, the more troops you have to rebuild. The more troops, the less coins you can mint. This is backwards. Minting coins should be tied to bash points or something else related to attacking.

In a war game, the most efficient play shouldn't be attacking inactives and barbs.

DeletedUser

Actually, I think you did... Why not have extra nobles waiting around in the villages with said trains so when the train comes home you can immediately send it out again to take another village? That would make 5 nobles (4+1 extra) instead of having two trains of four for a total of 8, saves you 3 nobles right there! Oh I know, that makes too much sense!

And that's not necessarily true about attacking more = more troops you have to rebuild... The only time when you rebuild is when you encounter defense that kills your troops. And if I remember correctly from OUR adventures... AOW doesn't like to build a lot of troops, at least in our area anyway so we haven't had to rebuild too much. So you don't mint any coins for 2 days... but you get full farm queues out of it. Just use the "2 week penalty" to mint coins or however long your nukes take. If i did my math correctly, that would come out to about 33 coins/village in those two weeks. Now you have 156 villages, and I looked, they're all academy qualified. That's 5000 coins you can make in those 2 weeks, comes out to about 20-25 nobles. So you nuke something, take 4-5 villages and you're down to 20 nobles. Just repeat the process and you have 40-45 nobles which is about where I am.

Oh, and the coin count goes up more if you farm!

DeletedUser

sushiman700;n30456 said:
And if I remember correctly from OUR adventures... AOW doesn't like to build a lot of troops, at least in our area anyway so we haven't had to rebuild too much.

I think both Lastchance as well as Dodgesailing will not quite agree with you there :) They've showed literally over hundred reports of wasted nukes. Yes, you have conquered a few villages, nice work (not meant to be insulting, in case you think so). But at quite a cost, to be sure.

I respect your tribe's commitment and cooperation though. It's impressive to see. Again, no jokes.

DeletedUser

Therapy?;n30481 said:
I think both Lastchance as well as Dodgesailing will not quite agree with you there :) They've showed literally over hundred reports of wasted nukes. Yes, you have conquered a few villages, nice work (not meant to be insulting, in case you think so). But at quite a cost, to be sure.

I did say OUR adventures if you didn't know (it's clearly stated above) as in MINE and my neighboring tribemates. The word ours would indicate the person saying ours is included in that. The two people you've mentioned are on the other side of the map by BBK so I can't comment on their adventures because I don't know, same with TW and Kings.

DeletedUser1023

TurtleGod;n23031 said:
Your post just shows that you are young and will never reach over 500 villages.

And as sad as it is, neither will he, for all his big words and BS. I wish there were more AOW fools about to re-ignite this thread. Ivain, Powerlord, anybody? Volunteers required please

DeletedUser

honestly, anyone who does reach 500 villages is a sad sad person. This game doesn't deserve the time we all put in to it.

DeletedUser

sushiman700;n30456 said:
Actually, I think you did... Why not have extra nobles waiting around in the villages with said trains so when the train comes home you can immediately send it out again to take another village? That would make 5 nobles (4+1 extra) instead of having two trains of four for a total of 8, saves you 3 nobles right there! Oh I know, that makes too much sense!
That has nothing to do with what we were talking about. Having 20 nobles to clean up an 80 point player will eventually run you out of nobles. If I waited until I had 80 nobles to clean up the villages, he would have fully rebuilt by then.

And that's not necessarily true about attacking more = more troops you have to rebuild... The only time when you rebuild is when you encounter defense that kills your troops.
Against an competent player, you will lose a lot of troops taking villages. Barbs and Inactives don't count. And if he is a turtle, then you will rebuild a lot which cuts in to noble production.

And if I remember correctly from OUR adventures... AOW doesn't like to build a lot of troops, at least in our area anyway so we haven't had to rebuild too much.
In my case, it was a TW traitor and they had a lot of defense.

So you don't mint any coins for 2 days... but you get full farm queues out of it. Just use the "2 week penalty" to mint coins or however long your nukes take. If i did my math correctly, that would come out to about 33 coins/village in those two weeks. Now you have 156 villages, and I looked, they're all academy qualified. That's 5000 coins you can make in those 2 weeks, comes out to about 20-25 nobles. So you nuke something, take 4-5 villages and you're down to 20 nobles. Just repeat the process and you have 40-45 nobles which is about where I am.

Oh, and the coin count goes up more if you farm!

Troops and coins are (stupidly) built from the same resource. Building one slows the rate at which you can build another. It is simple math. I can make 3-4 nobles a day if I am not building anything. At my current rebuild, I can do 1-2 per day. At 1-2 per day, it would take 40 days to clear a player with 80 villages. But player C who didn't do anything can noble my hard work in half the time. Great mechanic there.

And farming? Lol! 1: farm what? Nothing to farm near me 2: farm with what. Gotta have troops to farm.