• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Top Ten Tribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I seem to recall in the dim and distant past (TW1) that there were discussion posts about the Top Ten Tribes in a world. Can anyone shed any light on the Top Ten in Bastille?

Top Ten today are:

GOW
GW2
GIU
SEU
(K)
GW3
CKS
F!L
SKY
O.I

Thank you :)

DeletedUser486

The only tribe worth looking at is rank 11, with 42 members. The others have upwards of 125 and are not worth the time of day. Not a worthy discussion until the mass recruiters have all died off.

DeletedUser

I would agree with you there Yatogami, there does appear to be a LOT of mass recruiting tribes. Since joining the world less than 24 hours ago I had got 6 tribe invitations!! What happened to the days when you had to beg and plead to get into tribes :p

DeletedUser

From the start I deliberately held off many tribe invites and decided to wait until one would pop up that does not mass recruit and has some decent standards. With only a couple of strong players reasonably near me to help out or get helped out by. I'm glad I waited, because I am very content with my current tribe. Starting out with a manageable amount of players makes me actually get to know most of them, which is more fun and also makes for better cooperation. I see a lot of mass-recruit tribes around me, many of which have 4-5 members sharing a province. I foresee them getting expansion issues very very soon. I'm happy to be alone in my province.

Furthermore, I cleared out my own province quite rapidly and didn't have much trouble with it. Some people were (and some of my farms still are) in those huge tribes. So that just goes to show how poorly managed they are if they cannot even keep track of stagnating members.

DeletedUser

there are some diamonds in the rough out there. the 8-10 man tribes are scattered around and not mass recruiting. seems like that's the best way to go.

DeletedUser

Yatogami;n4210 said:
The only tribe worth looking at is rank 11, with 42 members. The others have upwards of 125 and are not worth the time of day. Not a worthy discussion until the mass recruiters have all died off.

We'ved moved up in score just a tad bit and hoping to close out the day at #9 with 43 members. We are an exclusive lot and do not believe in mass recruiting to be score whores. Points per member is what counts not the amount of bodies we can recruit.

DeletedUser

Yes I noticed you are a bit exclusive, having unsuccessfully tried to get an invite, I live in hope :)

DeletedUser486

Congrats at reaching your target at one player beyond your target. You have a few far reaching members beyond your borders, so I hope they aren't stuck on their own and that you didn't recruit them for the sake of boosting your rank. (@Dayna, you would be one of the farthest reaching players if they did recruit you, it would be for status only, you should find a tribe nearer you). Aside from that you have a very strong core so as long as your isolated members aren't picked off you should be good to go, or else you might find your member limit increase further.
I'm sure you had reasons for the isolated players recruited.

Indeed, I notice Therapy? in your tribe out in one of those more isolated clusters along with 3 other members.

DeletedUser

Foopah;n4484 said:
We'ved moved up in score just a tad bit and hoping to close out the day at #9 with 43 members. We are an exclusive lot and do not believe in mass recruiting to be score whores. Points per member is what counts not the amount of bodies we can recruit.
Sounds a lot like RoBAC for TW1-W1.

DeletedUser

Here we go again, MRA bashing.

Every time I play one of these games it seems someone makes a "Top 10" list in the beginning & directly after it, comes the MRA-bashing.

Then people chime in and pat themselves, and each other, on the back for being so Elite and so exclusive. All the while being secretly worried about how some MRA is "all over the place" and growing in numbers & strength.

MRA-bashing amounts to "Whistling in the Dark," in my opinion.

You see, the "Elite" people got together long ago and then hop from server-to-server, world-to-world. Set up secret alliances; set up secret plans; conspire with other "smaller" "more elite" alliances in a strategy to "take over the world." But they do this even before some world starts. They do this planning, and alliance making even before the world is launched or has a single player in it, so that by the time they get to a server, they hit the ground running.

But then there's always a few MRA's that make it. Make it to the top and stay there. They throw a monkey-wrench into all the plans of the life-long, dedicated, fanatical, radical ... and most of all ego-filled "Elites."

I've seen it happen before, because I've been part of it.

You see, I can't stand this type of talk... This "Whistling in the Dark" and "Mutual Self-Assurance" patting & stoking that people do when the play a game like this.

All game-makers are businesses. They are in it to make money. And people comply - oh do they ever. Ehh.. So goes it. The trouble is, and this too I see all the time, is the "Wallet-Warrior" type that pulls his skills out of a wallet, and throws them at the screen, then sits back and enjoys the ego-boost from how he is "better" "more skilled" "elite" than everybody else. All the while forgetting that he just bought the last victory, and will buy the one that comes after it... And after that, and after that... ad infinitum.

By advertising, game maker draw in new players. And for the most part when a game has been around long enough and has their core "life-longers" the companies need to bring in new "cannon fodder" to keep the egos well feed of the life-longer-wallet-warrior-elites.

Sure the old people know how to play the game, even in their sleep, if they ever get any. And, of course the poor newcomer has no clue what's going on, and especially not at the deeper levels. So in some ways, the MRA = non-experienced/non-elite is absolutely correct. But you see, it's not a "revelation" to know this. It's not that there are very "insightful" and "elite" players who are soooo good that they can see some "hidden" fact that newcomers are inexperienced. They talk like they are so above the inexperienced. Yet they climb the backs of the inexperienced to get their ego-boosts, all the while patting themselves on the back for being "so good."

Well, which is it? Are you that good or are you just taking advantage of newcomers? ... Because you see, you can't have it both ways. You can't deem yourselves "good" because you crushed some noob who doesn't know an Archer from a Mounted Archer. An MRA-basher is basically saying, "They are bad until they make me look good." And then I have to shout from the rooftops how they crushed some dude.

Also, no newcomer can come into a world like this and NOT be in an MRA and hope to survive. As I said earlier, people "come into" this game with half the planning and alliances already made. Now how is a newcomer or newcomers supposed to deal with that: There's only one way: The MRA.

So be thankful that you have MRA's here. They do all the hard work. They take in every newcomer that make it possible to even have a game like this, and they either train them or weed them out. And if an MRA happens to make it to the top, then say they did good. I've not only seen MRA-bashing in the beginning of a game, but even in the end.. Even when they have taken out several "Elite" alliances (who, of course go silent after that)... People still complain that they are the scum of the Earth ... The bottom of the barrel.

So go easy on MRA's, just in case one takes you out. Then you wont feel so bad when it happens.

:p

DeletedUser

Wow RackAttack, that is a very interesting and impassioned read! You make many really valid points about MRA's and pre-mades - I don't often read very long posts but yours made riveting reading, thank you. The points you make about elite wallet warriors rang so true! I have recently joined a larger tribe and in it are many that are total new comers to the game so I am trying to help out by providing "insightful" hints and tips about everything from micro farming to troop queues etc. The one thing I am lacking is some idea about a really good village build on TW2 as I only joined up a couple of days ago - if anyone has any ideas to share about this it would be gratefully received.

DeletedUser688

Dayna;n4711 said:
Wow RackAttack, that is a very interesting and impassioned read! You make many really valid points about MRA's and pre-mades - I don't often read very long posts but yours made riveting reading, thank you. The points you make about elite wallet warriors rang so true! I have recently joined a larger tribe and in it are many that are total new comers to the game so I am trying to help out by providing "insightful" hints and tips about everything from micro farming to troop queues etc. The one thing I am lacking is some idea about a really good village build on TW2 as I only joined up a couple of days ago - if anyone has any ideas to share about this it would be gratefully received.

Just boost your score as quickly as possible. This means maxing out your mines ASAP. With a huge score your neighbors will be too intimidated to attack you. Only then should you build an army.

DeletedUser

aldswater pandemic;n4745 said:
Just boost your score as quickly as possible. This means maxing out your mines ASAP. With a huge score your neighbors will be too intimidated to attack you. Only then should you build an army.
You have to be kidding or just wanting to take his village ;)

DeletedUser

Girl do you know how much wood I gather each hour? More than you have in your life; check my village sweetie.

DeletedUser

aldswater pandemic;n4745 said:

No offense, but this must be the worst advice I've seen on this forum yet. Not everyone is intimidated by score, and if they decide to call your bluff then all you've achieved is to create an excellent farm for someone else to exploit. So get your barracks pumping 24/7 ASAP. Use those troops to farm, it will net you more income at the start than those mines if you do it right. The quests are a good guide to follow when it comes to the question when to level your mines.

DeletedUser

I disagree Therapy. I've always used my points offensive to attack the enemy before they can attack me, and we sorta won W1. Troops are overrated since you will probably never use them.

DeletedUser

There is a lot of disinformation in this thread. Truly the only way to become self sustainable is through rapid growth of interior resource production. Become a strong economy and increase your rating to succeed.

DeletedUser

I max leveled up my hospital first before anything else because of obollo threat. am i doing this rite?

DeletedUser

aldswater pandemic;n4756 said:
rank 5 w69

it works

High ranked in W2 and W4 before I did quit, maybe things have changed a lot or maybe you were really lucky. I remember trying exactly that in another world, I think it was 8, not sure, and got rimmed as soon as people around me got nobles :D

Status
Not open for further replies.