• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Shenanigans

DeletedUser

Hmmmm...it is specifically against our rules to abuse bugs to gain an upper hand on players, but to abuse the idea that the game currently has bugs to play off invented ones to gain the upper hand... this may require some consideration with regards to how the support team should view this tactic...

Nice try sunshine :) the rules do not prohibit such behaviour they can consider it all they like but if it isn't against the rules they do not have a leg to stand on.

Additionally...

Seriously conning players into removing their troops and telling them about fake bugs,who does that?XD
If you were such a good player you would simply put in the effort to take a city genuinely and not by conning players. You're just going to create a bad rep for yourself and the next time you PM someone they simply wont believe you,I'm not saying what you did was wrong. We all have our methods when it comes to taking a city and you clearly like to trick players,but going as low to say it was a bug?? Wow.

Does my name not give you the slightest notion of my demeanour? I wouldn't have thought that one would have escaped you oh well maybe I overestimated you :)

Do I strike you as someone who cares about reputation? I am not phased if people don't believe me. Using the in game mailing system to create confusion and/or deceive the enemy in any way shape or form is not prohibited and as such can and will be used as a weapon by me and/or others who have the mental capacity to use it.

DeletedUser2122

Nice try sunshine :) the rules do not prohibit such behaviour they can consider it all they like but if it isn't against the rules they do not have a leg to stand on.

Additionally...

TotalPrick has written: Don't worry it is a confirmed bug by the support team, the attacks have no siege weapons in them but move your soldiers or they will all die as it is 4000 berserkers.
In regard to this,Here is what the rules say;
  • It is against the rules to impersonate any staff member or suggest acquaintances with them.
  • A player must not take advantage of a bug, in doing so they have violated the rules.
You're basically saying that the support team/mods have confirmed this as a bug. And according to the rules it's against the rules to impersonate any staff member. You may not obviously impersonating a mod here but you're saying that a mod/staff member has confirmed this as a bug when it clearly has not being done so. Then there is the other rule where you're not supposed to take advantage of a bug if it was a bug.

DeletedUser

In regard to this,Here is what the rules say;

You're basically saying that the support team/mods have confirmed this as a bug. And according to the rules it's against the rules to impersonate any staff member. You may not obviously impersonating a mod here but you're saying that a mod/staff member has confirmed this as a bug when it clearly has not being done so. Then there is the other rule where you're not supposed to take advantage of a bug if it was a bug.

Read what it says...

It says I cant impersonate a staff member. I haven't impersonated a staff member if I have please feel free to provide evidence. It also says that I cannot suggest an acquaintance with them, again I haven't suggested an acquaintance with them. As already stated there was no bug it was ficticious in order to deceive the enemy. Soooo... which rule did I break again Sherlock?

DeletedUser2122

lets see,
Definition of impersonate
pretend to be (another person) for entertainment or fraud.
"it's a very serious offence to impersonate a police officer"
synonyms:
imitate, mimic, do an impression of, ape;

Definition of synonym
A synonym is a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language

Definition of mimic
imitate (someone or their actions or words), especially in order to entertain or ridicule.

So in this case you imitated a member of the support staff
That makes sense doesn't it?.....sherlock

DeletedUser

haha thanks for the definition :)

So where have I impersonated a member of staff lets get real specific here, quote the exact phrase where I have impersonated a staff member.

DeletedUser2122

Jesus,
TotalPrick has written: Don't worry it is a confirmed bug by the support team, the attacks have no siege weapons in them but move your soldiers or they will all die as it is 4000 berserkers.
You're basically saying a in game mod(these are the people who work as the support team) confirmed a bug,when they clearly never did such a thing:p

DeletedUser486

I have underlined some things to draw your attention:
9. Miscellaneous

Members of the Tribal Wars 2 team are the final arbiters of any rules dispute. Their interpretation of these rules is final.
World accounts may be deleted after 14 days of inactivity. Please note that any Crowns left on the account will remain on the overall game account and will not be deleted.

Please keep in mind that TribalWars2 is a standalone game and the rules of the original Tribalwars do not necessary apply.

The rules can be modified or changed at any time. Each rule change will be communicated within the appropriate channels.

Inappropriate behavior in the support message system can lead to an account suspension.
I'm not saying an update of the rules would be retroactive, however you may have found an issue that needs addressing.
In taking advantage of the possibility of bugs to pass off your attacks as anomalies, is this unfair to the players who believe your lies.

DeletedUser

Jesus,

You're basically saying a in game mod(these are the people who work as the support team) confirmed a bug,when they clearly never did such a thing:p

Reread the definition of impersonate and make sure you thoroughly understand what it means then reread the quoted post and grade yourself on a sillyness scale of 1/10 (10 being very silly) how silly have you been?

DeletedUser2122

Reread the definition of impersonate and make sure you thoroughly understand what it means then reread the quoted post and grade yourself on a sillyness scale of 1/10 (10 being very silly) how silly have you been?
I've clearly stated to you the definition of impersonate and a loophole in which you can be banned for what you did:p And like i said before you told that guy that the support team confirmed a bogus bug. Who works for the support team?correct,In game moderators. So you by you telling the guy that the support team confirmed a bug that clearly doesn't exist you're mimicking a "support team staff member"
So the scale....I'd say 1:)

DeletedUser

I have underlined some things to draw your attention:

I'm not saying an update of the rules would be retroactive, however you may have found an issue that needs addressing.
In taking advantage of the possibility of bugs to pass off your attacks as anomalies, is this unfair to the players who believe your lies.

This is a more interesting response I don't believe the rules are open to interpretation on this matter at no time have I even come close to contravening them. If this behaviour is not allowed then the rules need to be changed to reflect that. With regards to "inappropriate behaviour IN the support message system can lead to an account suspension" I am not aware that I have been IN the support message system to behave inappropriately. This is clause evidently to prevent abuse to the volunteer workers and keep communications cordial.

DeletedUser

I've clearly stated to you the definition of impersonate and a loophole in which you can be banned for what you did:p And like i said before you told that guy that the support team confirmed a bogus bug. Who works for the support team?correct,In game moderators. So you by you telling the guy that the support team confirmed a bug that clearly doesn't exist you're mimicking a "support team staff member"
So the scale....I'd say 1:)

haha you actually believe your own drivel don't you... also you forgot a 0 off the end of your sillyness score.

DeletedUser2122

haha you actually believe your own drivel don't you... also you forgot a 0 off the end of your sillyness score.
I do,cause my drivel makes complete sense,hence the reason you choose to change the topic to a rating on my silliness :cool:

DeletedUser

I do,cause my drivel makes complete sense,hence the reason you choose to change the topic to a rating on my silliness :cool:

Not at all if you cannot comprehend the words used to define the rules then what use is it to debate the interpretation of the defined rule set? At least Yatogami is actually pointing out something relevant.

DeletedUser486

This is a more interesting response I don't believe the rules are open to interpretation on this matter at no time have I even come close to contravening them. If this behaviour is not allowed then the rules need to be changed to reflect that. With regards to "inappropriate behaviour IN the support message system can lead to an account suspension" I am not aware that I have been IN the support message system to behave inappropriately. This is clause evidently to prevent abuse to the volunteer workers and keep communications cordial.

That is not my point.
1. It is against the rules to abuse bugs to gain an upper hand, you are abusing the existence of bugs to gain the upper hand.
2. And this goes back to my very first response to you. If a player sends a ticket asking for an investigation of a bug you made up to trick their village away from them, thereby wasting the time of the support staff, then I will ban you.

Though I agree that the rules are too vague to retroactively punish you for these circumstances, it may call for an addendum to account for your loophole, at which point you would need to consider that in your future trolling of unwitting players.

DeletedUser2122

like i said,I pointed out a "loophole" in which you can get banned for doing what you did. Yes the rules say you cannot impersonate a mod,but if i was that diablo guy I would've raised a ticket on what you did clearly pointing out that you refereed to your attack as a bug confirmed by the support team. Which in my mind says you're misleading a player using the support team as a tool to do so.

Edit:That said,i'm done with this:p There is no point arguing with you over this when i clearly gain nothing:p
word of advise,careful how you con someone next,you never know how you might get a word or two wrong and that would lead to you getting into trouble

DeletedUser486

like i said,I pointed out a "loophole" in which you can get banned for doing what you did. Yes the rules say you cannot impersonate a mod,but if i was that diablo guy I would've raised a ticket on what you did clearly pointing out that you refereed to your attack as a bug confirmed by the support team. Which in my mind says you're misleading a player using the support team as a tool to do so.
He is not impersonating a mod, claiming that we have confirmed a bug is unsettling to me however, and would waste more of our time and resources as we searched for this confirmation should a player contact us adamant that this bug exists and has been reproduced by an investigating moderator.

DeletedUser

TotalPrick, I am the Community Manager for TW2 .en and I will give you a short list of what is okay to do and what is not.

1. Banter. You are allowed to message other players and give them a hard time. "My Rams will reduce your walls to rubble while my units move in and fill your streets with blood." <--- That is acceptable. "F*ck you!" <--- Not acceptable.
2. Lying. I want to be clear that you lying to another player is fine, you can tell them that you "mistakenly attacked their city, but that it was just a couple spearman" when in fact you have a nuke coming. That is acceptable. Telling a player you know from SUPPORT that a bug you made up is confirmed, will not be tolerated.

Yes, Yes, Support is no fun, we can't take a joke. I take false reports like this very seriously and let me explain why, my mods waste time trying to figure out if the bug is actually happening, testing it, and talking to the player that reported it. I have to spend my time searching through known bugs on ALL markets of TW2 to make sure that this made up bug has not been seen by anyone else. It wastes our time when we could actually be helping players who have a real problem.

In the future feel free to troll the newer players and con them out of their city, just do not do so by stating you have some inside information with the support team.

If you would like further clarification I would be happy to inform you on what is acceptable or not acceptable in a PM.

DeletedUser

Edit:That said,i'm done with this:p There is no point arguing with you over this when i clearly gain nothing:p
word of advise,careful how you con someone next,you never know how you might get a word or two wrong and that would lead to you getting into trouble

I have read the rules several times they are not too different from TW1 rules. Either way it wouldn't be the first time I have been banned from an online game and it won't be the last that much I am sure of :)

DeletedUser

TotalPrick, I am the Community Manager for TW2 .en and I will give you a short list of what is okay to do and what is not.

1. Banter. You are allowed to message other players and give them a hard time. "My Rams will reduce your walls to rubble while my units move in and fill your streets with blood." <--- That is acceptable. "F*ck you!" <--- Not acceptable.
2. Lying. I want to be clear that you lying to another player is fine, you can tell them that you "mistakenly attacked their city, but that it was just a couple spearman" when in fact you have a nuke coming. That is acceptable. Telling a player you know from SUPPORT that a bug you made up is confirmed, will not be tolerated.

Yes, Yes, Support is no fun, we can't take a joke. I take false reports like this very seriously and let me explain why, my mods waste time trying to figure out if the bug is actually happening, testing it, and talking to the player that reported it. I have to spend my time searching through known bugs on ALL markets of TW2 to make sure that this made up bug has not been seen by anyone else. It wastes our time when we could actually be helping players who have a real problem.

In the future feel free to troll the newer players and con them out of their city, just do not do so by stating you have some inside information with the support team.

If you would like further clarification I would be happy to inform you on what is acceptable or not acceptable in a PM.

Thanks for the clarity, should this perhaps be defined in the rules somewhere?

DeletedUser1666

Defined in the rules ---LMFAO ----> Your a TROLL you dont care about the rules -- its people like yourself that break the rules... because its your nature to be what your name states you are ..

No 1 likes a Troll, you may find some sense of satisfaction in doing so, but that also means you have some serious unresolved issues within yourself ,that you deam it neccessary to exact out all your little nasty TROLL fantasies of abuse and shananigans onto others without any thought for their feelings or the rules..

Twisted comes to mind..

The fact i havn't seen a decent post from you also adds to the fact of this opinion the aspects surrounding your posts ARE ALL TROLLING !!!

I get really (expletived ) off with people like you - in the real world that red prius with them hobo's would still be backing over that not so meaty carcass..

So TP You offencive little troll- ever heard the motto - If you havnt got anything good to say ---> Dont bloody say it... You will find you will be even mor elonelier because of this...

Shoulda called yourself No.2 out of my mouth all the time because what comes out of it is total faeces...

THE END