• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Shenanigans

DeletedUser

Thought I would share an archived post from our tribe forums to entertain you. Most of my posts get deleted from here because of their nature but never mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Its been a while since my last crusade of being a Prick to people so thought I would have a go at 5Diablos my most recent scout report is here.

ma5i9v9.png

I launched my noble train to his main village and fakes to his second village and sat back and waited, as suspected retaliation attacks came to three villages, I chose this as an opportune moment to engage him in the written word. I sent him a mail message with the subject line "WTF!!!" and this is what happened next:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TotalPrick has written: Why are you attacking me?

5Diabolos has written:The was attack first

TotalPrick has written:What attack?

5Diabolos has written:you 628,230 ---> me 619,205

5Diabolos has written:first attack 9:40 minutes later

TotalPrick has written:Two other people have messaged me and told me that I am attacking them too but I didn't believe them... I have no record of these attacks.

I think it is a bug in the game.

TotalPrick has written:It might be worth contacting the support team as they may have the playerid mixed up :/

5Diabolos has written:My current activities Attack 01-Condescension(628,230) - Defense Korea Diabolos(619,205) 9:10 minutes later

TotalPrick has written:Weird :/ I don't have that on my list...

Plus that village is full of defence troops.

TotalPrick has written:I have sent you some support to help with the attacks. Not sure what's going on here. Did you get an answer from the support team?

TotalPrick has written:Don't worry it is a confirmed bug by the support team, the attacks have no siege weapons in them but move your soldiers or they will all die as it is 4000 berserkers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At this point there was no response so assumed I had been rumbled :(

Then this happened.
e8ICOku.png

AlnVALz.png

DeletedUser486

I do not mind if you want to annoy players around you, but I do have some points to make.
1. Personally I think banter is more engaging, if you spam players in a way that they do not want or appreciate and they report you, we will be forced to investigate, to that point if a player ever asks you to stop messaging them, stop.
2. Do not encourage players to contact support chasing ghost bugs. This would waste an inordinate amount of the teams's time trying to figure out the bug/issue. If I catch you wasting any of the in game moderators time doing this I will infract you.

DeletedUser

Man why is everyone so boring around here :/

No wonder these forums are dead, infract me if you must this isn't the first time I have sent soeone to the support team chasing a phantom bug.

I convinced one guy that because he was farming barbarian villages around another player he triggered a barbarian uprising and 4 homeless guys in a red prius raided his village a stole a fishcake.

That post got deleted for no reason whatsoever.

I think I have the transcript somewhere.

DeletedUser486

I am simply pointing out a few things you should be aware of, I won't delete your post as this is the "Tavern" section of the forums. My response was one of a moderator, if you want my personal opinion here it is:

As a player, and a moderator, I play this game to build a community and promote interest in the game for newer players. Even those I end up attacking may request guidance and advice from me and I will gladly talk them through the game. While your tribe mates seem to enjoy your sense of humour, as well as some of the other forum goers on .us, what you do spits on what I, and everyone who volunteers their time to the team, try to accomplish. Not to mention the countless players and leaders donating their time to players that you might otherwise try to convince are seeing bogus attacks so that you can get one up on them.

DeletedUser

Not to be taken the wrong way but if someone actually believes that I am attacking them because 4 homeless guys raided my friends village in a red prius and stole a poodle, a jar of old humus, 4 plastic straws and a bucket of gravy and had a soup kitchen in my friends village they really need to read the game documentation...

As for spitting on what you and your chums are trying to build? What sort of boring idiots want to play a pvp game where you cant have a laugh at the expense of your enemy? Not the sort that are going to stick around very long let me tell you that, there are several reasons for it... the game mechanics are bland, the restrictions in the use of scripts is pathetic, the pay to win aspect to the game is hated by pretty much everyone and openly mocked by many.

Ask Rapter 357 what its like to go from enemy to friend in this cycle... its all in the name of good fun he even asked me to post this video for you to watch because he can't be bothered to make an account on a forum run by humourless fascists.

DeletedUser486

I have suggested 2 things to keep in mind whilst you play your way. I am not telling you to stop.
In both your threads however, you suggest to players to contact support with bogus issues which is a waste of time volunteered by the team and so I will say this again, if you abuse the support, we will punish you, this could range from a time out in game, to a forum ban here or even a ban from the support tool meaning that you are unable to report real issues yourself (boy who cried wolf scenario).

I am not here to debate the morality of your actions or your style of play, but to remind you and everyone else that the support is not to be abused or misused. In short, wasting the time of the members on my team. They are trying to play the game too, you know.

DeletedUser

I have suggested 2 things to keep in mind whilst you play your way. I am not telling you to stop.
In both your threads however, you suggest to players to contact support with bogus issues which is a waste of time volunteered by the team and so I will say this again, if you abuse the support, we will punish you, this could range from a time out in game, to a forum ban here or even a ban from the support tool meaning that you are unable to report real issues yourself (boy who cried wolf scenario).

I am not here to debate the morality of your actions or your style of play, but to remind you and everyone else that the support is not to be abused or misused. In short, wasting the time of the members on my team. They are trying to play the game too, you know.

Actually I had a message from one of your team laughing about it and telling me:

"Please, for the love of god, post that on the US forums as well."

and

"Let's hold off on posting it on US as well. ):
I got yelled at for laughing at it."

Now he is no longer a Mod. Wonder if these things are related.

DeletedUser2122

:D lol,now that's a sick way to con someone:p
I mean,wow.....who would've thought to do something like that. That's a bit low though:p
You could've come up with something better than telling the guy it's a bug and getting him to move his troops out

DeletedUser486

As I said, I am not telling you to stop your antics, but I am drawing a line.

We usually only lose members of our team who are unable to remain reliably active as per our requirements and we replace them. He would not have been removed, or yelled at, for clicking in on your humour but he may have been reminded of the line as I am reminding you. We simply cannot condone you suggesting players contact support knowingly for wild goose chases, and would remind any member of the team who may unwittingly sponsor such an act by agreeing with it. We have our responsibilities with regards to maintaining positive community build and correct use of volunteer support.

I hope that clarifies my objection and suggestion to your shenanigans. In fact, I will ask the Community Manager of .US for his thoughts on this.

DeletedUser

:D lol,now that's a sick way to con someone:p
I mean,wow.....who would've thought to do something like that. That's a bit low though:p
You could've come up with something better than telling the guy it's a bug and getting him to move his troops out

haha I did give him a few clues... 4000 berserker's at the time I was under 20k in points not very realistic :p. Additionally the attack was at noble speed and took over 14 hours to arrive he noticed the attacks with around 12 hours to go. Unless the berserker where wheelchair bound its fairly obvious. Apart from this there were 5 attacks not one :p

I engage the majority of my targets in mail I have take three villages so far without losing any troops haha

DeletedUser2122

Dude he could've been a noob:p
if i were you i would've said that i accidentally attacked him and cannot cancel it now,now that is was a bug xD
Though i dont con noobs to grab a city so:p

DeletedUser

Dude he could've been a noob:p
if i were you i would've said that i accidentally attacked him and cannot cancel it now,now that is was a bug xD
Though i dont con noobs to grab a city so:p

Haha could've have been a noob. He obviously was a noob and if your attack was accidental what is his motivation to move his troops exactly? The reason you don't con people isn't because you take a moral stance on the issue its because you cant think more than 1 move ahead.

DeletedUser

Thats the last thing you should post...cus it wasnt just you there if you recall ,dont think outside people will enjoy our super morbid humour. :D

DeletedUser2122

Haha could've have been a noob. He obviously was a noob and if your attack was accidental what is his motivation to move his troops exactly? The reason you don't con people isn't because you take a moral stance on the issue its because you cant think more than 1 move ahead.
only reason i dont con people is cause i actually like putting a effort and taking a city:p

DeletedUser

only reason i dont con people is cause i actually like putting a effort and taking a city:p

haha how ridiculous that's like saying "when I play xbox I don't use my thumbs because I like putting in the effort in" 90% of any battle takes place in your mind the rest is just maths.

DeletedUser2122

Seriously conning players into removing their troops and telling them about fake bugs,who does that?XD
If you were such a good player you would simply put in the effort to take a city genuinely and not by conning players. You're just going to create a bad rep for yourself and the next time you PM someone they simply wont believe you,I'm not saying what you did was wrong. We all have our methods when it comes to taking a city and you clearly like to trick players,but going as low to say it was a bug?? Wow.

DeletedUser486

going as low to say it was a bug?? Wow.

Hmmmm...it is specifically against our rules to abuse bugs to gain an upper hand on players, but to abuse the idea that the game currently has bugs to play off invented ones to gain the upper hand... this may require some consideration with regards to how the support team should view this tactic...