• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Top 10 Maps

DeletedUser4507

Pay attention to the development of the world and you'll understand. Why are you so rude towards your ally anyway?

Please stop with the offtopic stuff, if you don't get the message then don't comment about it :p I don't wanna annoy my bestie coolnite (<3)
Forum is forum. In-game is in-game. If you have problem with your diplomacy, why writting it here? Looks like off-topic to me.

DeletedUser2369

Lol, WalkingRock, now you understand why I started to get really frustrated with this thread. You try to give to the community and someone always just wants to be a troll or puke on your ideas, or both lol.

To answer I went to start of our discussion and main reason I joined here. You, using metrics that were telling only part of the story or metrics that I didnt even see how are related to your predictions. I hoped I get either explanation that will be logical and make sense or I will be able to pursuade you to change your metrics to something more relevant to your predictions.

What I described above is not full analysis, but rather data base for your "predictions" or whatever you want call it. (no offense meant) You mentioned somewhere that you didnt want to rank tribes. I dont think it is necessary, but I believe that you should either use no data or all data. (at least those who we, agree upon that are relevant)
When you add diplomacy to that it should work very well.
As posts before, used metrics, weights or other things are open for general discussion that should lead to some kind of consensus about data/metrics.
I guess I understand what you are trying to do if you are trying to improve my predictions, the problem is to do all this takes too long, i already spend too long doing the updates.
Your metrics could improve my analyses, however a lot of what I am saying is based off experience, rather than numbers. As we say, numbers dont tell the whole story, so I am only using them to try peek into whats really going on, matching that to other tribes and situations I have encountered, and making guesses from there. No way it is accurate, which is why I keep challenging people to make their own analyses rather than just complaining about how I arrived at mine, however I believe my track record has been pretty good.
This may be what you have been calling bias, but I disagree, news and media bring in experts for their opinions on stories for a reason, these experts try to use facts to justify their position, but there is always an intuitive leap from what the numbers and facts say, to what the expert says, and it is their experience that allows them to make that leap. I may not be an expert, but Ive been around for a while, so i try my best to make these leaps. I am perfectly happy if someone wants to disagree with the result, and give their own analysis, maybe with their own leap.
There is no exact science to this. Even your stats is not a holistic view. there will need to be assumptions and intuitive leaps made. Will I get it right all the time? not a chance. Will I get it right most of the time? I hope so, but not necessarily. Will you agree most of the time? probably not, thats where you make alternative assumptions and leaps and post your results, then we can discuss the different views. We dont have to agree, but we do need to be grown up in how we disagree.

DeletedUser4507

@GRhin I think this was the most honest post from you so far. Thank you for it.
I will skip the whole expert guessing vs. analysis part, it would be salty big time, because based on my experience whenever I saw meet expert(guy with experiences) and analyst, analyst predictions were in all occaisions I remember more precise. You have asked us to make our own predictions.
I made my prediction already, just dont post it here.
3 weeks ago it was: 5.OTS 4. NOH 3.-D- 2.WoW 1.TWC (now renamed as P2W)
Right now I would say: 5.GUM 4.-D- 3.NOH 2.WoW 1.TWC
This is based on my expert guess and dont try to elaborate it. Future will tell us.

Not P2W or TWC, it's -X-... TWC hasn't been a thing for a long time. -X- is staying.

Thanks for your predictions, but I don't agree with either. In my opinion:

1. -X-
2. Barbarians

Thank you for competing <3

DeletedUser2369

@GRhin I think this was the most honest post from you so far. Thank you for it.
This is based on my expert guess and dont try to elaborate it. Future will tell us.
I have said the same thing several times, never tired to hide it. The last post was no more or less honest than any other post, maybe you simply better understand what I have been saying all along.

And as has been mentioned, this is supposed to spark discussion. you have given an opinion and then specifically tell us not to discuss it. That kind of defeats the purpose of posting it does it not?

I will now discuss what you dont want me to discuss.
I think you put OTS a bit low on your 3 weeks ago list (at the time i would have put OTS and NOH equal based solely on what I could see from the forum, so i guess someone had to be fourth, just my "intuitive leap" considered OTS to be in a better position - I did not see Darkness coming), however as they have disappeared it appears justified. I know you think i am biased here, and frankly i stopped caring, but I would like to hear your unbiased reasoning for it.
Remember, while I may be disagreeing with you, I am not challenging your prediction (as I say OTS died so your prediction was correct), I am trying to understand how you arrived at it. You also put NOH ahead of Darkness now, and I am interested to hear why. tbh NOH and OTS were close enough in all stats that an intuitive leap is almost required, but you have dismissed that as the enemy of good analysis, so I assume you have somehting more substantial to base it off. NOH and Darkness are in very different situations stats wise and map/diplomacy wise, so I trust there is something in particular that you are seeing to justify their comparison. And also at that time I did not see TWC as being on top, in fact I saw them similar to NOH, so could you enlighten me on what I missed that caused you to put them on top?

OTS was a good tribe that made a couple small errors with massive implications. First off their "alliances" may as well have not existed, and so their diplomatic postition as a whole was bad. I believe if WOW had have backed OTS even a little, OTS could have overpowered Darkness and -X-, or at least if WOW had have prevented Darknesses crossing their territory, the central OTS could have held out indefinately against NOH, they were doing so after all, untill Darkness smashed into their flank. The alliance with A-I was pointless as they were never in a position to help each other at all, and A-I dissappeared as a challenger very early on in the world.
I think their most devastating mistake was earlier on though, and that is their alliance with WOW in the first place. The alliance crowded out several players who lived between the central and southeastern clusters, who then restarted on the rim causing a gap between those clusters and creating a third cluster. If they had have fought WOW instead early on, they may have lost, which would put them in a strong rim presence simlar to NOH or -X-, or they could have won which would potentially have made them the dominant core tribe. The alliance with WOW never amounted to much more than a few thousand defense, and a couple nukes used to help OTS against NOH, while the benefit to WOW was to provide a secure buffer between them and NOH and a distraction to -D-. A very lopsided alliance. And I guess it paints a picture of a divided tribe (three clusters is rather divided, not sure why i didnt make that connection earlier), they should have stood together in whatever strategy they chose to pursue, whether it be fighting or restarting, but they didnt, and so they never had the regional numerical superiority required for rapid growth.
However none of your stats could quantify these diplomatic blunders, they put NOH ahead of OTS, despite failing to make much progress against them, if any at all. It could not predict Darkness marching through WOW to catch OTS in a vice, or the fact that -X- and -D- would overwhelm the southeastern cluster through sheer numbers (i was watching the reports, on a per player basis OTS were far better than the attackers, it was just the quantity that overpowered them from what I saw). So I wonder why you ranked them this way?

In anticipation of your response being the one thing I can recall you pointing to previously to debate my opposite position - bash - i have gone back three weeks to see what I posted. there I saw a very similar offensive bash per member, and NOH had an extra 25% defensive bash per member. Now we disagree on the relevance of defensive bash (this could mean you werent attacking OTS, while they were attacking you, which would make me think they were keeping you on the back foot, therefore doing better, or it could mean they were dodging your attacks so you were getting off bash elsewhere as well, which could imply either one for doing better depending on how you look at it), however the difference is relatively minor if you include it.
And if bash is your main basis for putting NOH ahead of OTS, then surely POTs crazy bash at that time should had least earnt them a mention?

As a side note, my update three weeks ago actually paints a picture similar to your prediction. Mentioned NOH doing well, and OTS losing villages to multiple tribes, and that POT wasnt doing well. Just missed out on your high opinion of TWC.

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser4507

@GRhin I understand that OTS had bad diplomacy and lots of your problem came from bad diplomacy.
None numbers can predict blounders of any type. You can notice how is machine evaluation changing when player make a blunder. When you are planning anything you cannot expect enemy will blunder. It is just nice bonus.
About "the central OTS could have held out indefinately against NOH" claim. This is far from truth and sadly -D- mess into this. First, let me note that to OTS central core cluster I dont count you, because you were battling different players and many wow players were battling them as well, doing more than you. Rest about 6-7 OTS players were battling about 6-7 NOH players. After first two weeks of battling we were able to gain upper hand and pull OTS back from our provinces. In this momemt OTS stopped deffending thier villages and stick to recapturing. Dont get me wrong, they did amazing job and they have my respect for how long they hold with so little resources. But when our noble limit raised you cannot recapture everything. If -D- dont interfere it would took many long weeks before we finish OTS cetral core, but we would done it. Sadly, -D- interfere and you got excuse why we "overwhelm you".
You say I have no numbers that show that. And you say both OTS and NOH has same numbers. Total numbers. We achieve them in shorter time, because our average player is just better. Plus, you had terrible defence in general. You let us rim Darteye without resistanace. When you ignore time and ignore defence we were equal, but it is not my problem you dont understand what numbers are telling. It is there whole time, you just refuse to admit it.
This is topic that started the whole mess between each other and I am not the one who put it back, but dont expect me just watch you lying.

DeletedUser2369

I'll respond in full later, but a couple points I'd like to make is
1. You're description of events differ slightly to what I saw, I don't believe you would have eventually broken through from what I was seeing, and its not that I'm not seeing numbers, you have yet to show the numbers that you think I refuse to see. Or maybe it's you putting bias on numbers without realising.
2. I disagree that your average player is better, however I do believe your teamwork was better.
3. What lies?
4. I merely asked for your reasoning for your rankings, I don't see how that put some whole mess on the table,or why you have gotten upset again, is it just that I'm not allowed to talk about OTS or NOH?

DeletedUser2369

I was going to do a much more detailed response, but I realised I just don't care enough.
OTS are dead. What happened to get them that way isn't important.
In my previous post I merely wanted to understand your reasoning for your rankings, in the hopes of learning something that could make my future analyses and predictions more accurate. Maybe the words I chose to convey that desire were the wrong ones to use (i actually get that alot), I was a little peeved by your prior post, and maybe that came out in how i asked for your reasoning, if so, I apologise for the misunderstanding.
If discussing OTS v. NOH gets us in another row let us bench that, as I say it is no longer relevant. However the rest of your rankings are very interesting to me.
let us pretend the last 3 posts never happened and go back to the last on-topic post, then I will re-write my response, hopefully in a way that conveys my desire for information better.
Paraphrased Quote:
I made my prediction already
3 weeks ago it was: 5.OTS 4. NOH 3.-D- 2.WoW 1.TWC (now renamed as P2W)
Right now I would say: 5.GUM 4.-D- 3.NOH 2.WoW 1.TWC
This is based on my expert guess. Future will tell us.

You put -X- ranking at the top 3 weeks ago when I thought they were the equivalent of NOH, which you had in 4th, and I wonder if you could tell me what I missed that put them so high?
You have consistently put -D- lower than I would have considered putting them, 3 weeks ago all stats i saw had them effectively the same as WOW, but WOW had diplomatic trappings that -D- did not have. As it turns out you are right, so im not challenging, im wondering what at that time led you to rank them lower than WOW, and now lower than NOH. Is it simply the different bash levels? I am hesitant to make judgment solely on bash, mostly due to the POT situation. So if it is the bash that led you to this prediction, maybe you can help me understand how bash went so wrong for POT but might be right. I assume being in NOH you have inside knowledge of how this bash is being earned, maybe that is the difference?

I hope I have chose the right words this time. I am not trying to dig at you, or pull down your predictions (they do seem to be right so far after all), I just want to understand them.

DeletedUser4818

I think the biggest problem is that you base your opinion on numbers only. I mean you can't put a tired darkness with player dropping out and player just being bored as **** before a tribe like -X- when they bring in all those names and grows that rapidly. The darkness players have yet to face a single challenge so they haven't been proven in battle. Also you talk about the map, well if we are gonna talk about the map you need to take into consideration that one of the core tribe (of the 3 at the time) will most likely disappear before a rim tribe also since none of the core tribes really pushed on heavily against the rim on either side.
Now if anyone will think that -X- is gonna win the server, well they would have to go through darkness and wow before even being able to take out NOH. So if walkingrock are thinking that -X- will win the server, well it is very logical that darkness will go down before NOH if you are gonna make the prediction wouldn't you say?

DeletedUser2369

Lol, now I'm getting mixed messages, pretty sure you have both have told me I should only base off numbers, now your telling me I can't do that.
Anyways, What is it that makes you guys rate -X- so highly?

DeletedUser4507

@GRhin First, please notice that I have 2 different approaches. Analytical/Accurate one, that I used for whole time during discusion with you. I use exact numbers as evidence for claims and I dont predict future with this aproach. Second aproach is intuitive/experience/feelings aproach where I dont use a single number as evidence and I use it to predict future. The reason why I didnt want to discus my predictions is because they are not based on numbers and thus there is nothing much to discus about. But when you had the necesity to start and say you want to learn, lets do it.
"You put -X- ranking at the top 3 weeks ago when I thought they were the equivalent of NOH" I have seen top tier predators before, I recognized top tier predator, I ranked top tier predator.
"You have consistently put -D- lower than I would have considered putting them" I dont see a single deed on this server except their size. They have similiar position like WoW, but WoW get a province from NOH, they decimated both TCO (in time where TCO was SW) and POT, despite I heard some rumors about some players quit before it happen, cant take it from WoW. WoW spread masively to SW part of server. What did -D-?
"and now lower than NOH" (In context about -D-.) Frippen is right. It is because of their long border with -X-. Despite, I dont think NOH would beat -D-, their position is worse and I predict they fall sooner.

Gotta agree with Rock here, -D- has done absolutely nothing. Their growth can all be accredited to their alliance with WOW and the fact that they did not fight anyone who wasn't an inactive (tribes such as Apache's, SIN, etc), so they couldn't get hurt at all. Sure, they grew, but that's all thanks to the high village point count in the core area which they somehow still dominate.
You gotta take into account the fact that Melkor made half of his playerbase quit the game due to his attitude though, so rather than having 700 active villas, a good 300 of them are just sat there.

As for -X-, I think it's just down to knowing who the players in that roster are.

DeletedUser2369

Lol kitten, you need a safeword to say when your being serious and when your just being a troll!
Anywho, regarding player roster, IV found that having great players doesn't nessacarily make the tribe great as they need to have good teamwork as well.
For example BIG in en10 I believe (that's the era most of my experience comes from), was a pre-made of world winners drawn by the name of BIG who were doing the PnP well in en7 at the time. It quickly fell apart as all the players were expecting different things, and few could work with each other.
I'm not making a judgement of -X- here, honestly I haven't looked too hard at them yet.
So concensus seems to be that:
- darkness has taken easy kills with a secure flank due to alliance with WOW, partially inactive and will fall apart when facing an organised tribe.
- -x- is looking to jump to the top of the list, mostly based on who is in the tribe.

I'm not sure I understood walkingrocks comment about NOH, but what I think I understand is different to what I think frippen has said.
Can we get some discussion on their position and potential future?
WOW hasnt really been mentioned, their South has been doing well, but from what I've been seeing sitting next to their northern edge they seem somewhat toothless around here. Am i missing something? Thing ought to change soon tho with its no longer providing a buffer between wow and NOH so the next week will be interesting to watch.
Yes I may referencing these comments in tomorrow's update, but I won't take credit for your views.

DeletedUser4507

My predictions about -X- were only based on their rapid grow. Their grow is superior to none. When I exclude WOW and -D- butchery of farmville players from TSO, only war so far was NOH vs. OTS. We dont have enough data to tell which tribe can beat others, so everything here is just guessing. I dont talk much about diplomacy, because it is not area of my expertise and I dont write about things that might have major influence on in-game.
To GRhin: I have no problem with you using my views. I just ask you to make distinction between my analysis of past and predictions of future and dont mix them together.

DeletedUser2369

You mentioned you wanted help with your english, thats the only reason i post this bit "superior to none" actually means they are the worst (as in, they are superior than nobody, or everybody is superior to them), you could have use "inferior to none" (saying that they arent worse than anyone, which means they are better) or the common phrase I think you were looking for "second to none" (saying there is no one else who could take first place instead of them)
As for Wars, you are right, though i will expand a touch, NOH vs. OTS, Darkness vs. OTS, -X- vs. OTS, even briefly H_J vs. OTS, all happening at once. At the time Id assume that was a concerted assault between Darkness, -X- and H_J, as they were all attacking the same OTS players, OTS would kill troops from one attacking player and the next would start.
Soley from the reports of that that I saw (i doubt I saw them all) I wouldn't care to guess who would win, i saw some really poor assaults and coordination from all tribes, and some good stuff as well. Darkness had a habit of not watching their assaults, meaning they lost lots of nukes that were sitting in a village theyd just taken when OTS reclaimed them, sometimes hours later. -X- had let several attacks through to kill offensive troops defending at home, i guess OTS got the timing right so the players werent online.
The main thing i saw that impressed me was one that I myself ran into attacking NOH, with 2.5hrs warning 110k defensive troops stacking one village (spied basically empty as the nobles were sent, and again with 110k before the nobles landed), im still trying to figure out how all the swords got there in time, as im pretty sure there werent that many troops locally available.

DeletedUser2369

all good, it was clear to everyone what you meant, so i would usually have ignored it.
But on that, can you reword this statement for me?
"Despite, I dont think NOH would beat -D-, their position is worse and I predict they fall sooner."
Are you saying that, despite your ranking NOH ahead of -D-, you think -D- will outlast NOH? or was that just a translation error?

DeletedUser4507

It wasnt rank. It was prediction of order of their donwfall, but I should not use reversed order than you.
My guess of the order of tribes being killed, at the current rate of the world:
1. OTS (yes i said they were winning against NOH, but if they lose everywhere else they will end up overpowered eventually)
2. WOW
3. -X-
4. NOH

DeletedUser2369

Ah, NOw it makes more sense.
That list was wildly inaccurate as it was assuming -D- had alliances all around and the others kept them when they dropped one. Im seeing alot of rumours towards the situations i said would prevent Darkness winning.