• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

When a TW2 moderator admits they have users pockets in mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser486

Sorry to break this to you, but moderators don't get paid.
The monetary funding from players through the game has no affect on the volunteers that try to keep this market on track with limited tools, and evidently, very little respect. It is not that the moderators give two craps who buys crowns and who doesn't (since mods don't have those authorisations), it is that a player is being a disrespectful wiseass and the mod just wants to end the conversation.

The mods are here donating their time to funnel the feedback on the forum, as well as in tickets back to the developers and try to compile information on bugs, imbalances and player discontent. Disrespect can be disheartening, and moderators are not expected to deal with abuse. So keep pushing and see where it gets you when you need help.

Have no fear though "spikeman", you keep picking on the mods, and I shall certainly be here to pester you relentlessly in retaliation.
Next time I won't be as nice.
tumblr_m12ru890PJ1qjby7no5_r1_500.gif

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser1594

Furthermore, why would you begrudge a company that is trying to make money. If they weren't trying to make money they would be an awful company/non-existent.

DeletedUser2185

Twisting my words around wont change the fact that this is sad. I was merely being nice and told you that we do have you in mind with every update. You took that as "Inno makes bugs on purpose to draw money from us" which is a false idea, since developers spend countless hours fixing each and every bug.

It is sad that there are people out there that like to feed off everything. Like Yato said, we are the support line for you, take that as you will.

I was being nice in explaining how implementation do not go flawlessly every-time, and if you thought they did or should, then you clearly never have worked in IT before, take it from someone who has a degree in it. Inno has always had the player in mind, we are making this game for you, and the mods are here (on their own time) to help other members of the Community with issues. While we do not get paid (hence nothing to gain) we are very unbiased, therefore, have the best intentions in all we do.

I do not discount the fact that I walked into that without reading it too carefully, but I hope you learned that twisting words around is not amusing, or cute, its really disrespectful, especially when I take time out of my day to help you out.

P.S. Yato thank you for the kind words.
Shekel you as well buddy.

DeletedUser894

That... That's...
Quiet... mhm..
Disgusting.. moderators don't get payed... Wow... :\.... ouch.
Thanks for being there for us Canibal and other mods,

DeletedUser2496

"Inno makes bugs on purpose to draw money from us"
Oooh no, not at all, never took it as that. I know moderators don't get paid, hence why TW2 advertise it as a "voluntary position". Never said they get paid.

But either way, we all know TW2 "PAID" staff are only making the game more pay to win like. Hence the massive increase in people complaining, like myself. Extremely considering the whole inbalanced buy your way into a province with church and level 20 wall talk. Personally suffered massively due to this, The Black Knights on Kronborg being the main example, capturing barbarians and then 30 minutes later have a church with level 20 walls. Unless I missed something and all barbarians have churches and level 20 walls now?

That was more my point, I'm not slating Canibal at all, he's been a decent moderator on multiple occasions and thank him for serving the community voluntarily.

And Canibal, the point I was trying to make to you in the support chat was that it's funny how TW2 "PAID" staff can add features that make it much much easier for paying players to win, but can't fix 2 bugs that have been around for months. Probably have been around since TW2 started.

And the point against slating the company for trying to make money is silly aswell. They have made it completely unbalanced. Travian have done it extremely well, and even better in Travian Kingdoms, It's balanced and players can't splash £££ just so they can beat a player that in theory, should beat them. Tribal Wars 2 however.

But I suppose I'll get the typical reply of "If you don't like it, leave". In which I will reply. Cool. Anyway! Signing out of the forums now :D

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser

Oh I so love posting ninjas. They put up posts that they know will be replied to, usually in a negative way, and then.....POOF! They're gone. Lol

DeletedUser894

I'm still frigging mind blown....
mods don't get payed... why innogames... please reply?
Why in the earth do you hire 18+ yr olds... to get a job help us.. and they don't get payed...
like they could go get a full time job or a part time...
why not stop resource deposits.. and have donations of 5% - 15% - 25% to officers go to moderators paypal or something..

DeletedUser3135

Twisting my words around wont change the fact that this is sad. I was merely being nice and told you that we do have you in mind with every update. You took that as "Inno makes bugs on purpose to draw money from us" which is a false idea, since developers spend countless hours fixing each and every bug.

It is sad that there are people out there that like to feed off everything. Like Yato said, we are the support line for you, take that as you will.

I was being nice in explaining how implementation do not go flawlessly every-time, and if you thought they did or should, then you clearly never have worked in IT before, take it from someone who has a degree in it. Inno has always had the player in mind, we are making this game for you, and the mods are here (on their own time) to help other members of the Community with issues. While we do not get paid (hence nothing to gain) we are very unbiased, therefore, have the best intentions in all we do.

I do not discount the fact that I walked into that without reading it too carefully, but I hope you learned that twisting words around is not amusing, or cute, its really disrespectful, especially when I take time out of my day to help you out.

P.S. Yato thank you for the kind words.
Shekel you as well buddy.
There's always a few that want to complain but the vast majority of the community here greatly appreciates all that the moderators do for us in here. You guys do an often thankless job so on behalf of all those like me let me say thank you to all our mods for the good job they do here.

DeletedUser

It is a pretty thankless job. I've been reading through the other threads and it seems to be a "shoot the messenger" type scenario in some, so to speak. Guys, if the developers were the ones on the forums answering our questions and resolving disputes then I could understand some of the aggression on here. But the moderators are passing along information, they aren't the ones coming up with this stuff. Why abuse them?

DeletedUser1594

Oooh no, not at all, never took it as that. I know moderators don't get paid, hence why TW2 advertise it as a "voluntary position". Never said they get paid.

But either way, we all know TW2 "PAID" staff are only making the game more pay to win like. Hence the massive increase in people complaining, like myself. Extremely considering the whole inbalanced buy your way into a province with church and level 20 wall talk. Personally suffered massively due to this, The Black Knights on Kronborg being the main example, capturing barbarians and then 30 minutes later have a church with level 20 walls. Unless I missed something and all barbarians have churches and level 20 walls now?

That was more my point, I'm not slating Canibal at all, he's been a decent moderator on multiple occasions and thank him for serving the community voluntarily.

And Canibal, the point I was trying to make to you in the support chat was that it's funny how TW2 "PAID" staff can add features that make it much much easier for paying players to win, but can't fix 2 bugs that have been around for months. Probably have been around since TW2 started.

And the point against slating the company for trying to make money is silly aswell. They have made it completely unbalanced. Travian have done it extremely well, and even better in Travian Kingdoms, It's balanced and players can't splash £££ just so they can beat a player that in theory, should beat them. Tribal Wars 2 however.

But I suppose I'll get the typical reply of "If you don't like it, leave". In which I will reply. Cool. Anyway! Signing out of the forums now :D

I always laugh at how inane the arguments are made by some. I'm not sure if you realize that prior to the updates you were always able to crown buildings. Stating that an enemy is buying a church and walls, has been going on since the beginning of the game. The difference is that it is now more expensive. If anything by making it more expensive Inno actually cut their own throat in regards to making money. I would have to assume that you were a casual spender at one point which is why this is an issue now. I don't think the building times really had anything to do with them making more money, as I am sure they lost money as they priced out all the casual spenders as buying a church became ridiculously expensive. If you want to bitch, moan, and complain about them making money, the real gripe is with instant unit build.

DeletedUser2185

No worries mate, It just not something we allow the posting of support tickets. I figured you didn't have anything against me, but all stakes must be answered, and I hope you didnt take anything I said as too harsh, I dont mind doing the job and not getting paid; the reason I've modded for both TW and TW2 is because I love the game so much. I want to be on the front lines helping drive the game in a positive direction, because I've been playing this game since I was 12, and it just an attachment thing for me.

But you guys are welcome :); Thank you for gaming with us!

That... That's...
Quiet... mhm..
Disgusting.. moderators don't get payed... Wow... :\.... ouch.
Thanks for being there for us Canibal and other mods,

You are most welcome AIDS :)

It is a pretty thankless job. I've been reading through the other threads and it seems to be a "shoot the messenger" type scenario in some, so to speak. Guys, if the developers were the ones on the forums answering our questions and resolving disputes then I could understand some of the aggression on here. But the moderators are passing along information, they aren't the ones coming up with this stuff. Why abuse them?

If someone didn't get abused then the world wouldn't be normal ;). We are prepared for such scenarios, and having worked in customer service for a long time; I know how customers get sometimes.

But hey, it is their money and I sympathize with that.

DeletedUser

What i do not understand Inno games will not pay to put 1 Paid staff member on their own moderator team or furthermore just pay the moderators?
because it always seems to come up that there doing it & not getting paid, well they knew that signing up however they do receive other benefits & as mentioned they know full well there not being compensated on the books like a normal job when on skype with staff.

What is bothersome is inno not posting someone ( or multiple someones ) to tw2 to help address these things even if only part time when they have with other of their games especially a game such as this which seems is at the cusp of either ( starting to or going to in the near future ) fail & lose a large majority of there following or they could intervene & change certain things to keep the majority of their player base.
as has been the case in other of their games when there was such a public outcry against a particular thing that was added removed or changed.
Maybe your voices are just not being yelled ( Typed) loud enough forum typers?
In fact without the people who reply to the forums here & also those who take part in the surveys & those who turn in bugs explain, fundamental flaws in the games design & outline exactly how things should be fixed through the eyes of their player then the devs & inno staff would have a Much harder time taking the game in any sort of even remotely correct direction & would also have a much harder more expensive Alpha & Beta periods.

I think they should pay there mods ( Cash only then if those people then want to buy in game premium then they do so like everyone else, this would be to avoid any type of BS & mostly complaints that will no doubt arise from any other ways of compensation) Not let them play on the actual world they are a moderator on there is more then enough servers & worlds here for that to be possible( Also because there is a huge conflict of interest right there anyway), Although they should still be able to play on worlds they do not moderate or have any say whatsoever as is done on other of there & pretty much every other game out.
Now unless there already doing that here which it does not seem then i do not see why they seem to be shying away from TW2 like there planning on phasing it out...? is there s TW3 in the works getting most of the attention right now? is it because it is not the big money maker that Forge of Empires or Elvanar & likewise games are? or is it a completely different problem?
as such problem can only be properly addressed & have a viable solution presented to address fixing said problem once you know what the actual problem is.
well there's my 2 cents on the matter just had to get it typed & sent b4 logging back off & cheers to the mods for doing what they do to help out with the game & its constant evolving development. P.S. Kengi9 need a reply to our conversation & my other pending forum post TYVM & have a great day everyone

DeletedUser3204

this drama is so good keep it coming :p

Players ''abuse'' the ''messengers'' because they are desperate for a change. they have spent money in a game that is changing 180 decrease. ofc they get mad. A successful game and company always have a close communication with the customer. which this game and company don't have. because it's a small project with a small playerbase with little resources to work with.

friend of mine was abused in game.
his playername is comfort he was actually abused ingame. just a few days ago in .se he is ranked 5th in the new world. top 1 in resources plundering the best swedish player.
when i say abused i mean:
Snuskizz idag vid 12:3704
du kanske borde skaffa ett liv istället för att spela datorspel din lilla negerjävel. dra tillbaks där du kom från jävla cp-neger. folk som du borde bara spränga sig själva. det har man hört att ni brukar göra. skaffa ett liv negerunge. MVH Sveriges Befolkning.
http://prntscr.com/9tg5b5
http://prntscr.com/9tg73v

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and this is happening everywhere, with no paid moderators? where i come from it's a crime.

did i forget to mention the player was found living in stockholm and it's a pending investigation.
have a nice day

DeletedUser2369

Am I seriously reading "Oh the mods arent paid, therefore they dont count as a legitimate line of communication to innogames!"
I am sorry if i misread something, but if that is what is being said, it lacks intelligence.
The mods do a great job being the line of communication between innogames and us, the players.
I dont understand the statement that inno should add a paid position to the mod team to facilitate that communication, not that the current mods shouldnt be rewarded more, its just that the current mods already do the work that this paid position is suggested to perform.

@kronic it is your post that I must have misread to get the above impression, maybe you could clarify?
@pryda.tw2 Your statement that inno doesnt have a close communication with the customer also implys that the mods arent doing a good job of that. Maybe I misunderstood?

The mods are working for innogames on the tribalwars2 project, even if they dont get paid. So communication from mods is communication from the innogames appointed "employee" to look after communication from innogames devs and planners (who dont have time to monitor the forums and tickets, unless we want the fixes to take 10x longer) to the player.

DeletedUser

@GRhin in i do not see what your confused about i simply posed a few simple questions of why there is not an actual innogames employee employed on the forums even if only part time ( even a couple hours a week ) as that is where innogames seems to take most of not all of there feed back from besides player tickets.
& if the company making the money/ benefiting from the games profit values their moderators so highly why Not pay them?

There was no "Drama" & certainly no type of "Abuse" enclosed in my statement moreover Questions at all

DeletedUser2369

I never accused Drama, or Abuse, so I assumed that wasnt directed at me.
My confusion is that the "actual innogames employee employed on the forums" would be doing the exact job of current mods. I am not saying that these mods shouldnt be paid (i think they should) Im sayin that what your asking for already exists, only they arent being paid to do it.
In other words, innogames employing someont to to be on the forums would make no difference to players (as far as i can tell), the only overall difference is one of the volunteer mods either stops, or gets less work, while another person gets paid to do the exact work the volunteer was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.