• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

What is the purpose of the church above level 1?

DeletedUser

I understand the church needs to be built for your troops to fight at full morale in any particular province, but why upgrade it to level 2 or 3?

DeletedUser

The attacker can use catapults to destroy churches. When you upgrade it, it is harder to do so.

DeletedUser

Only for this thing i sould spend 7000+ provisions ? It's not better to make 2k lance, 2k sword and 2 k bow, and il even have 1k provisions left. Can a moderator tell us what is the purpose ?

DeletedUser

Grigman - I'd rather ask you what effect it has had for you. I have played a number of church worlds in TW1 and it works differently there - your troops attack elsewhere with full morale if they attack FROM a village covered by a church. That is different to here, where everywhere is split into provinces and attacking outside your province without an upgraded paladin puts you at a disadvantage.

If you have built a church, then you must have a second village. Did you build it in the same province ? (In which case it will have no benefit, unless someone destroys the original chapel or takes that village.)

So - presuming that you have your second village in another province, can you attack all the villages in that province at 100% morale or just some of them ? Or maybe in the province next door ?

I ask that because the difference in TW1 was that higher level churches affected villages in a larger radius. ('Chapels' were called 'first churches'.)

DeletedUser16

grigman;n3195 said:
Only for this thing i sould spend 7000+ provisions ? It's not better to make 2k lance, 2k sword and 2 k bow, and il even have 1k provisions left. Can a moderator tell us what is the purpose ?

It is exactly what Goues said. It is harder to destroy it.

And yes you could build many troops instead of that, it is a matter of each players tactics or preference. Imagine that you control one entire province and you have only one church there at level one and all other villages are full of troops, why risk all your troops fight with 50% if someone demolishes your church when you can make sure your church is strong and you can support the village with church when necessary.

Anyway that is how I see it. Everyone should discover their own tactics and see which one is the best. ;)

DeletedUser486

I might build two churches, rather than one strong one...still have yet to see how it all works though, and how well I can cluster defence etc depending on the tactics I employ.

DeletedUser145

The wiki says the church requires 5,000 provisions. I'm assuming it doesn't mean you would lose 5,000 provision to build it. I'm assuming it means your city has to reach 5,000 provision level. Can someone confirm?

DeletedUser486

Everything you build requires farm space. Building a church inhibits your ability to use that space for troops which is why church villages make for poor offensive villages.

DeletedUser

TheWizEd;n3317 said:
The wiki says the church requires 5,000 provisions. I'm assuming it doesn't mean you would lose 5,000 provision to build it. I'm assuming it means your city has to reach 5,000 provision level. Can someone confirm?
You need 5,000 available provisions to build it, meaning the actual cost is 5,000 straight up!

DeletedUser145

Then what your saying is I need a farm level 20 just to build a church and no army?

DeletedUser

Yes, that's it. BUT remember you only need 1 church per province (you can build more if you want to but bare in mind the cost) not 1 church per villa! You wont need to build one in your original province, your 1st villa has a chapel. However if you don't want to be nobled when you move province you will need a church OTHERWISE all troops will fight at half strength. This includes any support sent to you by tribe mates EVEN if their villa is churched. It's very similar tactics to TW1. You can overlap churches or level them up to increase their strength if you so wish.

Unless you are really silly you would never build offensive troops in a church (this does not include your 1st villa where the chapel doesn't impact on farm space), you want defensive troops there and you want your church to be kept safe. It is to be protected at all costs. If you are lucky enough to find a player who hasn't built a church when moving province you will laugh your head of as your army steam rollers their's.....

DeletedUser145

Without a church in a province the units fight at 50% attack and defense?

DeletedUser

TheWizEd;n3382 said:
Without a church in a province the units fight at 50% attack and defense?
Yes, let's say you noble a village in your neighboring province, assuming that you are at a similar size as your target you can attack with 100% into the province using your paladin with statue lvl 5. Once the village is conquered all you units in that village, be it support sent from your main village or defending units recruited in your new village, will fight at 50% faith until you have constructed your church so obviously this should be your main priority as well as getting your wall up. This is a good feature, invading a province shouldn't be too easy, it's up to you if you want to add more churches as backup in your new province but my feeling is that it won't be necessary until later in the game and at that point you can afford it.

DeletedUser

When you noble a player in new province (who has a chapel) can one assume that the Chapel is than lost and one needs to build 1st Church?

DeletedUser

yes if you take some ones 1st villa the chapel is lost so if you noble out of province you will need to build a church for your troops to fight at full strength.

DeletedUser

When you conquer a village, both curch and chapel disappear automatically if any of them is built by the previous owner.

DeletedUser172

Okay....So say I know the person very 1st castle.....If I hit that chapel and demolish it.....will all his troops in both provinces fight at 50% afterwards?

DeletedUser

Lord Greg;n3199 said:
Grigman -

If you have built a church, then you must have a second village. Did you build it in the same province ? (In which case it will have no benefit, unless someone destroys the original chapel or takes that village.)

Based on this, to benefit from the church, my next village must be outside my neigbourhood?

DeletedUser108

SirFartAlot;n3648 said:
Based on this, to benefit from the church, my next village must be outside my neigbourhood?

That is correct. Having two or more churches/chapels in the same province does not provide any extra bonus.