• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Tactical Reporting.

DeletedUser1594

"If you're not cheating, you aren't rrying." - said by many

DeletedUser3730

I realy wondering why there is 1 account thats been internally nobled by T-P today. After they used it to get a churchvilla in a province and attack a player yesterday.

well I have just looked through and can't find anything that has been been internally nobled today, we have lost too many but that is to own (well done by the way)... so I guess this is more deceit from you like usual.

DeletedUser2847

I agree with you on that. But i dont belive mods ban players unless they have some real evidence about it. They dont ban just because someone is telling them that a player cheats. They log into the players account, checking ip adressses checking coop accounts etc to see if there is actions that are defined as a violation of the rules. I have experienced players that activly try to provocate other players to break the rules when it comes to rude language this is also against the rules and are being punished.

DeletedUser3016

honest;y your all just focusing on t-p and yet it the mods were to look through all the major tribes on the world they would likely find that there's atleast 2-3 in each tribe breaking the rules.
All of the major tribes have been looked at. We formulated a watch list of users since then, and there are accounts that we are monitoring for their behaviours. It just so happens that the case that has spurred this on, is one of them.

One thing I notice from the community here, is that clearly as nobody has knowledge of what is happening behind the scenes, everybody feels hard done by when something does happen.

DeletedUser1914

All of the major tribes have been looked at. We formulated a watch list of users since then, and there are accounts that we are monitoring for their behaviours. It just so happens that the case that has spurred this on, is one of them.

One thing I notice from the community here, is that clearly as nobody has knowledge of what is happening behind the scenes, everybody feels hard done by when something does happen.
Odd....i cant remember the amount of times some of our members in leeds got bans cause of erm offensive? messages we accepted it and just kept going i mean im fairly sure co-op could still access the account so it didnt affect us much if any....rather than thinking tactical think that your in a war.Play smart use your advantages etc etc.

DeletedUser3817

Andy what you do not understand is that while this ''behind the scene'' is going on it harms OTHER players in other tribes. What you fail to understand is that when someone get banned like doctorevil he fail his tribe mates which is bad BUT what about those other 59 players????
i'm not saying that you should consider not banning doctorevil like carrot will accuse me of writing this... I'm saying that you should not allow players that have been banned once to have a tribe because if T-P just fall because of a bad leadership at top of the three then who ever fought them is gonna have a major opportunity to get tons of villages and end the world swiftly which would be totally unfair for the rest of the realm getting an SUPER tribe.

no offence too you Doc but you have breached the rules so many times and the moderators have yet to disband your tribe altogether? that is kinda fail from the moderator side. If this was a more serious game with a different leadership(moderator) your tribe would have been disbanded a long time ago.

for me it's: a) you are unclear of the rules? ok warning(if it's nothing serious, that didn't harm anyone else) or b) bann. c) bann again? bye bye for the rest of your life. we do not want your kind.
this is how it's done other games. it's called ''being afraid of getting an infected game''

also there is no such thing in ''behind the scene'' in the duty of a moderator scene. 1 simple thing.
Justice, and make sure nobody gain an advantage of it. THAT is your duty. your only duty.
There should be no need to talk about these things. but because you guys give a clear advantage and leave so many other players to quit because they got stuck with a cheating player... kinda unfair scenario for everyone. Yes you decide which tribe you join, but sadly in this game if you join a side and then suddently leave and join another your called a ''refugee'' and you get most likely kicked if the tribe got any sense of honour.
tbh carrot scenario which i have been told about being a refugee player it doesn't happen often.

DeletedUser1201

Andy what you do not understand is that while this ''behind the scene'' is going on it harms OTHER players in other tribes. What you fail to understand is that when someone get banned like doctorevil he fail his tribe mates which is bad BUT what about those other 59 players???? i'm not saying that you should consider not banning doctorevil like carrot will accuse me of writing this... I'm saying that you should not allow players that have been banned once to have a tribe because if T-P just fall because of a bad leadership at top of the three then who ever fought them is gonna have a major opportunity to get tons of villages and end the world swiftly which would be totally unfair for the rest of the realm getting an SUPER tribe.
A player that receives a ban is fair game to anyone playing on the world. The only ones that can see that a player has received a ban are those within the same tribe that have Leadership rights. There is no point in punishing a whole tribe for just one or more sour apples. It is up to the players themselves to make the decision to either remain in or leave the tribe. We can not force them to do either.

for me it's: a) you are unclear of the rules? ok warning(if it's nothing serious, that didn't harm anyone else) or b) bann. c) bann again? bye bye for the rest of your life. we do not want your kind.
this is how it's done other games. it's called ''being afraid of getting an infected game''
Honestly, that is how it should be being done here.. but some of us are a little more, shall we say lenient than we should be.

also there is no such thing in ''behind the scene'' in the duty of a moderator scene. 1 simple thing.
Actually, there is a lot more too it than you think. We can not just go ahead and ban someone right off the bat. We are trained in a process and have to follow such. Most would think its an easy thing when they place reports against others, until they become a Moderator and see everything that take place behind the scenes.

DeletedUser3016

Your statements there contradict each other. First you say that I should consider the other people of their tribe, however what about considering the X amount of people in the other tribe who have done nothing wrong?

I feel the problem here may be that I am being too lenient and also backing down too easily. Not so sure that this will be happening much as of now. I have been too naive to think that people can actually change, and are smart enough to know that if eyes are on them then they will keep their head down.

We have guidelines that should be followed when dealing with cases, and some I have got someone to admit that they have done wrong, repent for it, and confirm the reading of the rules so that we can move on, however I feel now that I should be sticking to the guidelines a little more, and feel less for the feelings of the offender and their tribe.

As SataricEarth has stated. There are strict training procedures that moderators go through before being handed the tools that they currently have. We train heavily and have a feedback process so that things don't happen unless necessary, or warranted. Generally speaking we will do periodic 'sweeps' of worlds, in which case several people from several tribes may seem to be having punishments enacted upon them, others we react to tickets that come in on the matter. In each case, we try to remain as impartial as we can.

DeletedUser3730

I feel the problem here may be that I am being too lenient and also backing down too easily. Not so sure that this will be happening much as of now. I have been too naive to think that people can actually change, and are smart enough to know that if eyes are on them then they will keep their head down.

Without being disrespectful, the problem isn't your leniency but your reputation as an OWN man. I am not saying this is a deserved reputation, but you do have it. This means whenever you make a judgement that seemingly benefits OWN whether intentional or not, people will point to that reputation and draw their own conclusions on your decision.
This not an attack of your honour, impartiality or skill as a moderator, it is about human nature and the effects of reputations.

DeletedUser3016

Without being disrespectful, the problem isn't your leniency but your reputation as an OWN man. I am not saying this is a deserved reputation, but you do have it. This means whenever you make a judgement that seemingly benefits OWN whether intentional or not, people will point to that reputation and draw their own conclusions on your decision.
This not an attack of your honour, impartiality or skill as a moderator, it is about human nature and the effects of reputations.
A reputation as you state that is not necessarily warranted. All bans on here have been checked by other moderators who have no connections with other tribes, which is the way we seem to be operating now. Something that will remain in place to make sure that the utmost of professionalism will go in to all cases, as it always did anyway.

Ultimately, I have to be able to back up my bans with evidence to my boss. Evidence which is collected sometimes over a period of time. Most cases are cut and stick, we can see where the fault lies, however in some cases, we need to do things a little more slowly to ensure we have all needed.

DeletedUser3016

Seems to me that this discussion can go on forever.
There is never going to be a perfect solution. That is why we set it as moderators discretion. Ultimately if people don't want the punishment, don't cheat, but yes, we have taken, or threatened action before on people who seem to actively be tactically reporting.

DeletedUser2193

As a player that has nothing to do with this world at all, I can throw in my thoughts, might be a bit more objective.

First of all, any (decent) tribe leaders are aware of who has whose co-op / is multi accounting and they can judge if they are pushing or not and If they should do something about it. You're saying punishing the cheaters is punishing the whole tribe, but in most cases they have been aware of that themselves just decided to not do anything about it as its benefiting them, in most cases they would have enough time to deal with that before mods are involved.

About the tactical reporting, its kind of 50-50. Cheaters do deserve anything that comes to them. Yes players that don't have anything to do with cheating suffer from that, but at the same time they do unknowingly benefit form the cheater while they are unpunished. And I have yet to see so schizophrenic player to have a different persona for each co-op they have. I doubt neighbours that suffer are completely clueless about their doings too, they just look the other way.

A lot of the "tactical reportings" just come to the light when there are fights going on and the breaking of rules gets more clear under the pressure. Thats why I think its biased. No one is going to report someone who is playing sim city on the rim with 2 accounts no-one knows them and thus no-one has any evidence to report on. But once you get to front line and start messing with other people they do notice the cheating and reports start flying in, but then is seen as "tactical reporting".

And this is coming from a player that hasn't exactly been a saint (as a player gave me his pw as he intended to quit back in the no-co-op era) and mods did a good job handling that. People noticed that and reported only when the fights started. Thus could be seen as tactical reporting. mods cant monitor every player all the time and have to rely on player tickets, and they come in when they come in.

Though I can see how people can abuse their knowledge of the cheaters to their advantage, and as rules say its not allowed. I do not defend anyone who is doing that on purpose.

DeletedUser3730

As a player that has nothing to do with this world at all, I can throw in my thoughts, might be a bit more objective.

First of all, any (decent) tribe leaders are aware of who has whose co-op / is multi accounting and they can judge if they are pushing or not and If they should do something about it. You're saying punishing the cheaters is punishing the whole tribe, but in most cases they have been aware of that themselves just decided to not do anything about it as its benefiting them, in most cases they would have enough time to deal with that before mods are involved.

About the tactical reporting, its kind of 50-50. Cheaters do deserve anything that comes to them. Yes players that don't have anything to do with cheating suffer from that, but at the same time they do unknowingly benefit form the cheater while they are unpunished. And I have yet to see so schizophrenic player to have a different persona for each co-op they have. I doubt neighbours that suffer are completely clueless about their doings too, they just look the other way.

A lot of the "tactical reportings" just come to the light when there are fights going on and the breaking of rules gets more clear under the pressure. Thats why I think its biased. No one is going to report someone who is playing sim city on the rim with 2 accounts no-one knows them and thus no-one has any evidence to report on. But once you get to front line and start messing with other people they do notice the cheating and reports start flying in, but then is seen as "tactical reporting".

And this is coming from a player that hasn't exactly been a saint (as a player gave me his pw as he intended to quit back in the no-co-op era) and mods did a good job handling that. People noticed that and reported only when the fights started. Thus could be seen as tactical reporting. mods cant monitor every player all the time and have to rely on player tickets, and they come in when they come in.

Though I can see how people can abuse their knowledge of the cheaters to their advantage, and as rules say its not allowed. I do not defend anyone who is doing that on purpose.

You make many good points and I agree with pretty much all you say. The type of tactical reporting I originally posted about are the tickets that are filed withing a few hours of war breaking out. These obviously are too quick for patterns etc to be noticed so therefore have not "just come to light"

DeletedUser2847

Problem is that coop abuse mostly starts when the war breaking out. Its not so easy to notice if an account is abused before players actually are being attacked.

DeletedUser3730

that may be true, but to be able to spot that within the first hour or so means you know what is happening pretty much before the first attacks have landed which is not very likely.

DeletedUser3817

my only concern with the whole matter is.

Say I and my friends join a tribe in the future, and the tribe got tons of cheaters and a cheating leader and we do not know about that, and we enter a war with them being banned..... how fair would it be to us? suddently we leave and are in a outnumbered outgunned war?
life is not fair and nothing is perfect but should a leader that have been banned or a diplomat or someone with power in a tribe that got banned once should they not be allowed to be in a tribe for a certain amount of time???
Like put away their option to join a tribe if they have been banned. Because i would hate losing a realm or losing a village because i picked a tribe that everyone hate due to cheaters and i didn't know about it.

this happend for mushroom, everyone tell him he is a cheater for picking T-P 100% biased people. Had he joined X-men nobody would call him anything.

DeletedUser2847

that may be true, but to be able to spot that within the first hour or so means you know what is happening pretty much before the first attacks have landed which is not very likely.
Yes i knew pretty much whats going to happend before many of the attacks was launched. You see i have been in tribe with some of the T-P members before. So i was aware of whats going to happend. And i also knew what to look at. But i cant report a violation of rules before it is done.

DeletedUser1581

If I'm not mistaken carrot I thought you were a known/infamous tactical reports? So you are just as much a cheat as the people you've been accusing/calling cheats. I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of SEN players got ban when OWN declared and now a lot of T-P player have been ban at the start of a war and I have also seen OWN leadership trying to ban tribes on other realms as well before this one so I am starting to see a pattern picking up. (3 times is a big coincidence in my books)
I knew doc evil well, played with and against him on about 3-5 worlds before and never known him to be a cheat on other realms which kinda makes me believe he was just naive to the rules and breaching them ect. I have no sympathy for him, even as my friend but I do have sympathy for T-P members.