• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Ridding the World of STD(s)

DeletedUser

It's about time top tribes start a war. This world was pretty damn boring, so much hype, so many "experienced" world winners. You would expect them to fight more aggressively, not to form 3 large tribes and be allies while playing sim city. And even this, just 2 massive recruiting tribes merge to better their odds of not having to fight at all and winning the world with diplomacy? Is this tribal wars or tribal diplomacy? This world is going in direction of ending without a proper fight. So far its been so boring I wanted to quit, I'm far from active actually. I can only imagine how core players feel without any target for so long, I can only imagine they are not used to fighting otherwise they would probably quit already.

EN15 so far 1/10 - Diplomacy wars: Build & Recruit

DeletedUser

To add, I'm surprised all 3 top tribes havent joined together and went all out on other 1% of the server showing their great world winner experience and skill.

meh its a major part of the game not saying its the most fun or flashy way to win...but meh : /

and u get fun PnP threads though!!!

DeletedUser1594

It's about time top tribes start a war. This world was pretty damn boring, so much hype, so many "experienced" world winners. You would expect them to fight more aggressively, not to form 3 large tribes and be allies while playing sim city. And even this, just 2 massive recruiting tribes merge to better their odds of not having to fight at all and winning the world with diplomacy? Is this tribal wars or tribal diplomacy? This world is going in direction of ending without a proper fight. So far its been so boring I wanted to quit, I'm far from active actually. I can only imagine how core players feel without any target for so long, I can only imagine they are not used to fighting otherwise they would probably quit already.

EN15 so far 1/10 - Diplomacy wars: Build & Recruit
im pretty sure all three of those tribes won the world through mass mergers to put them over the top, so it's not surprising

DeletedUser2369

Lol, if my world werent so close to ending, and if many of my tribe werent already in one of the top tribes, id consider bringing in some of our "experienced world winner" players just to see what we can do to stop you without politics. Unfortunately itll be hard to convince my guys to go against PeaceFrog, the original founder of my tribe.

i welcome the challenge ;) hell i might even roll stag on en16, no officer position or anything...just playing the game...o man that will be weird haha lead both on EN3 and here : /

DeletedUser2369

heh, im tired, ill be taking a nice long break from tw after en7 ends. Ill be back eventually. I tried not to get into leadership this time (kept ending up as duke on tw1, never got too far though), then peacefrog and most of his council left, so a bunch of players trying to avoid leadership ended up running the show.

DeletedUser486

meh its a major part of the game not saying its the most fun or flashy way to win...but meh : /

and u get fun PnP threads though!!!
Tribe limit is 200 players, this is the valid number of players that wins a world, and even then it isn't flashy because it took 200 players. If you have an alliance of over 300 players to do it, you aren't winning the world, flashy or otherwise, you are killing it.
It isn't politics, it's laziness. Get over yourselves.

Tribe limit is 200 players, this is the valid number of players that wins a world, and even then it isn't flashy because it took 200 players. If you have an alliance of over 300 players to do it, you aren't winning the world, flashy or otherwise, you are killing it.
It isn't politics, it's laziness. Get over yourselves.

I see what ur saying but dont we all make fun of MRTs? like before this update if we saw a tribe jump to 200 right away we just laughed and said they would fall apart soon enough. Well what if these large tribes are ran by a competent leadership team (not saying we are just hypothetical) well crap now u got a 200 man team with decent leadership, i hope u got a plan for it.

And as i said STD/EMR kinda presented a hand that we couldnt pass up when they pissed off SUR too...The story of this realm is failed diplomacy from cocky leaders. Not the warmongering type of world i prefer to be in...but still...

DeletedUser486

But you don't have a 200 man team do you? That is entirely hypothetical and doesn't explain away what happened to this world, nor does it validate any victory.

But you don't have a 200 man team do you? That is entirely hypothetical and doesn't explain away what happened to this world, nor does it validate any victory.

Well victory is still a bit off...so that in itself doesnt validate anything hehe

And actually we had about a 80-100 man team from en3 come over and SUR had their EN6 and EN9 crew (150ish ppl) come over...like it was stated earlier the world winning tribes came to this world and they already had their premade and then just recruitment after that of good players upped numbers even more...

I have said for a long time that tribes should be a 75ish limit cause 200 supports moves like this and makes u at a huge disadvantage if u dont play to max out ur members (with some recruiting screening of course). 75 wont beat 200 in most cases : /

DeletedUser486

Some recruitment. That is hi-larious.
Surely the idea of a well fought, well experienced world is when the supposedly good players duke it out for the victory. Not try to merge 300 players and call it a job well done. Players with backgrounds in 2 or 3 world wins, you would think there would be some challenge, some wish to see which group bests the other. Bragging rights along the lines of "oh we took down the world winners from whatever world", but no. Y'all allied the top 3 tribes, then came up with some pseudo-political crap to justify the rank 1 and 2 tribes ganging up on the rank 3, and then rather than respectfully end your alliance and fight it out for a truly earned win you merge, and act as if your tribes were well run. They were well run enough to run en15 into the ground. It's cheap.

well then what do u do to prevent this kind of "cheap" play? its happened on more than 1 world so im curious what u think...as i said since the beginning of TW2, 200 is too many members for a tribe that would help.

DeletedUser2193

I have said for a long time that tribes should be a 75ish limit cause 200 supports moves like this and makes u at a huge disadvantage if u dont play to max out ur members (with some recruiting screening of course). 75 wont beat 200 in most cases : /
I kind of agree that there should be a lower player limit to tribes, maybe even tied to the total population of the world somehow.

Though as I think Shekel or someone in some other thread mentioned I think the biggest issue of this world was/is the low overall player count. I haven even played for a whole week and I'm ~1.500th 31.5k inactives turning to barbs............ If there was actually players that played I think there might be more tribes therefore alliances and more diplomacy options.

About the merger - I dont really get it why exactly you needed to merge other than the world was so boring you wanted it to end. You could've just taken a chance with NAP and get rid of the punk while risking 2v1. Was the idea of not guaranteed win so scary? Maybe as a leader I would get satisfaction of leading my tribe to a victory, but as a souldier I'd be dissapointed.

DeletedUser2627

well then what do u do to prevent this kind of "cheap" play? its happened on more than 1 world so im curious what u think...as i said since the beginning of TW2, 200 is too many members for a tribe that would help.

Well let's put it in perspective.

ADD came into the world with ~80ish members. Allied up with STD, SUR and SETO. All four were at war with HON for obvious reasons. However, one of the things you keep touting is that STD merged into HON. When in reality, all STD did was take over the lvl 16 tribe and assimilate ~10members from HON into STD.

Whereas ADD (and SUR to an extent) poached roughly... 20-30 players? From HON. You can deny it all you want on here, but we both know that's what happened. Then you started up and recruiting literally anyone that was ranked decently. Sim city? No problem.

Eventually SUR and ADD merged to form 2 tribes of roughly ~325 members. Why? You keep saying you were sick of STD and it's leader/members. But in all honesty, Jehzir is the type of player who would do almost anything for a win. His ego is so far up himself that he claims he won EN9 as a council member (when in all reality he just talked a lot).

We knew when Jehzir was about to quit this world was when things were going to change. It's too bad he went the route of MRT/Merger than to see how truly 'elite' ADD and its players are.

EN15 was supposed to be the chosen world... 4 world winners to fight it out. Turns out it was by far the most boring and tedious. Especially with so many egos that cannot be backed up (DartEye/Vegeta to name a few).

As to what you said about a suggestion to what you do? Play TW like how all you 'elites' claim to. Small tribes, squads, crisp communication and support channels. Dominate by pure skill. Not pure zerg.

Anyways, enjoy the free win. I'm sure you'll brag about it in a completely different light to everyone else. To the people who truly know what happened... we will just laugh quietly. At least WE had fun. ;)

DeletedUser2369

I kind of agree that there should be a lower player limit to tribes, maybe even tied to the total population of the world somehow.

Though as I think Shekel or someone in some other thread mentioned I think the biggest issue of this world was/is the low overall player count. I haven even played for a whole week and I'm ~1.500th 31.5k inactives turning to barbs............ If there was actually players that played I think there might be more tribes therefore alliances and more diplomacy options.

About the merger - I dont really get it why exactly you needed to merge other than the world was so boring you wanted it to end. You could've just taken a chance with NAP and get rid of the punk while risking 2v1. Was the idea of not guaranteed win so scary? Maybe as a leader I would get satisfaction of leading my tribe to a victory, but as a souldier I'd be dissapointed.
as a leader id be dissapointed with that victory, though more and more of my tribe in en7 are starting to be willing to merge to win, though still very far from a majority. Im not sure id be proud to lead a tribe to be the best at avoiding a fight as seems to have happend here.
Note that en7 has already defeated all comers, the merge-to-win mentality is more due to ending the clean up faster. there are only 2 or 3 challenging enemy players left.

Well let's put it in perspective.

ADD came into the world with ~80ish members. Allied up with STD, SUR and SETO. All four were at war with HON for obvious reasons. However, one of the things you keep touting is that STD merged into HON. When in reality, all STD did was take over the lvl 16 tribe and assimilate ~10members from HON into STD.

Whereas ADD (and SUR to an extent) poached roughly... 20-30 players? From HON. You can deny it all you want on here, but we both know that's what happened. Then you started up and recruiting literally anyone that was ranked decently. Sim city? No problem.

Eventually SUR and ADD merged to form 2 tribes of roughly ~325 members. Why? You keep saying you were sick of STD and it's leader/members. But in all honesty, Jehzir is the type of player who would do almost anything for a win. His ego is so far up himself that he claims he won EN9 as a council member (when in all reality he just talked a lot).

We knew when Jehzir was about to quit this world was when things were going to change. It's too bad he went the route of MRT/Merger than to see how truly 'elite' ADD and its players are.

EN15 was supposed to be the chosen world... 4 world winners to fight it out. Turns out it was by far the most boring and tedious. Especially with so many egos that cannot be backed up (DartEye/Vegeta to name a few).

As to what you said about a suggestion to what you do? Play TW like how all you 'elites' claim to. Small tribes, squads, crisp communication and support channels. Dominate by pure skill. Not pure zerg.

Anyways, enjoy the free win. I'm sure you'll brag about it in a completely different light to everyone else. To the people who truly know what happened... we will just laugh quietly. At least WE had fun. ;)

I agree all leaders have quirks but being disrespectful when ur in no position to be...yea...no...

pretty sure we only recruited sub 10 HON members to keep them from STDs hands (cause i seem to remember the list of HON members to be recruited) notice we recruited ones off that list.

Meh chosen world yea it woulda been good to have a more explosive fight from "world winners" but as i said every tribe that was top 5 that has fallen has been because they messed up diplomatically one way or the other. This is why u pick leaders who see the big picture and are always scheming for the win.

I dont claim to be an "elite" player ive just played awhile and if u think diplo cant win/lose worlds ur obviously new to the game. TW2 settings support this kind of play for easy wins.

"But Dart wheres the honor in the easy win zerg method?!?!?!" Honor? TW2? lol...i will say a general respect is more accurate. When its a 3 way u cnat make any rash moves without being sure that u can make them. We had 3 plans of attack on how we were gonna win the world and this one was one of them. Hell if im the biggest tribe usually i can sit and grow cause im prolly out growing the world. its on them to stop me otherwise its just gonna get harder to do. So being that we were sitting #1 for awhile we didnt need to make any big moves. I guess the big move was just because there was an opportunity to GG the world because of once again "failed diplomacy"

In TW1 worlds were won majorly on diplomacy as well, this is nothing new...it just took longer in TW1 due to smaller tribe sizes.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2627

I agree all leaders have quirks but being disrespectful when ur in no position to be...yea...no...

pretty sure we only recruited sub 10 HON members to keep them from STDs hands (cause i seem to remember the list of HON members to be recruited) notice we recruited ones off that list.

Meh chosen world yea it woulda been good to have a more explosive fight from "world winners" but as i said every tribe that was top 5 that has fallen has been because they messed up diplomatically one way or the other. This is why u pick leaders who see the big picture and are always scheming for the win.

I dont claim to be an "elite" player ive just played awhile and if u think diplo cant win/lose worlds ur obviously new to the game. TW2 settings support this kind of play for easy wins.

"But Dart wheres the honor in the easy win zerg method?!?!?!" Honor? TW2? lol...i will say a general respect is more accurate. When its a 3 way u cnat make any rash moves without being sure that u can make them. We had 3 plans of attack on how we were gonna win the world and this one was one of them. Hell if im the biggest tribe usually i can sit and grow cause im prolly out growing the world. its on them to stop me otherwise its just gonna get harder to do. So being that we were sitting #1 for awhile we didnt need to make any big moves. I guess the big move was just because there was an opportunity to GG the world because of once again "failed diplomacy"

In TW1 worlds were won majorly on diplomacy as well, this is nothing new...it just took longer in TW1 due to smaller tribe sizes.

No you definitely recruited far more than 10. But that's ok it probably wasn't you personally doing the recruiting. Messed up diplomatically? Even if Sephyrx had been the nicest leader to all three, the same result would of happened. Why? You're both too desperate to win 'another' world. Let's be honest there absolutely NO way the outcome would of changed irregardless of how the diplomacy between STD and SUR/ADD was.

I never really talked about honor in winning. I couldn't care less either. It's more about having fun... As Remke said previously. This is Tribal WARS not Tribal DIPLOMACY. I'm pretty sure aside from the few 'leaders' and 'council' members you have near the frontline - the majority of your members are not happy with this world. Hell, just look at the map LOL. Sea of blue except frontlines.

So instead of trying to make the world fun and what it should of been a duke out between three tribes. You simply just merged/MRT into a 'super' tribe to GG the world out because... what? Another win? How fun! Then again I'm sure we have different perspectives on what's fun in tribal diplomacy 2.

So once again, please don't say 'failed diplomacy'. It's more like Jehzir came crawling to you asking for a merge because he had to leave and he just wants another win under the belt - and you agreed because... who knows. :)

DeletedUser2193

as a leader id be dissapointed with that victory

I think Its a tricky situation, as I've never been any tribes leader I can just imagine the scenarios, but I think I'd feel somewhat responsible for my "people". Not everyone plays at the competitive level and shares their thoughts out loud. There probably would be people just aiming for the win.

On the other hand I had a plan to make some sort or military dictatorship in EN16 that would ensure balance in the game even if it mean losing :D but I guess it will be on hold for now.

there was an opportunity to GG
Theoretically an opportunity to GG would be if you disbanded too... But then it wouldn't be a GG because the game was not fun and the only thing good about it in this case was/will be winning. I have no problems saying EN3 was heck of a fun and it was a good game even though we lost. I had my fun planning an attack killing 100k HC in a span of few days. I had fun diving 3 provinces into enemy territory and then getting my butt served back to me on a plate a week later. Sure after seeing your diplomatic tactics and predictions work you can pat yourself on the back, but I think thats robbing people of fun.

DeletedUser3163

19th January edition of the war map.
76b78922c9935cd9eb4b29da4ec275f8