• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Paladin item effect

DeletedUser2635

Now there is a few more things I am curious about:
Let me answer the question that seems to boggle the minds :)

Paladins always fight with the largest portion of the senders army, whether is attack or defense, this does not affect which group in the slightest.

Now for large groups Cuddles is correct, multiple paladins only affect the largest portion of the army, its not a overall affect for the entire village, just segments. It would be hard to prove what I am saying, but this has been confirmed in my talks with the devs and several other Community Managers from different servers.
Starting from: "
this does not affect which group in the slightest", I cannot bring myself to understand this unless it just means that paladin can fight with all unit groups?
"Paladins always fight with the largest portion of the senders army", largest? I know it is by Provisions, but please state those details when describing how a important game feature works.
"multiple paladins only affect the largest portion of the army" What does this mean? If I have 13K spears and 12K swords in my village and 2 paladins with lvl 3 Halberd and lvl 3 Longsword, only the 13k spears will be affected by the lvl 3 Halberd while the lvl 3 Longsword's effects will be wasted? (if my assumption is true, I am pretty sure the thread that I have linked in my post above proves this wrong as this is not how it works for the offensive armies, so it shouldn't wort like that for defensive armies either)

Allow me to clarify then.

This is correct in a way. Since the paladin will fight with the strongest part of the army, in a normal fight yes it is applied to all, but we were talking about large groups where support is attacked by large amounts of troops, meaning that the paladin will die before its effects are extended to the entire army, so essentially unless you have an impenetrable defense, no it only applies to maybe two units at a time.

"
Since the paladin will fight with the strongest part of the army" Proven wrong above. Once again, it might be true that he is fighting with the strongest group, but in this context we were talking about paladin weapon effects and I will once again say that it was proven in the linked thread above that this is not how it works.
"in a normal fight yes it is applied to all" Now there is something buggy about this (and this is the whole reason I think you did not express yourself in the clearest of ways), since you have stated the complete opposite in the first of these two posts, so I wasn't sure how to react to it.
"but we were talking about large groups where support is attacked by large amounts of troops" I fail to make sense of this: The largest amount of troops a village can be attacked by at a single time is a full nuke which is not really a large amount of troops (at least not compared to the army that can be supported to a single village), so even with my best of efforts I am not able to take anything out of this.
"meaning that the paladin will die before its effects are extended to the entire army" Again I will lead to the thread that was linked in the post above where the paladin weapon effect was applied even when the paladin died. Of course this does not work if you are attacked by a continuous barrage of nukes where your paladin dies lets say while defending the 5th nuke, so yeah his weapon effects wont be activated during the defense against the 6th nuke, but this was not mentioned anywhere.
"no it only applies to maybe two units at a time." Ugn 2 units? That basically means like 2 spears. I think I will not believe that.

Again I am sorry if I went over the top here, and again it is not in my interest to bring down anyone, nor to bring myself up, I am not trying to teal anyone's job either, I honestly thing the Moderators are doing the best they can. Which doesn't mean we (the community) shouldn't try to help them any way we can. @Canibal12 I am very sorry again man, I hope you take this the right way. :)

DeletedUser2185

@Canibal12 please read this thread.

It might be true that the paladin is FIGHTING with the strongest group, but we were talking about which unit group the paladin weapon affects, so saying in which group he is fighting is out of context. Note: Even if it is true that the paladin fights with the strongest part of the army, it is not true that the paladin weapon affect wont be applied if he dies (you will find proof for this in the linked thread above as well).

Now I won't blame anyone and I am not saying that I am almighty or something (tho, I do pride myself on being knowledgeable) but I cannot help but say that not only players but also Moderators need to be educated in this area as even the Community Managers don't know how this feature works as it seems. (Again, I am not trying to offend anyone and I am again very sorry if I ended up doing so, but my proof sure isn't deniable, unless the game mechanics were changed since August 25th 2015, which I have no knowledge of happening.

Changes will be made eventually (The game isn't finished); the idea going forward now and testing using own server prove that It does affect the highest provision; Lv3 paladin weapons will affect Spears but wont get level 2 bonus. Also; once the paladin dies the effect goes way; this will be fixed soon if not already ( I will test).

DeletedUser2635

Changes will be made eventually (The game isn't finished); the idea going forward now and testing using own server prove that It does affect the highest provision; Lv3 paladin weapons will affect Spears but wont get level 2 bonus. Also; once the paladin dies the effect goes way; this will be fixed soon if not already ( I will test).
Did you test this?

DeletedUser1594

@Canibal12 please read this thread.

It might be true that the paladin is FIGHTING with the strongest group, but we were talking about which unit group the paladin weapon affects, so saying in which group he is fighting is out of context. Note: Even if it is true that the paladin fights with the strongest part of the army, it is not true that the paladin weapon affect wont be applied if he dies (you will find proof for this in the linked thread above as well).
Watch the battle video, battle 4 paladin uses nimrod composite but dies in the infantry battle, the bonus is not added to the archery battle

DeletedUser2635

Watch the battle video, battle 4 paladin uses nimrod composite but dies in the infantry battle, the bonus is not added to the archery battle
That video was made more than a year ago, so it is not valid anymore. Also me and Yato both agreed at that time about that.

DeletedUser2193

I have sad news for you, The battle simulations/calculations I made proved that not all of the video is accurate. Might be something has changed since then which we weren't told of. ( I think it was battle #2 100 ax + 100 lc vs 100/100/100.. The surviving axes don't add up to the next group, but they do fight in some special cases)
So might be something else might not be 100% accurate too

DeletedUser1594

I guess its possible they have it wrong, my opinion was based off of inno being accurate and competent

DeletedUser2635

This link that you have posted yourself proves it otherwise.
Anyway, I see no more point talking about this, since even when I explained in detail that the video and as well as what @Canibal12 said was not true, @shekel finder just went on and suggested the same answer as was given before, so I do not see any point (no offense meant to shekel, human nature is just like that, ignorant).
And I feel like even if we go on and solve the riddle, next time the same question rises, even the people who saw this thread will probably give the same answers as they did before. Probably even the moderators.
Anyway, it is not my goal to insult anyone, just stating the facts.

DeletedUser2185

No worries KEI you did not misunderstand at all; but we are missing a piece of the puzzle which I have gathered :)

The development of the game is not by any means finished; and as it stands right now the effect does not die when the paladin dies; but there are rumors that this was created in order to balance the overall early stages of the game; and it intended to be removed in order to provide an accurate depiction of a real fight.

Not many people like to go this much in-depth and the knowledge I have gathered is from testing on servers that most players do not have access to; but believe me when I tell you that the Paladin only fights with the largest group; its aura of effect does affect the entire army; but it means to be removed; unless the Community likes it this way Im sure :p

So there you have it.