• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Paladin item effect

DeletedUser2746

Ok i have this confusion and everyone i ask seems to have a different answer (even the support team)
suppose i send 5k axes 2k LC 100rams and 3k MA with my paladin
Now suppose i equip the morningstar which boosts the power of rams
now in this case what exactly happens ?
1. it boosts the effectiveness of the rams
or
2. it boosts the effectiveness of the axes
or
3.it boosts the effectiveness of the rams while ALSO imparting its attributes (atk/def modifiers) to the axes

This would clear things up for loads od people

DeletedUser2122

I'm not exactly a expert at game mechanics,but guessing from the description i would think it just boosts the power of rams. But since rams fight twice depending on the level of the weapon the higher the wall will be destroyed initially and so the lesser the defensive bonus for the defender.
Here is 4 tests i ran,first one is without any weapon and the ones after are each with level 1,2 and 3 carols morning stars.

TqOAOqc.png

Ecsrztp.png

cC2ADgh.png

59HuEVl.png

DeletedUser2746

I was told by support it boosts the most numerous type in the army here axes :p

now what if i equip the morningstar but there are no rams in my army ?
no effect imparted ?

DeletedUser

no effect imparted ?

I watched a video on youtube that said it boosts the most provisions of an army not the most numeric value.
So in your case you have 5k infantry provs
8k cav provs
15k archer provs
Based on the video it should bost the MA section of your army.

However i have heard elsewhere that it boosts whatever part of the army your weapon supports regardless of size.

DeletedUser

Cuddles could you run 4 more tests
1 with and 1 without the MA weapon
1 with and 1 without the LC weapon

This should prove/disprove whether the highest provisions only get the boost.

DeletedUser1594

there was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago, that showed the weapon will boost what it is supposed to boost regardless of size. if you use the miesko lance it will boost your lc, if you use the ram weapon it will boost the ram weapon

DeletedUser2746

I watched a video on youtube that said it boosts the most provisions of an army not the most numeric value.
So in your case you have 5k infantry provs
8k cav provs
15k archer provs
Based on the video it should bost the MA section of your army.

However i have heard elsewhere that it boosts whatever part of the army your weapon supports regardless of size.

Contradictions, contradictions everywhere ! :p

DeletedUser2122

Sorry for taking some time;
Cuddles could you run 4 more tests
1 with and 1 without the MA weapon
1 with and 1 without the LC weapon

This should prove/disprove whether the highest provisions only get the boost.
With LC LVL1:
JdqNY0F.png

Without any weapon:
pJqd0Ds.png

With MA LVL 1:
louHCTC.png

Without any weapon:
hjYVlvr.png

no effect imparted ?
Here,with ram weapon level 3:
RPgnQEB.png

59HuEVl.png
[

DeletedUser

Thanks Cuddles.
For me this concludes that whichever weapon you equip works properly regardless of which part of the army is bigger.
Also worth noting it seems to lower the losses for that unit type (maybe thats obvious)
So if lets say you are light in iron in your village you would equip the lc weapon , lowering your lc losses.

DeletedUser2746

Cuddles could you plz do a test with and without a lvl 3 morningstar, with there being no rams in both cases

DeletedUser2122

With level 3 morningstar weapon:
D36c52l.png

without any weapon:
ZwyqsDh.png

DeletedUser

Related to Paladins weapons - how do they work in defense?
Does weapon boost the strength or size of an army? or whatever part of the army your weapon supports regardless of size.

Do they work in supporting units from other player?
What if there are 2 or more paladins, and they have different weapons?
Does supporting paladin only effect a supporting player's own troops or all the units in the village, despite the who's troops they have?

DeletedUser2122

Okay so i know forsure that if you have multiple paladins supporting a city with different weapons then each of those units will gain the respective defense boost.
What i'm not sure about is,if the bonus is actually applied to all the troops since the defending army is split into groups to fight the attacking army. SO,it's possible the paladins only boost the troops strength of the group in which they fight with or boost strengths of all defending units. There is no real way to test this :(

DeletedUser2635

Cuddles you basically answered you own questoion without knowing it yourself, in short: I lt doesn't matter with which unit group the Paladin fights, the weapon boost is always applied, and it is applied to all units in the village, not just the ones that belong to the Paladin's owner.
Example:
If you have 2000 spears in a village and 8000 supported spears, and 2 Paladins with lvl 2 and lvl 3 spear weapon, all the 10000 spears will get the bonus from the lvl 3 Paladin weapon(however they wont get the bonus from the lvl 2 Paladin), and the bonus will be applied to all the stats, so it will be like having 13,500 spears (i think the bonus of lvl 3 spear weapon was 35%, sorry if i am wrong).

DeletedUser2185

Let me answer the question that seems to boggle the minds :)

Paladins always fight with the largest portion of the senders army, whether is attack or defense, this does not affect which group in the slightest.

Now for large groups Cuddles is correct, multiple paladins only affect the largest portion of the army, its not a overall affect for the entire village, just segments. It would be hard to prove what I am saying, but this has been confirmed in my talks with the devs and several other Community Managers from different servers.

DeletedUser2369

Let me answer the question that seems to boggle the minds :)

Paladins always fight with the largest portion of the senders army, whether is attack or defense, this does not affect which group in the slightest.

Now for large groups Cuddles is correct, multiple paladins only affect the largest portion of the army, its not a overall affect for the entire village, just segments. It would be hard to prove what I am saying, but this has been confirmed in my talks with the devs and several other Community Managers from different servers.
Hi Cannibal12,
Can I clarify what you are saying?
Assume for sake of example an army attacks where the relative strengths are split in the following manner:
1/2 General
1/4 Archer
1/4 Cavalry
as I understand the dynamics of the game, the defense is therefore split into 3 groups of 1/2, 1/4, 1/4 of the army to fight each section.

The paladin fights with the largest portion, so with the 1/2 defense group.
Are you saying that the paladin weapons only effect the troops in that 1/2 group, and not any troops in either of the 1/4 groups?
This seems a bit off to me.

DeletedUser1594

The pictures above show that the weapon will be attached regardless of whethere the paladin is fighting with that group. The paladin as a unit does not have to fight in the same group as the weapon. From what I got from the video is if the paladin dies in a battle before the group that is using the weapon, then the weapon isnt applied

DeletedUser2185

The pictures above show that the weapon will be attached regardless of whethere the paladin is fighting with that group. The paladin as a unit does not have to fight in the same group as the weapon. From what I got from the video is if the paladin dies in a battle before the group that is using the weapon, then the weapon isnt applied

Allow me to clarify then.

This is correct in a way. Since the paladin will fight with the strongest part of the army, in a normal fight yes it is applied to all, but we were talking about large groups where support is attacked by large amounts of troops, meaning that the paladin will die before its effects are extended to the entire army, so essentially unless you have an impenetrable defense, no it only applies to maybe two units at a time.

DeletedUser2635

@Canibal12 please read this thread.
Allow me to clarify then.

This is correct in a way. Since the paladin will fight with the strongest part of the army, in a normal fight yes it is applied to all, but we were talking about large groups where support is attacked by large amounts of troops, meaning that the paladin will die before its effects are extended to the entire army, so essentially unless you have an impenetrable defense, no it only applies to maybe two units at a time.

It might be true that the paladin is FIGHTING with the strongest group, but we were talking about which unit group the paladin weapon affects, so saying in which group he is fighting is out of context. Note: Even if it is true that the paladin fights with the strongest part of the army, it is not true that the paladin weapon affect wont be applied if he dies (you will find proof for this in the linked thread above as well).

Now I won't blame anyone and I am not saying that I am almighty or something (tho, I do pride myself on being knowledgeable) but I cannot help but say that not only players but also Moderators need to be educated in this area as even the Community Managers don't know how this feature works as it seems. (Again, I am not trying to offend anyone and I am again very sorry if I ended up doing so, but my proof sure isn't deniable, unless the game mechanics were changed since August 25th 2015, which I have no knowledge of happening)

Okay now to go over to the defensive end, I have stated before:
If you have 2000 spears in a village and 8000 supported spears, and 2 Paladins with lvl 2 and lvl 3 spear weapon, all the 10000 spears will get the bonus from the lvl 3 Paladin weapon(however they wont get the bonus from the lvl 2 Paladin), and the bonus will be applied to all the stats, so it will be like having 13,500 spears (i think the bonus of lvl 3 spear weapon was 35%, sorry if i am wrong).
Now I am pretty sure this was tested as well, but sadly I don't have evidence to prove it, but I will work on it. Anyway based on the situation above, I am pretty confident this is how the paladin weapons function when defending as well.

Note: It might also be that I misunderstood what you mean @Canibal12 , if that has indeed happened, I am truly sorry about it, but I had to react as your statement lacked clarification, so I chose to understand it the way it was written and maybe not the way you meant to write it.

Last edited by a staff member: