• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

MASS RECRUITMENT logic

DeletedUser3726

Hey

I'm trying to figure out how mass recruitment works. I'm now having enough villages to make this tool useful but I did not understand yet how the tool works exactly.

I understand the tool choose to recruit a unit until the amount wanted is reach, but how does it choose how many of each units to add to the recruitment list each time I press "recruit" ?

Thanks,
White Flag

DeletedUser3201

Once you have accumulated many villages,

assume you have your villages sorted into different groups, such as offense/defense
so, if you open the overview menu and then click units, first make sure the feature is enabled at the top left.
click one of the groups to recruit into, such as offense.
then use the unit filter at top left, to only show offensive units.
now here is where the bug lies. if you input small numbers into the different unit types which you want recruited, the main 'recruit units' button remains greyed out. but if you input big numbers, such as 1000 into both LC and MA boxes, then the red button becomes available to click, to recruit units into all 'villages included by the currently active villages' (offensive group)

it's same for defense. whenever i want to recruit HC in all defensive villages, i just input 3000 HC otherwise the recruit button remains greyed out or many villages don't recruit.

you can also use the 'recruit units in selected villages' by ticking the boxes on the left of each village.

so this mass recruitment saves a ton of time but it needs some tweaking.
i'd like to see a mass recruitment for spies/scouts :D

DeletedUser3726

Hey,

Seems like I know more than you on this topic :
If you put 3000 hc to recruit, it'll only recruit hc in a village if the village got less than 3000hc. Once it reach 3000hc, it won't recruit hc anymore.

My question is when you got different units to recruit, how does the algorithm choose which unit to recruit ?

DeletedUser3201

Well that's not the case here as I just tried it. Put 100 LC into offensive group and button remains greyed. (have many villages with less than 100) yet add a 0 to that 100 and now 47 villages are recruiting LC. Many of which already have more than 1000 LC.
Also if what you say Is true, that's ridiculous considering there's no mention of it and it's just backwards .
It chooses which unit to recruit by you inputting the number in said unit. Well tried to help but guess you are looking for a more technical answer, which isn't really relative or doesn't make a difference to the game?
The system has been bugged since it's inception and now the provision system is bugged also.

DeletedUser3726

Well that's not the case here as I just tried it. Put 100 LC into offensive group and button remains greyed. (have many villages with less than 100) yet add a 0 to that 100 and now 47 villages are recruiting LC. Many of which already have more than 1000 LC.
Also if what you say Is true, that's ridiculous considering there's no mention of it and it's just backwards .
It chooses which unit to recruit by you inputting the number in said unit. Well tried to help but guess you are looking for a more technical answer, which isn't really relative or doesn't make a difference to the game?
The system has been bugged since it's inception and now the provision system is bugged also.
Well it makes no sense : if you got villages with less than 100 LC it should recruit LC. Do you have the ressources and provision on those villages ?
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out which value should I put in this system to have the output I want. Rams seems to not be recruited until others troups have been for example. And I'm curious.

Provision system have been reported, we just need to wait :|

DeletedUser3201

Sorry I see your point now, you want to know how does the script decide which unit to recruit first if you input 2 or more different unit types. Curious about that also

DeletedUser3726

@Coolnite7 Is there the same problem here than with simulator ?
I mean Innogames not sharing info about this and experiment needed to be done to discover the truth and being able to do some tool ?

I've read you (or other moderators) can do experiment, if it's the way I(we) have to take could you help me(us) ?

DeletedUser3505

It looks like the first time you use mass recruitment on a village it spreads it equally on all selected unit types, any consequent uses and it just fills it from left to right (meaning, it tries to finish the leftmost unit type before moving to next in line).
Doesnt make much sense

DeletedUser3726

It looks like the first time you use mass recruitment on a village it spreads it equally on all selected unit types, any consequent uses and it just fills it from left to right (meaning, it tries to finish the leftmost unit type before moving to next in line).
Doesnt make much sense
Yeah, I've tried stuff and I am thinking the same. The problem is that it "Doesnt make much sense" :(

DeletedUser1323

Yeah, I've tried stuff and I am thinking the same. The problem is that it "Doesnt make much sense" :(
This is one of those bugs that I have worked on since the feature was introduced. This is one of those areas I am going to just acknowledge exists but have no clue on what the developers are going to do about it because of the complexity of the problem.

DeletedUser3726

This is one of those bugs that I have worked on since the feature was introduced. This is one of those areas I am going to just acknowledge exists but have no clue on what the developers are going to do about it because of the complexity of the problem.
Well one of the solutions would be to ask the developer, but I don't expect that much (they could have help the community by giving the combat system) :(
+ it would need coolnite7 to answer ^^

DeletedUser3726

@Coolnite7 Is there the same problem here than with simulator ?
I mean Innogames not sharing info about this and experiment needed to be done to discover the truth and being able to do some tool ?

I've read you (or other moderators) can do experiment, if it's the way I(we) have to take could you help me(us) ?
a week later :|

DeletedUser3726

@Coolnite7
I want info :|

I know how the system works, but I would like to be able to predict the output of the system.
Seems like they were some changes done on the system recently :
  • Now mass recruitment takes in consideration the order
What changement was that ? "Order" means order of units (spears, swordmen, axes... ?) or order's hall ? Or something else ?

If you don't know what I want to know, what should I do ? Try until I understand it like it was done for the battle simulator or until I give up ? As a community manager, is there no way for you to ask developers ?

Answering would be appreciate,
White Flag

DeletedUser3726

@Ghost Girl Can you answer because Coolnite won't it seems like. Yet it's the topic of my post and I've tag him many times :(

DeletedUser2185

@Coolnite7
I want info :|

I know how the system works, but I would like to be able to predict the output of the system.
Seems like they were some changes done on the system recently :
What changement was that ? "Order" means order of units (spears, swordmen, axes... ?) or order's hall ? Or something else ?

If you don't know what I want to know, what should I do ? Try until I understand it like it was done for the battle simulator or until I give up ? As a community manager, is there no way for you to ask developers ?

Answering would be appreciate,
White Flag

With developers you need to understand that sometimes bugs like these are not a priority because its not something that breaks the game entirely, it will be looked at eventually, however, for now it has most likely been put on the back burner; but will be looked at eventually.

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser3726

I will answer since it seems this thread is not really under the watchful eyes.

With developers you need to understand that sometimes bugs like these are not a priority because its not something that breaks the game entirely, it will be looked at eventually, however, for now it has most likely been put on the back burner; but will be looked at eventually.
Ok thanks for the answer. But is it bug or a strange algorithm ? Coolnite should be able to at least say that ! There was even a recent update on mass recruitment but he did not even explain what the update did !

Is the community manager not supposed to be the link between community and developpers ?

DeletedUser2185

He does have to manage several severs, if not that he doesn't want to answer, he may just be busy and have a lot on his plate, CM's have a lot of background things to do that you may not see or know about.

But as for new updates to it, not that I am aware of, most updates comes to Beta first, none have come in quite a while.

DeletedUser3726

You did not confirmed if mass recruitment was a bug or not. If that's the case, you could have tell me from the start "Innogames don't know how it works since it's bugged and it won't be corrected soon"