• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

catapults vs churches

DeletedUser

[h=3]Catapults and Rams[/h] Catapults can destroy your opponent's buildings. If you initiate an attack with catapults, you can select which building shall be targeted in the window from which you launch the attack.
Note that buildings have different hitpoints. Also technologies to increase hitpoints can be researched. Academy, Preceptory and Church have way more hitpoints than other buildings.
The following buildings cannot be demolished below level 1: Headquarters, Farm, Warehouse,Chapel.
The Ram is used for tearing down the enemy Wall. This is done twice during a battle. The first ram attack will be executed before the battle starts and lowers the defense bonus of the defender if successful. The second attack is done after the battle with the surviving rams.

DeletedUser299

Query: what happens if the farm is demolished yet the troops are not killed, say they were out of the city? Do they just die?

DeletedUser486

Unless they chose a different mechanic from tribal wars classic (Doubt it) Your provisions appear as a red number and you can't do any provision based building until the farm can once again support it. It can be implemented in a tactic to lower walls behind enemy lines and the enemy can't rebulii those walls until the farm is back up to level or troops are killed.

DeletedUser

dangerousdan;n11154 said:
Query: what happens if the farm is demolished yet the troops are not killed, say they were out of the city? Do they just die?

What yato said your troops remain alive but you will not be able to recruit/build more, all production will be on hold. Although I think someone complained before that his troops disappeared after the farm was destroyed... could be a bug though.

OK.. So back to the question. How many catapults again?

DeletedUser

A catapult can not demolish a church, can only drop it from level 3, to level 1. Though I do not know the answer of how many.

DeletedUser

Rapth;n11357 said:
A catapult can not demolish a church, can only drop it from level 3, to level 1. Though I do not know the answer of how many.

your source about the church that cant be catapulted to 0? Or you must be talking about Chapels.

DeletedUser

dkid1574;n11363 said:
your source about the church that cant be catapulted to 0? Or you must be talking about Chapels.

Church/Chapel can not be dropped below zero.
[h=3]Purpose Chapel[/h] The Chapel gives all the villages in your starting province a morale bonus. When the villagers have faith, the troops fight at 100% effectiveness instead of 50%. The Chapel is built by default in your first village, and can only be built once.
[h=3]Purpose Church[/h] The Church gives all the villages in the province a morale bonus. When the villagers have faith, the troops fight at 100% effectiveness instead of 50%. It is advisable to only build new Churches in provinces where you don't have a Church or Chapel yet.

DeletedUser486

@Rapth: Church is not a chapel, and can be destroyed. Chapel cannot as it is the protective base for home base morale/faith.

In tribal wars classic the magic number for cats on church level 1 was something like 147 ( don't fully remember) I also doubt it is the same here with the introduction of hitpoints.

DeletedUser430

Village Church Level 3 for those that like to see visually instead:

50 Catapults:
2qs44nl.png

100 Catapults:
j6h5qe.png

150 Catapults:
2jdot5d.png

DeletedUser16

Hey guys,

I tested all levels for you.
Test with no Paladin

To demolish a church from level 1 to level 0 takes 500 catapults.

[spr]
ZY4c06R.png
[/spr]

To demolish a church from level 2 to level 1 takes 500 catapults.

[spr]
zkKthsj.png
[/spr]

To demolish a church from level 2 to level 0 takes 1200 catapults.

[spr]
oVxpAwr.png
[/spr]

To demolish a church from level 3 to level 2 takes ...... to be tested.

To demolish a church from level 3 to level 1 takes ...... to be tested.

Demolishing a church from level 3 to level 0 is virtually impossible as you can't recruit enough other troops to win a fight.

Test with Paladin (level 1 weapon Aletheia's Bonfire (25% more attack power))

To demolish a church from level 1 to level 0 takes 350 catapults.

[spr]
Px6ztmH.png
[/spr]

To demolish a church from level 2 to level 1 takes 350 catapults.

[spr]
kxsZpQo.png
[/spr]

To demolish a church from level 2 to level 0 takes 900 catapults.

[spr]
znsonkJ.png
[/spr]

I upgraded the weapon already so I will not be able to test for level 3.

Test with Paladin (level 2 weapon Aletheia's Bonfire (50% more attack power))

To demolish a church from level 1 to level 0 takes 250 catapults.

[spr]
XygZIBx.png
[/spr]

To demolish a church from level 2 to level 1 takes ...... to be added.

To demolish a church from level 2 to level 0 takes 800 catapults.

[spr]
kndvrOK.png
[/spr]

DeletedUser

Dementor, can you do a test with the paladin having a weapon to increase the strength of catapults to see how many cats would be needed then? Do you think it would be an impactful difference?

DeletedUser1023

Ok so I've tried destroying a level 1 church in a province where I'd stupidity built 2. Attack was with 2901 axes, 952lc, 652 ma, 506 cats and 1 pally with cat weapon level 1. Result - church still stands. The village does have a level 20 wall. Will this make a difference and if so any ideas how many more cats I need? (don't want to have to rebuild the wall)

DeletedUser

You need a lot more catapults if there is a lvl 20 wall. I would go with rams, rebuilding the wall costs less that recruiting another 500 catapults.

DeletedUser

But these tests are totally bogus. If you are going to attack a church village with no troops, why catapult the church? just send nobles and that's the end of it! And if the village is full of troops, cats won't do nothing against the church. SO, catapults are the most useless feature in this game. Try using this simulator against a double stacked village. Cats would do damage to most buildings I think but not the church, even at level1