• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

World map scrolling - Bug or feature?

DeletedUser

I encounter the following situation:

On World Map, whenever I want to scroll (drag the map with mouse) arround, if I try to do a bigger move (like half of the screen), I have to be really carefull not to make fast moves.
If i am not, the screen bounces 1-2-3 world map screens in the direction I was scrolling to.

Makes going around the map really annoing, you must do it slow otherwise you have no controll of it.
I don't like the jumpy thing (my solution was to shrink the tab to 50% viewing size, in order to be able to move around).

Is there any possible way to disable it?

DeletedUser486

The devs implemented the ability to move around the map using the arrow keys for players frustrated with the jumping.

What exactly are you asking to disable? The map?

DeletedUser

how about a non over animated drag of draggable map? cause he's right, its annoying....

edit: i just actually tried to use arrow keys to navigate the world map....up and left no problem, when holding down, it first "unscroll" the timeline, to the right, the screen centers cca where are queues for units and buildings, leaving half screen map the other half pitch black....bug or undocumented feature that should improve my gaming eperience?

DeletedUser

Yatogami;n12929 said:
What exactly are you asking to disable? The map?

I would prefer the drag and move the map without the slingshot effect (bouncy thing).

I tried mapping my continent in order to get a view of the tribe location and oposing factions. It was hellish. Many times I just ended up 2-3 world map screens in a direction, and I had to get back to the starting point (my village) and retrace my steps in order to resume my activity.

edit: actually, the arrow keys work on my side, it's a little slower than with the mouse, but atleast I won't end up stranded in the middle of who knows where. Thanks for the tip.

DeletedUser486

Have you tried the new map tool on Heimdalls stats site or are you deliberately doing it manually?

As I said, you can navigate using the arrow keys, personally I make use of the slingshot effect, though that's not to say I'm not a victim of it too.

DeletedUser

Yatogami;n12941 said:
Have you tried the new map tool on Heimdalls stats site or are you deliberately doing it manually?

I didn't know there was such a tool. Would you be so kind to post a link to that stat? I did a quick google search but I don't know what I am searching for so I don't think I found it.

DeletedUser

Ah, that one, I saw it. I didn't know it was Heimdall related because I found it via googleing "tw2 tool".
I was trying to do something else, that's why I needed to do it manually. I needed to search every province for top players willing to join the tribe. Can't do it with that nice tw2-tools.com site.
But the arrow key sollution and resize tab (combined) work pretty well.
Thanks for the reply.

DeletedUser

The devs did an extremely poor job on this one.
Implementing good panning is not that hard.
There is a simple variable that handles the velocity.. that is simply set WAY to high. Or adding to that they use some stupid and useless acceleration.

DeletedUser

ventrix;n13100 said:
The devs did an extremely poor job on this one.

unfortunately there are quite a few things like this...whole village view makes only little sense except for being a chance for graphic glitches to occur, y axis only drag was too kinda hard to get customed to....building interfaces are probably made "touchscreen friendly" which makes them too large and too crowded with a lot of unnecessary scrolls....there is info button for each building, however information in those windows are kinda useless...its like well, lets make it that one has to click on building and buttons with options would popup but poping only 1-2 buttons look kinda lame lets make useless buttons too...