• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

What's the point of archers? They are pathetic and inefficient comparison to spears and swords

DeletedUser1594

First off only method 2 would be legal, so I dont k iw what you are trying to get Second part is weak, as any nuke that you would be trying to backtime is likely 20+ hours out which is more than enough time to stack it

DeletedUser

First off only method 2 would be legal, so I dont k iw what you are trying to get Second part is weak, as any nuke that you would be trying to backtime is likely 20+ hours out which is more than enough time to stack it

nop other methods expect first 1 is legal.

a friend of mine asked a long time ago and the moderators wasnt clear if it was legal or not.

and people have played that way since day 1 of tw2 and not been banned.

you would never know what village to stack if you got incoming on all your villages with all being RAM speed from different villages and out of a few of those attacks there are hidden real nukes. no player can survive alone you now ^^

again try out tw1. you got 600+ attacks. here i would say maybe 200-300 incoming.

and yes i know about the 50 attack limit per village^^

anyway im off to bed my co just logged in. do keep trying i enjoy it alot.
just so we are clear. i have won 10 worlds in tw1. i had an account with 48 million points. i am pretty sure i know everything about tw1 and tw2 especially with the daily spam in skype with information goes left and right.

good night.

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser486

Is that what brought you to TW2, C0V3RT? That it is easier to overwhelm a player with fakes than TW1?

Are you really the original C0V3RT? (Or at least one of them.)

DeletedUser1594

5. Bots and scripts

You can only play using browsers (supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 11 or higher) or any of the mobile applications provided by InnoGames. It is strictly forbidden to use bots or scripts which (partially) automate player action in-game. Players using such will be punished, up to and including a permanent ban.
Example:

• It is strictly forbidden to use all bots or scripts that automatically collect your resources, using programs that mimic premium features or provide an unfair advantage, and/or to use click-bots or scripts that minimize your manual clicks or otherwise replicate human behavior.

I don't know seems like adding extensions to automate movements would be against the rules.

I can't tell if your reply is indicating whether you are talking about just randomly nuking my offensive villages or backtiming. In any event you haven't laid out a plan that would show me how you are going to backtime my offensive villages successfully

DeletedUser2369

back to the original topic. (not sure how you guys got into backtiming and noble trains and such on a topic discussing a defensive troop)
1. Archers are strong against MA, so they have a use in comparison to spear and sword.
2. MA is used extensively as it builds fast and balances resource with beserkers. I dont recall the last time I was attacked with a nuke that didnt include ma, aside from wallbusters.
3. MA builds far too fast for leaving archers out of a footsoldier defense pratical, to whoever said nobody builds archers, providing they are not using HC, your ma would decimate.
4. for recruitment time (by go to basis to rate any defense build) HC are stronger than any well balanced footsoldier defense, and there is no way to strengthen or balance it with footsoldiers.
Therefore Id agree with you if you had said "Whats the point of footsoldiers for defense, they are pathetic and inefficient in comparison to HC", however as you specifically compared archers to spears and swords, I have to disagree with you on them being relatively "pathetic and inefficient"

DeletedUser2124

''
again try out tw1. you got 600+ attacks. here i would say maybe 200-300 incoming.''

600 ain't that much on tw1, Late game u can easily find 10k incomings on your screen.

DeletedUser

Is that what brought you to TW2, C0V3RT? That it is easier to overwhelm a player with fakes than TW1?
Are you really the original C0V3RT? (Or at least one of them.)
Yatogami i know a player in TW1 and you are not him. your name is a copy of a player that stood up alone against my tribe in TW1 when everyone else ran away or quit. he lost yes. but he fought bravely.
alot of people from tw1 is joining now but we will probably go back to tw1 if this game is moderated by copycats like you.
also every new function is pay to win. there is not a single new function that doesnt cost GOLD. it's retarded how sad you guys are trying to get cash. why not act and play like how tw1 did? we got all these new functions and stuffs and only last few years they started with pay to win worlds. and even then you culd use those worlds to sell your resources for gold. so you could pay to win after you have saved up maybe 9000 gold later on.
that is what a lot of people do. the results???? tribal wars 1 even after 6 years got a stronger playerbase than tw2.

anyway the topic archer is strong against MA but people don't build it often. so MA nukes are OP but if you solely build MA nukes and people figure out that is your gameplay they will counter it. have some LC MA pure nukes is good but not only that. this is a substain game as quoted by COV3RT.

Also about scripts. I have tried it myself. I recently tried out swedish tribal wars 2. i started 7 days late outside the core and after 3 days i already stand with 4 nobles and 1.3 million resources looted and only used 400 gold.

my tribe enjoy the number 1 and number 4. the number 1 is really good because somehow you get a 80% chance of a succesful snipe even if all 4 nobles land on top of each other somehow if you send like 20 snipe attacks with HC and you succesfully land them exact same second as the noble trains most of them will get through.

the chrome T train is really good sending nobles. i always succeed sending nobles on top of each other. also if you send mass fakes and hide your nukes and nobles between the attacks its really strong aswell.
last night i took enemy main village because he was so busy trying to stack his outer villages so he lacked troops at his center. the nobles was sent out 28H travel but they were hidden in those major fake attacks landing on all his villages so he was unable to figure out which village was the real target.

GJ COV now the moderators will try to figure out who we are ingame-.- ^^ :D :D :D

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser486

Yatogami i know a player in TW1 and you are not him. your name is a copy of a player that stood up alone against my tribe in TW1 when everyone else ran away or quit. he lost yes. but he fought bravely.
alot of people from tw1 is joining now but we will probably go back to tw1 if this game is moderated by copycats like you.
LOL for someone who is talking to me as if they think they are a tribal wars veteran, that post was adorable.
Let me break this whole thing down for you.

1. I haven't been a moderator since around August of last year.
2. The moderators are volunteering players, donating their time to helping other players through trouble shooting and keeping the game fair against apparent cheaters such as yourself, they do not earn money, nor have a say in the marketing strategies or developmental process of the game, nor do they necessarily agree with all aspects of the game.
3. Names that draw inspiration from popular entertainment will generally be used by a number of people. I have never once mentioned or claimed that I am Yatogami from Tribal Wars 1, I didn't even know that name had been used there, I just had to check stats to find out the name was only created there about midway through 2014 and only actually DID anything (for two villages) in 2015. I do not know this player, why they chose Yatogami, or apparently how they earned so much respect from you in a 2 village career. I played Tribal Wars, but not as this name, I am not a copycat of the Tribal Wars 1 Yatogami either, it is mere coincidence, not having played since W70 I would not have known the name was used there.
4. So you guys came to TW2 to cheat? And this makes you superior? Go back to TW1 where your scripts don't put you against the rules and an unfair advantage against other players.

Next time you post here, Panqun, try not to be quite so stupid.

DeletedUser2369

anyway the topic archer is strong against MA but people don't build it often. so MA nukes are OP but if you solely build MA nukes and people figure out that is your gameplay they will counter it. have some LC MA pure nukes is good but not only that. this is a substain game as quoted by COV3RT.
Ma recruit just as fast as archer for strength. For recruit time hc are only slightly weaker against ma than archers, and if someone built a archer only defense i could easily destroy it with axe with recruits 5 times faster than archers for respective strength, i could convert nukes to axe and walk over them before they got enough archers to hold against a single ma nuke. In my world any footsoldier defense is laughed at, and hc is by far the most common defence.
This means that your decision of nuke is not dependant on enemy builds, which mean each player decides on a different pure nuke based on their own recruit time preference and resource availability, which means the defenders still have to keep their defense versatile, so they have to stay with hc.

bragging about respectful tw1 players here is totally irrelevant. different game.
lets say if i have 10k incomings in tw1 and 500 in tw2 i will most definitely be more concerned about the 500 here.

DeletedUser

if it's such a different game how come pretty much all tw 2 players always ask stupid questions that all tw1 players know about.

like how to back time, what is the best way for a front liner village setup. how to micro farm. how to send a good noble train. why is new tribes and council asking questions like how to setup a good structure in a tribe.
it's all going on and on.

@yato
if we are cheaters then how come nobody have ever been banned? and we speak of it out in the open, hell there was a long time ago a skype chat with around 180 players and im pretty sure there was a moderator in there and we were openly giving screenshots even a bandicam recording sending noble trains and over 40 attacks on top of each other using tabs. totally confusing our enemy making it impossible for them to find out which village is real target. Nobody is superior in tribal wars its a team game. and i never said that yato from T force used that game ingame but it s his name in skype. he was a top player in W73 fought with IKEA and WET and got himself killed after taking on my tribe after it.
BIG FISH have players that used these tactics. their opponent the former top 1 tribe used it aswell. everyone used it.

Tribal wars veteran? what is a veteran someone that played for 10 years and got nothing done or someone that actually won something?
call me adorable atleast im not a full blown copycat.

DeletedUser3204

if it's such a different game how come pretty much all tw 2 players always ask stupid questions that all tw1 players know about.

like how to back time, what is the best way for a front liner village setup. how to micro farm. how to send a good noble train. why is new tribes and council asking questions like how to setup a good structure in a tribe.
it's all going on and on.

@yato
if we are cheaters then how come nobody have ever been banned? and we speak of it out in the open, hell there was a long time ago a skype chat with around 180 players and im pretty sure there was a moderator in there and we were openly giving screenshots even a bandicam recording sending noble trains and over 40 attacks on top of each other using tabs. totally confusing our enemy making it impossible for them to find out which village is real target. Nobody is superior in tribal wars its a team game. and i never said that yato from T force used that game ingame but it s his name in skype. he was a top player in W73 fought with IKEA and WET and got himself killed after taking on my tribe after it.
BIG FISH have players that used these tactics. their opponent the former top 1 tribe used it aswell. everyone used it.

Tribal wars veteran? what is a veteran someone that played for 10 years and got nothing done or someone that actually won something?
call me adorable atleast im not a full blown copycat.

DO NOT BE SALTY FOR IT IS NOT YOUR FAULTY!
my man Panqun you got the history wrong.
By the way didn't you read yato mail they are not paid if they were they would have been fired for saying in a tw2 skype chat between dreamsweeper before he got banned(hilarious guy) it's ''borderline illegal''

ce ya in game can't wait to wipe off that smirk gonna rip you apart with my zerk nuke :D :D :D

this world is gonna be gud boys lets hope innogames made a nice game it's my first world so i'm gonna enjoy it, and i will do like panqun and rage later when it's over if it's not good :p

DeletedUser894

Ya'll need to stop crying and play the damn game.
Goes for all of you,
Crown MA when you start a realm.
No noobs will afford Archers,
enjoy your day.
Stop commenting, if you do.. i know, being a bad-ass is vewwy cool.
o7

look its different where it matters. you missed the point. i say someone is a legendary player in tw1. cool story. lets respect people that actually achieved something in tw2 instead. this talk is unnecessary but i been playing tw1 since 2010 under the same name and even before under another name. earned your respect now ? lol.

i think off-topic posts here need to be moderated ? dosent they?

DeletedUser3204

look its different where it matters. you missed the point. i say someone is a legendary player in tw1. cool story. lets respect people that actually achieved something in tw2 instead. this talk is unnecessary but i been playing tw1 since 2010 under the same name and even before under another name. earned your respect now ? lol.

i think off-topic posts here need to be moderated ? dosent they?

lads you are being hardcore trolled by even quoting and commenting. Don' comment back he will just keep on going, i know him. played with him for 6 years in tribal wars and other games with pre mades and we all are hardcore trolls that love PvP games and doing Role playing ^^

Just challenge him or something and lets enjoy en16 ^^

DeletedUser2369

Im Honored that players who havent played my world are using my tribe as proof of their opinion, but can you tell me which tactics that we supposedly used? I saw nothing in your post to tell me, and the only thing in previous posts i can see was using scripts to allow changing of tabs the moment you click attack.
As I am the closest member of the tribe to being a scripter (having set up various tools with the go ahead of innogames) the fact that I have not heard of any of our members doing this, and the fact that the former top 1 tribe has only one player who has shown any sort of skill to suggest he might do this makes your claim seem a bit flakey.
To my knowledge, no member of Big Fish has ever used a script, except to export reports to an external database, this particular script does not simulate human action in any way, and has been approved by innogames.

if he is a troll he is not a very talented one.
anyway , in tw1 , archers are a nice all-rounder being good against all kind of offensive unit except for MA. here it is the exact opposite archers are nothing unless the attacker has MA. that mean you have to have it. but you dont quite need it facing most of offensive nukes. that is a fair point the guy that opened this thread had.

p.s : also the tw1 kind of archers makes more sense in a realistic way of thinking. you mean archers struggle to kill lightly armored infantry like axeman ?