• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

What's the point of archers? They are pathetic and inefficient comparison to spears and swords

DeletedUser3188

This might sound like a stupid question, but hear me out first.

What is the point of archers? They are garbage in comparison to the two other defensive units (spears and swords) in every way!

They are more expensive...

Spears cost: 50 W 30 C 20 I

Swords cost: 30 W 30 C 70 I

Archers cost: 80 W 30 C 60 I

They take longer to produce...

Spears: 1:30

Swords: 2:00

Archers: 3:00

And their defensive stats are comparatively worse than both spears and swords...

Spears: Def against infantry: 25
Def against cavalry: 45
Def against archers: 10

Swords: Def against infantry: 55
Def against cavalry: 5
Def against archers: 30

Archers: Def against infantry: 10
Def against cavalry: 30
Def against archers: 60

The only redeeming quality I see about them is that they have high defense against archers. But who the hell sends archers (a defensive troop) in an offensive nuke? Unless of course "Defense Against Archers" is ambiguously referring to Mounted Archers, but even in that case, most offensive nukes don't have any mounted archers, or probably very few. Most offensive nukes mainly just have axes, LC, berserkers, etc. Rarely do offensive nukes have any Mounted Archers, or at the very least, a minimal amount.

So again, this all just begs the question, what is the point of archers? They are literally garbage in every way in comparison to the two other troops (spears & swords). I see absolutely no reason or incentive to build any at all.

For those more experienced than I, please do explain or try to defend them.... because I simply do not understand.

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser894

You just pointed out the answer. They're to defend of MA, MA are death killers if you do not have Archers,
no problem.

DeletedUser2122

You clearly haven't been attacked by a mounted archer nuke XD
MA are considered an archer unit and not as cavalry in the battle simulation,therefore if you want to have a balanced defense you NEED archers,if not MA would simply demolish spears and swords.

DeletedUser3188

You just pointed out the answer. They're to defend of MA, MA are death killers if you do not have Archers,
no problem.
Yeah, but It's like I said, most offensive nukes don't have any MA, or very few to say the least. I suppose if someone has a MA nuke on hand, then you would be in trouble, but how many people actually have that lying around? They would first have to scout you and then build MA to specifically target you, in which case you could just ask tribe members to support you with archers. or at that point, if you see them start attacking with MA, then you can build some.

DeletedUser3188

You clearly haven't been attacked by a mounted archer nuke XD
MA are considered an archer unit and not as cavalry in the battle simulation,therefore if you want to have a balanced defense you NEED archers,if not MA would simply demolish spears and swords.
Yeah, but It's like I said, most offensive nukes don't have any MA, or very few to say the least. I suppose if someone has a MA nuke on hand, then you would be in trouble, but how many people actually have that lying around? They would first have to scout you and then build MA to specifically target you, in which case you could just ask tribe members to support you with archers. or at that point, if you see them start attacking with MA, then you can build some for yourself.

DeletedUser894

Yeah, but It's like I said, most offensive nukes don't have any MA, or very few to say the least. I suppose if someone has a MA nuke on hand, then you would be in trouble, but how many people actually have that lying around? They would first have to scout you and then build MA to specifically target you, in which case you could just ask tribe members to support you with archers. or at that point, if you see them start attacking with MA, then you can build some.
So me and you go to war.
1 v 1
i will spy your villages,
and if you have a small amount of spearmen, maybe around 1000 archers.. and 3000 swordsmen. I'd throw axe fighter / MA nuke at you.
Axe Fighters would destroy Archers, HC would obliterate Archers,

DeletedUser3188

So me and you go to war.
1 v 1
i will spy your villages,
and if you have a small amount of spearmen, maybe around 1000 archers.. and 3000 swordsmen. I'd throw axe fighter / MA nuke at you.
Axe Fighters would destroy Archers, HC would obliterate Archers,
You would have to scout me first, assuming you're able to get an accurate report depending on my tavern lvl/ countermeasures active. My nuke would be something like 9K spears, 9k swords, 2k archers. You would have to have a lot of MA ready to beat my nukes, which at that point, if I see you attacking with MA more than other troops, then at that point I would invest into more archers or just ask nearby tribemates specifically for archers.

DeletedUser1594

What world are you playing on that you arent encountering any mounted archers? I have a bunch of pure ma nukes and use ma's in my bb builds? One of the advantages of using MA is the e fact that archers take forever

DeletedUser894

What world are you playing on that you arent encountering any mounted archers? I have a bunch of pure ma nukes and use ma's in my bb builds? One of the advantages of using MA is the e fact that archers take forever
Yep ^

DeletedUser894

You would have to scout me first, assuming you're able to get an accurate report depending on my tavern lvl/ countermeasures active. My nuke would be something like 9K spears, 9k swords, 2k archers. You would have to have a lot of MA ready to beat my nukes, which at that point, if I see you attacking with MA more than other troops, then at that point I would invest into more archers or just ask nearby tribemates specifically for archers.
False if you had 9000 swords, 9000 spears, 2000 archers, a nuke of 3000 mounted archers, depending if you didn't have a church would clear you,
and defense isn't a nuke lol...
Now if you had a church... 4000 ma would clear you flawlessly, w/ me having a church as well.
Defense is horrible. It's why darteve and some of his tribe are savages and are not much defense tankers. And will kill your offense nukes when they get the chance.
Hope i helped, if you need assistance you just pm me.

DeletedUser3188

False if you had 9000 swords, 9000 spears, 2000 archers, a nuke of 3000 mounted archers, depending if you didn't have a church would clear you,
and defense isn't a nuke lol...
Now if you had a church... 4000 ma would clear you flawlessly, w/ me having a church as well.
Defense is horrible. It's why darteve and some of his tribe are savages and are not much defense tankers. And will kill your offense nukes when they get the chance.
Hope i helped, if you need assistance you just pm me.
I call em nukes, whether they are off or def. it's just what I do. also ur wrong, 4000 MA would only clear about 70% of my def nuke if we both have a church and If I have a lvl 20 wall. Used a battle calc to check: http://tw2calc.com/se

DeletedUser894

Battle calcs can be wrong A LOT. Look at faith, bonus, defense, Paladin, Defense Multiplier - what calculates it but you're having to add a lot more in with paladin / as it use's wrong weapon.. of no weapon so that's 10 % - MAT.
I call em nukes, whether they are off or def. it's just what I do. also ur wrong, 4000 MA would only clear about 70% of my def nuke if we both have a church and If I have a lvl 20 wall. Used a battle calc to check: http://tw2calc.com/se

DeletedUser

lads, it's not just about clearing someone in 1 wave. a fully LC or MA nuke is ridicously fast to build and really cheap for a good farmer.

when more tw1 people join you gonna see a heavily increase of purely LC or MA nukes.
also its faster. if your a good player you can back time everything and LC MA is best for that.
i laugh everyday someone ask for defence when they have a nuke just standing in their village doing nothing good.

DeletedUser1594

when more tw1 people join you gonna see a heavily increase of purely LC or MA nukes.
also its faster. if your a good player you can back time everything and LC MA is best for that.

Back timing is really only relevant early on. If I am moving towards you and trying to take a village of yours, the likely scenario is my closest village is where I am sending nobles from, chances are that village is beyond stacked. Back timing is only possible in the event a player succeeds, once I send a noble train at you if you let them succeed, I get your village.

DeletedUser3135

Yeah, but It's like I said, most offensive nukes don't have any MA, or very few to say the least. I suppose if someone has a MA nuke on hand, then you would be in trouble, but how many people actually have that lying around?
You've been lucky if you haven't encountered a lot of MA attacks yet. On my server LC/MA nukes are the most common type with very few people actually using infantry attacks just because LC/MA are faster to build and to attack plus since most people don't build large amounts of archers the MA becomes extra effective in many cases.

DeletedUser

Back timing is really only relevant early on. If I am moving towards you and trying to take a village of yours, the likely scenario is my closest village is where I am sending nobles from, chances are that village is beyond stacked. Back timing is only possible in the event a player succeeds, once I send a noble train at you if you let them succeed, I get your village.

please do try Tribal wars 1. you gonna meet players doing micro seconds and in here you can snipe ANY noble train.
same here. you can still hit that .0 second its possible its been done so many times.

back time works all stages. even if you got 1000 villages what are you gonna do when everytime you attack that enemy guy is returning it with force and you lose all your offensive and suddently you have nothing.

in every game there is something called: substain. its something all pro players work with.
why should you play fully defensive or fully offensive? its retarded you get killed you need to find yourself a balance.

when my last world in tw1 ended and my tribe had nothing to do we went back to our games eve online, gw2, world of warcraft etc. all games we got 1 thing in common. we fight players that either do 10million damage or 100 damage. the point is: we keep on hitting we keep on blocking what needs to be blocked. so you send a noble train. i am unable to snipe it cuz its a perfectly 1 second on top of each other. what do i do? OFC i block it with heavy units. ofc if your nuke is 1 second before your noble you have just lost a noble train cuz they will meet some nice heavy cavalry at the door.

this game is about: substain, outplay your enemy.

DeletedUser1594

please do try Tribal wars 1. you gonna meet players doing micro seconds and in here you can snipe ANY noble train.
same here. you can still hit that .0 second its possible its been done so many times.

back time works all stages. even if you got 1000 villages what are you gonna do when everytime you attack that enemy guy is returning it with force and you lose all your offensive and suddently you have nothing.

in every game there is something called: substain. its something all pro players work with.
why should you play fully defensive or fully offensive? its retarded you get killed you need to find yourself a balance.

when my last world in tw1 ended and my tribe had nothing to do we went back to our games eve online, gw2, world of warcraft etc. all games we got 1 thing in common. we fight players that either do 10million damage or 100 damage. the point is: we keep on hitting we keep on blocking what needs to be blocked. so you send a noble train. i am unable to snipe it cuz its a perfectly 1 second on top of each other. what do i do? OFC i block it with heavy units. ofc if your nuke is 1 second before your noble you have just lost a noble train cuz they will meet some nice heavy cavalry at the door.

this game is about: substain, outplay your enemy.

Tw1 is full of scripts that help with all that freakish timing

As far as backtiming you couldn't be more wrong.
6e50c8996b.jpg

I have a noble train available in that village, if I send send it at Onya62, his options are to defend or let it go, if my attacks land and are on the way back more than likely I am taking the village. If he tries to backtime me, I have 100k troops of defense in that village, his nuke isn't killing shit. If it does, I queue up another noble.

short mouthed , the point of archer is MA. if they both get removed thats a deal. but troops variety add tactic and joy to the game so thats out of option as well. you dont see MA being a bad boy right now and not over used? thats because archer exist and most people are wise enough to include a good number of them in their stacks. i dont know why all this long conversation even happened.

DeletedUser894

Nobody recruits Archer,
So build MA,
That's how i survive baby ;)

DeletedUser

shekel you have never played tribal wars 1? your comment: tw1 got a lot of scripts that makes it clear you have no idea what your talking about.

oh so now we are on about scripts? there is 10 ways to send noble trains in tw1 and 3 ways in tw2 and those 3 ways are working in tw1.

1. the classic one for people with an candidate in computer science, it's being done recently, it's extremely illegal and i dearly hope my dear friends get banned for it. (emilia don't rage in skype plx) basically what you do is open 4 tabs put the troops in each tab open the script that when you hit the attack button and got the script working it will change tab and you hit it again. so basically you klick 4 times really fast. and bingo.
you have a nice http://prntscr.com/9rv0g7 <-- this was posted a few minutes ago in skype, it was made by a female gamer i am not gonna introduce because she would hate me. but because i love her im gonna tell you this.
she is hot^^

2. the legal way. legal all the way. I am so not gonna study to lawyers when i grow out of my age 12 stage(never)
http://prntscr.com/9rv1m0 <-- spam the number 9. and and do make sure you open a new tab with no # that one makes it lag a bit.

3. it is known for a fact that OPERA the old version do work in tw2. yes ladies and gentlemen. IT STILL WORKS AFTER 5 YEARS.

4. chrome is pretty much the same as opera. all you need to go is go to youtube and search for.
tribal wars 1 T train. you get instructions and it will function just like old the old ways.
your results? a fully on top of each other 1000000 tabs attack. you can co ordinate 1 up to 10000 accouns to land on top of each other. no problemo.

PS: tw 2 is more stabile than tw 1. weird huh? what i mean is. while tw 1 is less complex with no fancy graphic to screw up the scripts. tw 2 offer a way to open more windows for google chrome on a computer. so basically you can have more tabs open same time than tw1.
in tw1 your computer melt after 60 tabs. in tw2. you can go beyond that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so you decide to stack 1 village and you don't think i would expect you to try that when you take a village in another province???? its in human nature to defend what you take. obviously its stacked. i would never go for that village i would take something you don't expect.

i would ask my tribe mates to help me out mass fake and scout and keep you no your toes while i prep a good operation to hit a few inner villages. maybe if your not quick enough we would rotate fake and real nukes to hit a few offensive villages maybe you will get desperate and start try to defend all your villages make you bleed out.
yes we would lose offensive troops but it takes far longer for you to rebuild than for us.

Last edited by a staff member: