• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Troops to Points Ratio

Noob Question: What is troops to points ratio for a player? What is troops to points ratio per tribe?

Thanks
Dagda Mor
The Anarchist

DeletedUser2084

Your question is confusing. Do you mean what does troops:points ratio mean? Or what is THE troops:point ratio that's good?

Well to answer your first question let's say you've got 5,000,000 troops and 1,000,000 points. That means you've got a 5:1 troop:point ratio. Whether that's good or not is entirely subjective because someone with a 0.5:1 ratio can get more "use" or "value" from their troops than someone who doesn't use their troops properly and has a 30:1 ratio.

What do I mean by using them properly? Taking out church villages first with timed nukes/nobles landing seconds after so all their defense fights at 50% compared to sending mass nukes fighting at 50% into stacked villages fighitng at 200% that someone with a 30:1 troop:point ratio might do since they think they can simply overwhelm.

Like is said a noob guestion, let me clarify: We have a player we are trying to recruit. He/she is asking what our policy is on Troops to Point Ratio.

DeletedUser3016

The question is more about troop makeup than the ratio itself. Obviously the quantity of troops is going to have a large factor in the matter, but considering you tend to have ~20k free provisions in a village after it is built to what people normally class as 'maximum' then clearly you try and fill that :D

I will see if I can find a guide on some good troop makeups for you, and post here.

DeletedUser3016

https://en.forum.tribalwars2.com/index.php?threads/optimized-army-builds.3094/

Here is a good idea of what you should be facing in terms of the most effective builds for your armies, however that may not answer your question in terms of a troop to point ratio, it does mean that if you pump as much spare res as you have in to troops, and being able to keep your farm level high enough, then you should be good! As Sephyrx mentioned above, the rest is about how you use it afterwards, which is tailored per person you take on.

DeletedUser2754

To be honest, I think the guy is thinking on attacking you. By asking you that question, if you give him a ratio number he knows what you guys have right away.

Building troop is silly since it doesn't show up on the scoreboard. Besides do you want to be known as a troop whore...I think not.
Don't do this, he is asking and trying to learn... and at the point he is, he might not understand the irony in your post... help him learn a few more things then be as ironic as you can ;)