• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Third Party Map Site

DeletedUser

With the loss of the 3rd party map site that we were utilizing, I'm curious if there are any other programmer savvy individuals that could take up the reigns and provide this feature again. I'm sure that I'm not alone in stating that I don't mind offering up a donation for development/maintenance costs. This feature is so invaluable to being able to enjoy a strategy game of this sort. How in heaven's name are you suppose to plan full scale wars when you cannot even locate all your enemy villages relative to your own tribe's?

Is there nobody that has the know how to be able to provide this feature?

DeletedUser

I'm sure there are people that do have the know how to provide the feature... it's the willingness to provide the feature that should instead be stated and addressed. As vadorequest had said in one of his messages before it was deleted... he could easily continue the work that was done by imaginedragon, but he will not due to the poor lack of effort that has so far been given by the Inno developer team and their apparent and obvious desire to push BAD/UNBALANCED P2W features on us to make it as much of a cash cow as possible before they push all their client base away.

DeletedUser

I'd be game, however I need to figure out how to interface w/ the game... nothing apparent like the old api in tw1.

DeletedUser

Is there a mod who can point us in the right direction?

DeletedUser

zubbs1;n7918 said:
With the loss of the 3rd party map site that we were utilizing, I'm curious if there are any other programmer savvy individuals that could take up the reigns and provide this feature again.

The real question is why? Why should we take our time to do what InnoGames should have done a long time ago? What InnoGames promised to do (Does "World Map Coming Soon!", sound familiar to you?!)

When we're being endlessly nagged by the game with these nickel 'n dime schemes, why the heck should their customers implement core game play features? Is it really our fault that the InnoGame Program/Project Manager have moved these out of the scope of the project to make room for more P2W work?

Personally, I would rather make 3rd-party tools for another company's game... One that actually listens to their community. Novel concept, isn't it? :)

DeletedUser

In the interim, I've made a map tool on my own. Still working out the bugs.

Here's the top 4 tribes in en01:
uXruXVr.png

Here's the top 4 tribes in en02:
M01d4up.png

Here's the top 4 tribes in en03:
9hVN66H.png

DeletedUser

those are static images. i render them using javascript though they could be.

DeletedUser

George Bush;n10055 said:
The real question is why? Why should we take our time to do what InnoGames should have done a long time ago? What InnoGames promised to do (Does "World Map Coming Soon!", sound familiar to you?!)

When we're being endlessly nagged by the game with these nickel 'n dime schemes, why the heck should their customers implement core game play features? Is it really our fault that the InnoGame Program/Project Manager have moved these out of the scope of the project to make room for more P2W work?

Personally, I would rather make 3rd-party tools for another company's game... One that actually listens to their community. Novel concept, isn't it? :)

I played TW1 back in 2005-2008. If memory serves, we used a 3rd party map site and a 3rd party point/oda/odd/etc tracking site. I see no problem with a 3rd party running those services here as well. This is the first beta game development I've ever participated in, so while I do agree there are elements that are not what I want to see, I'm reserving judgement for the finished product. If innogames wants to make a polished world map feature that is included in their game, it can only help their case. If they don't, and a 3rd party site is needed, I'd rather one get off the ground now rather than months from now.

DeletedUser

descott, do you have an approximate release date? No rush. I'm pretty sure I can speak for everyone here that we want a fully functioning world map that will stay up this time around. I was just curious.

DeletedUser

Syzygy05, I'd like to be able to pull data directly from the tw servers. I've pm'd Daedelus, but no answer yet.

DeletedUser923

descott;n10497 said:
Syzygy05, I'd like to be able to pull data directly from the tw servers. I've pm'd Daedelus, but no answer yet.

Daedulus is not a Community Manager anymore.
Could you PM me for information or request instead?
I will answer quicker :p

DeletedUser

LiamAird;n10779 said:
Daedulus is not a Community Manager anymore.
Could you PM me for information or request instead?
I will answer quicker :p

That explains why I never heard back from him hehe. Thanks :)