• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Siege engins

DeletedUser486

Essentially...

Rams: damage wall to reduce defense bonus before the main battle,
Catapults: damage buildings after the battle.
Trebuchet: Destroy rams before rams damage wall to reduce ram effectiveness.

DeletedUser

Yatogami;n13070 said:
Essentially...

Rams: damage wall to reduce defense bonus before the main battle,
Catapults: damage buildings after the battle.
Trebuchet: Destroy rams before rams damage wall to reduce ram effectiveness.

oooooh really?[you dont say nicolas cage image here]

kidding, though i figured that much of course...what i wanted to know were more specific details...like how much dmg do rams to walls, the dmg reported on wiki is dmg to hit points or dmg to lvl? how much hitpoints does lvl 20 wall have and how many rams are needed to bring it down? for catapults to work, does really whole attack need to get through? in attack, trebuchets work like catapults? can you use catapults and trebuchets to target wall?

DeletedUser486

Trebs are predominantly a defensive unit, they are also slower than nobles. Wasted in an attack if you ask me. Especially considering the cost,

I'm still not sure how hitpoints tie in to the equations and I don't fancy testing my nuke on my level 20 wall to find out if 219 rams is the magic number to destroy an undefended level 20 wall down to 0 as it was in classic.

Cats don't need to survive to do damage, but the fewer cats you have in an attack, the less likely to do damage should they die..

DeletedUser

Yatogami;n13104 said:
Cats don't need to survive to do damage, but the fewer cats you have in an attack, the less likely to do damage should they die..

not sure what you mean...however, what happens when you send lets say 100 cats into a village with defense?

DeletedUser486

Say you send 100 cats, and say they would take the barracks from 16 down to 5 in an undefended village. If you hit a stack and they all die, then you might only take 2 levels, or if 50% survive, maybe 4 levels. Not exact numbers.

DeletedUser

Yatogami;n13112 said:
Say you send 100 cats, and say they would take the barracks from 16 down to 5 in an undefended village. If you hit a stack and they all die, then you might only take 2 levels, or if 50% survive, maybe 4 levels. Not exact numbers.

ok...in any way, it doesnt work like you send cats, they deal with building from outside like any normal catapult would do and go back without fighting the defending army right?

DeletedUser486

Nup, the army fights first and then the damage for buildings is calculated (assuming the math hasn't changed much from classic)

DeletedUser

Do the trebs only do dmg to rams? So treb goes to rams. Rams then go to walls, Attack happens. Cat damage happens. Right???

DeletedUser

Kusco;n13125 said:
Do the trebs only do dmg to rams? So treb goes to rams. Rams then go to walls, Attack happens. Cat damage happens. Right???

i think trebs also dmg attacking units,since trebs has its own def in other units. the rams dmg is just its special ability

DeletedUser486

The trebs also have defensive stats, they would play a part in the battle, as would cats with their attack stat. Though not their main feature.