• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Scroll Bar Error

DeletedUser

Randomly when I open either my own tribe member window, or the member window of another tribe I get no scroll bar (just a solid gray where it should be) as the picture below shows. This happens regardless of how 'laggy' the game seems to be. I've had the world map scrolling around very well, and this still happens. it is also not related to the first time I try after login or due to cache needing cleared. 100% of the time I close the window and reopen the tribe member list and it is normal. Not a huge deal, just wanted to let you know.

img

DeletedUser

I've experienced this as well, no idea what the cause is though...

EDIT: It also happens with messages, the ingame tribe forum and reports... anywhere there's a scrollbar.

DeletedUser

yeah same, I just close it and open again, then it appears, I'm using Firefox browser.

DeletedUser430

Zubbs1 so that I can make a report today can you please feel out the steps below:

1. Bug description: (for example how, when and where the bug occurs, add screenshots when possible). Click here for an example!
  • Steps to reproduce bug (this is very important)
2. Browser and version: (for example Firefox 25.0)
3. Realm: (for example World 1)

DeletedUser

1. The scroll bar disappears from tribal function windows, both my tribe and other tribes. I have ascertained no pattern to generate this bug repeatably. It does seem to happen perhaps once per hour or so.
2. Chrome Version 40.0.2214.93 m
3. En 2 (Bastille)

DeletedUser430

I have been trying to reproduce this bug as well. I will keep trying.

DeletedUser

i have had this happen a number of times,
no steps to replicate as it appears to be random upon opening any screen with scroll bars. it only happens very rarely, a quick close and reopen of the window and its fixed

DeletedUser

I've also had this happen to me... seems to be just as i'm using the game, haven't been able to isolate to a single cause yet.

On at least v1.6,1.7,1.8 and I'm on en3
Google Chrome40.0.2214.91 (Official Build)
Revision39fb37d2cea6903d5dfbaa4a243f45bf15c2f5bc-refs/branch-heads/2214_85@{#2}
OSLinux
Blink537.36 (@188344)
JavaScriptV8 3.30.33.15
Flash16.0.0.291
User AgentMozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.91 Safari/537.36

DeletedUser430

Thank you all for reporting on this issue. It seems as though it's rare but a few of you are getting it. This will be something that I will have to continue looking into for sure till I can find the exact cause.

DeletedUser

It's hapening to me a quite often today, however when I repeat same actions I did before it happened, it does not reproduce. It looks like the scroll bar sometimes fails to load,in certain windows you'll realise that solid grey bar is just the background before the scroll loads, in example, if you click repeteadly and fast the "settings" button on the bottom bar, you'll see that grey bar, but most of times it finally loads the scroll.

Firefox 35.0.1
MacOS X 10.10.1

DeletedUser430

Thank you I will as well notify our CM about this to see if the devs might be able to look more into what might be the cause. Because I am not able to reproduce this and others have said it's random as well.

DeletedUser

I have noticed whenever I first login to the server, the first Hall of Orders I open will generate the scroll bar error. I close the window, and reopen and its fine. Hope that helps.

DeletedUser430

Thank you for the information. Are you able to try and update your Chrome to the latest version 40.0.2214.94? Then let me know if you still get this problem.

DeletedUser

Same happens to me, completly random
Drachenfels
Chrome 40.0.2214.93 m
Updated to
40.0.2214.94 m still happens

DeletedUser

coolnite7;n21839 said:
Thank you for the information. Are you able to try and update your Chrome to the latest version 40.0.2214.94? Then let me know if you still get this problem.
I updated, then cleared cache and reloaded game. The temple of orders scroll bar was present on the first attempt. So this portion of this issue is resolved (for me at least). I'll keep watching for the error on tribe related windows.

DeletedUser

I noticed this happening more often now, specially when I open Hall of Orders window by clicking on trebs/berserkers on the Units bar.