• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Same attack, different times?

DeletedUser

So me and a tribemate launched attacks at a village and timed them to arrive in the right order. All would've been fine but our attacks arrived at different times depending on who checked.
We are in the same time zone so I cant explain the 4 second difference (except a lot of unnecessary losses)

Report_Time.jpg

2016_04_08.png

That's the two reports , with the different times? Can anyone explain this for me?

DeletedUser3016

Agreed on this; this is not a bug; the servers that play this game are not centralized: there is no way to do that since this market allows people all over the world to pay; it uses local servers to make your connection to the TW central server; which means that your local clock is what drives timing. Syncing will solve the issue.

Thank you all for responding and teaching them.
Recycled this quote from Cannibal12 to get you the answer.

DeletedUser2084

So TW1 could use a central time but TW2 can't? Why the sudden change in how they do things?

DeletedUser3016

TW1 worked off of a centralized server, which allowed for localized synchronization. TW2 works off of a network of servers to maintain stability for the servers. This means that there is no central server to synchronize the time to.

DeletedUser2084

TW1 worked off of a centralized server, which allowed for localized synchronization. TW2 works off of a network of servers to maintain stability for the servers. This means that there is no central server to synchronize the time to.

Yes I understand that hence why i said WHY did they change how they did things? As far as I know (was a while ago though), TW1 never had stability problems.

DeletedUser3016

Yes I understand that hence why i said WHY did they change how they did things? As far as I know (was a while ago though), TW1 never had stability problems.

The most simple way to say it is that it is using different languages, and a different development team. Some things they prefer to do in a certain way, other things must be done in a certain way. The guys who started TW1 in the first place are the guys that founded Innogames, and now have more responsibility running the whole of the group, rather than focusing on a single game. Though the game is a sequal to the original, not everything will be the same due to this. The game is being rewritten from scratch by a completely different bunch of guys. They do their best, but some things cannot be the same due to new infrastructure, server, and software types to get the project completed.

DeletedUser2084

The most simple way to say it is that it is using different languages, and a different development team. Some things they prefer to do in a certain way, other things must be done in a certain way. The guys who started TW1 in the first place are the guys that founded Innogames, and now have more responsibility running the whole of the group, rather than focusing on a single game. Though the game is a sequal to the original, not everything will be the same due to this. The game is being rewritten from scratch by a completely different bunch of guys. They do their best, but some things cannot be the same due to new infrastructure, server, and software types to get the project completed.

Err as far as I know that isn't what constitutes needing more stability over something more practical such as centralized time. Sure, the upgraded graphics and animations do take quite a bit of processing power a lot with all these small little things they've put in that add up (outgoing commands etc being updated every 1-2 seconds is quite process heavy imo); but as you said, it's 2016, it should be fairly easy to implement both.
The only reason I can see them doing this is to reduce cost.