• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

rams and catapults

DeletedUser299

Rams have a combat strength of 2, catapults have a combat strength of 100.

Does this mean that its better to send catapults against the wall rather than rams?

There is no other metric that would indicate rams are better against the wall, at least displayed in game?

DeletedUser430

The Ram is used for tearing down the enemy Wall. This is done twice during a battle. The first ram attack will be executed before the battle starts and lowers the defense bonus of the defender if successful. The second attack is done after the battle with the surviving rams. Catapults would basically (in theory) hit after/during attack.

DeletedUser299

Yes Im aware of how they perform. Whats confusing me is the combat strength value of 2. Does this mean anything in the context of rams attacking a wall, or is there something else going on in the background?

DeletedUser430

The reason for the combat strength of the rams is simple. If you were to look at the wall hit points below you will see that hit points for taking down a wall is much lower than those of a building:
gTWCNIy.png

Hit points for a building in this example I use the farm:
YCtBhM2.png

So as you can see to take down a wall the hit points are much lower as suppose to taking down a building. Ram's basically have one goal to take down the wall and thats it. The order of attack is that rams hit first to assist your offense in the attack. From there catapults come and destroy the buildings. Now if you are asking why one wouldn't just use catapults instead of rams to destroy a wall then the answer would be because the order of the attack.

DeletedUser299

Ah I see the wall has very low hit points. Save that topic for another day.

Question 1: How does the combat strength of the ram (2) correlate with the hit points of the wall? I am assuming its not 1:1 otherwise you'd only need 9 rams to remove a level 20 wall.

Question 2: In a case where there were no defending troops, the catapult has 50x more combat strength than a ram, so would it be 50x more effective against the wall, i.e you'd need 50x less catapults?

Question 3: How does the trebuchet come into it? Does the trebuchet take out the rams in the first attack wave, preventing them from damaging the wall? The trebuchet has 200 defense against infantry, 250 defense against cavalry and 200 defense against archers. Which of these is applicable to the defense against siege weapons?