• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Ram damage

DeletedUser59

I would like to know what determines the damage made by rams. I lost tons of rams in battles when I wasn't supposed to. Does the ram damage depend solely on infantry units? I've no other explanation for losing all my 100+ rams when 80%-90% of my cavalry-dominated nuke survives.

DeletedUser

Your enemy may have trebuchets in his village. You should check the reports again.

DeletedUser486

You also said you had a cavalry heavy nuke, where as I believe rams (same as nobles) are dependent on infantry for effectiveness and survival. If you are very cavalry heavy, with little infantry, rams are probably wasted if I'm correct and should be either a farming force or a follow up force after a regular nuke destroys walls.

DeletedUser59

Yeah, I heavily rely on cavalry and I've almost no infantry. Seems like I'll have to recruit some axes. If I remember correctly the nobleman counts as cavalry or infantry unit depending on which is stronger. Or was that in force for the paladin only?

@dkid1574
No, there weren't any trebuchets. The other players were defensive but didn't have many troops and I cleared the villages.

DeletedUser16

All siege weapons require infantry to be sent with them, otherwise siege weapons will be destroyed.