• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Nobling is broken.

DeletedUser

Spent almost 2 days working on a town to noble it and when I finally succeeded in conquering it the game fails to let me control it.

What a complete waste of time when you plan something out and carefully operate within the framework of that plan only for the game to break and just leave you hanging.

Sent in a ticket.

I wonder how many other people are experiencing the same problem?

DeletedUser904

Same here. Sent a ticket, they said they are aware of the issue. I suggested that until they can resolve such a basic game feature as nobeling, they should suspend the world. This is outrageous and put together with information from other players (e.g. you have to buy the extra building slots in every village, over and over again, no proper map functions, no simulator, no planner etc) it shows that Inno made a poor attempt to create a sequel to their original master game. I am really angry of course, I "nobled" a village to help a newbie who just started playing and is being farmed to the rim by this guy and his friend. The newbie is about to quit the game, as it happened to so many others in the later years in TW and I absolutely understand him. I am also thinking of quitting as I've seen the earliest post about this issue to be from Thursday by Bunny - today is Sunday already and there was no announcement about this and it seems the devs couldn't solve this issue either. So far TW2 looks like an airline with a sexy crew and nice indoors but without pilots and the fuel to fly it. I'm just waiting for the ticket to be answered and to see how they plan to resolve this issue in non-technical terms: lost time to develop your villages, lost resources, lost strategic chances to help others/yourself, well, simply to play the game.

DeletedUser898

Agreed.
If these sorts of issues were present in a physical product sold in stores they would be lynched in the media and possibly the courts. Back to the days of buyer beware before the days of consumer protection here.

They have the nerve to pine away at us at every turn for more crowns. Blatantly going as far as pay to win for troops. You balance the power of the troop types, then upset the apple cart again this time on purpose allowing players to buy troops. Troops for what? To noble a village you cannot get? Nice one, well done beautiful sequel this is... for all the reasons outlined above and so so many more. Just like the dysfunctional in game mail system where you cannot get to edit the attendees list unless you are the author, talk about easy to abuse... no way to delete your account, a forum structure that is so user unfriendly that [ what i want to say here would get me banned, which is ironic due to the inaction and the behavior exhibited by this gaming company ]

Sound harsh? Well, if we the people pay money for something, and we get no value... we get passionate. I feel stupid for buying in with no refund feature. That is not permitted in my country. I have a pile of crowns and nothing I want to spend them on anymore... disgusting really. They do not deserve to keep my money the way i am feeling today. Suspend the world, all the worlds, get it right and roll it out again, or fold it up and go home.

I long to go back to the days of play-by-mail games like Feudal Lords, it was clever with provinces and an economic system, good military balance, hex game map (sound familiar?) and guess what - it actually worked! It had to or no one would have played it. You paid for your turn sheets, you mailed them in and everything was carried out in 'game time' when the turn was processed and the results mailed back and guess what? It worked or no one would have paid to support it. Oh how i long for a game that works and makes sense and is fair to all players. Level playing field, ever hear of it?

DeletedUser904

The pure fact that apparently this issue has been known to Inno for 96 hours and
a) no fix has been made
b) NO ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN MADE
c) the worlds have not been shut down

Seriously questions their goodwill. I'll have a read at the terms and conditions later, this rather seems like a Nigerian scam ripoff than an Innogames platform.

DeletedUser904

General Terms and Conditions

Article 14: [...] "We are liable for the unavailability of the Games only in cases of willful intent or gross negligence [...]"
Article 15.3: "Excluded from warranty are defects that are attributable to external influences, operating faults for which you are responsible or those from force majeure."
Article 15.5: "We are liable for claims for damages and replacement of futile expenses ("Claims for Damages") due to an infringement of contractual or extra-contractual obligations only in cases
  • of willful intent or gross negligence;
    based on mandatory liability pursuant to the Product Liability Act as well as in the scope of application of § 44a TKG (Telecommunications Act);
Article 3.1 b) and c) of the Product Liability Act in German: (1) Ein Produkt hat einen Fehler, wenn es nicht die Sicherheit bietet, die unter Berücksichtigung aller Umstände, insbesondere a) seiner Darbietung,
b) des Gebrauchs, mit dem billigerweise gerechnet werden kann,
c) des Zeitpunkts, in dem es in den Verkehr gebracht wurde,

The fact that this issue has been known for 4 days and it a) still hasnt been solved b) players have not been notified c) no action has been taken to suspend the game can be seen as gross negligence from the company's part.

I think now would be the time that this issue is being taken seriously. No answer has been provided to my ticket since 9:50, the supposedly nobled village not only producing troops, it is growing as well. No announcement has been made, other players in my tribe are experiencing the same issue because noone from InnoGames bothered to tell anyone that there is a serious issue with a basic feature of their product.

DeletedUser898

My noble attack that I did just disappeared! I did not noble the target. However, after the attack the returning force just vanished. I had to log out and reload the game. The troops and the noble then reappeared.
You have a serious game issue. No announcement. No response to tickets. You have a non-functioning product and you are still accepting money by keeping it up and running for the unaware to discover - I am taking a very very dim view on this. We can all see the obvious here, by any definition!
On top of that damning evidence you are unresponsive for too long. Remove your product. Compensate consumers. You should not be charging for any features of a game or service in this condition, in fact you should not be running it at all.
Shame on Innogames!

DeletedUser108

Thanks for your post. This is a known issue and we are sorry about any inconvenience this may cause. We are working diligently on a repair. Please accept our apologies in the mean time!

DeletedUser904

Dear CrimsonBlue,

This letter I sent to InnoGames HQ has nothing to do with what you have been doing, but I hope you understand that what is going on in this case, including our private convo, is a shame. You have told me privately, but as it concerns all players, I am posting it here as well, that the issue should be fixed in the next TW2 update. Now this is absolutely and completely unacceptable.
This is not a minor issue (see referred things below), this concerns the most important, basic game feature. At the same time, InnoGames miserably failed at informing its customers that they are unable to provide the service they promised to do. On top of this, NO INFORMATION has been given to any players, including the affected ones and NO WORLD has been suspented despite the company being aware of the fact AGAIN THAT THE MOST BASIC FEATURE OF THE GAME IS SIMPLY NOT WORKING. At the same time, InnoGames had no problem asking players to pay Crowns for features, including the newly introduced ability to purchase troops.
Judging from you answers to my own tickets, which I am more than happy to reproduce here, you are not in a position to inform (affected) users about how this issue is going to get resolved, e.g.: what TW plans doing about the lost resoucres, troops, buildings, items, strategic locations, tribe changes etc a nobeling at this stage of the game brings about.

Following is the e-mail I have sent to InnoGames. I encourage all other players to complain directly to them.

To whom it may concern

I am sure you are aware of the issue with nobling on Bastille in TW2.
According to public posts on the forums, this issue has been brought to your attention on the morning of 23/10/2014 as another player already complained that despite having reports of nobeling a village, he still cant access the newly nobled village.
I encountered the same issue without having any knowledge of this issue on the eve of 25/10/2014 and have contacted Support accordingly.
I have been in touch with CrimsonBlue, if needed, I can forward you our conversation.

As he hasn't informed me that the problem in practice means that the nobeling is completely ignored, I tried several things to solve the problem: logged in and out, used a different browser, refreshed the game, recalled troops, sent spies to the village. None of them worked, in fact, 2 out of 4 spies have died and the village is still producing troops and develops buildings. To make matters worse, the nobeling was not a random decision: a newbie player has been farmed to death by the player and his friend I attacked. The newbie is not a member of my tribe, I do not know him/her in real life, he just asked for help. The conquer would have made a significant change in the newbie's situation - now he is about to leave the game. Sounds familiar?

I haven't received adequate information for my support ticket either. Let me note that this is not a complaint against the person who answered my ticket, it seems that he is left in the dark just as much as all the other players of TW2. I am not sure whether you realize that you are ruining not simply the sequel to TribalWars, but the reputation of your company as well. Releasing a game with loads of almost necessary Premium features (e.g. building slots needed to buy in each village) without being able to run its basics properly is not only ridicolous and outrageous, but is I think illegal as well (See below).

I am having great difficulties in finding the proper adjectives to describe your product. You might be aware that nobeling is a basic in-game feature of Tribal Wars as the aim of the game is to conquer as many villages as you can. This is not about the fault of the background music or the non-burning of the looted villages.

For at least four days this issue has been known to you. You have not bothered to make an announcement to the affected worlds, you have not bothered to communicate this issue appropriately to the players (including Premium users like myself, shame on my stupidity), instead, you have introduced troops for Crowns.

As of today, you already are aware of this "bug" as your employee described the situation, yet the company's response is the following:
"Crim 2014-10-26 21:10:48

Unfortunately it is a bug within the game and we will need to wait until the developers release a fix. It should come soon and you should receive an announcement.

CrimsonBlue
In Game Moderator"

This is precisely what constitutes gross negligence in my view thus a breach of the Terms and Conditions, that, by default, protects the interests of InnoGames.

I would like to receive answers to the following questions in light of this:

1. Since when InnoGames knew of this issue?
2. What has been done in order to
a) fix the issue
b) inform the players that the most basic game feature is not working
c) compensate the affected players
3. If this is a known bug for four days, why has InnoGames failed to inform their customers of this issue?

I am seriously thinking of taking this to an official, legal level. Not because I've spent hundreds of Euros on Crowns or what not, but simply out of principle as an old TW player (back to en.world.13). Making money is one thing, running a scam is something rather different.

Despite being an admittedly very angry e-mail, this is a notice that unless the mentioned issues are reasonably resolved, I am willing to pursue legal steps against InnoGames at least to reimburse the money I have spent nobeling and after my nobeling attempt failed. At the same time, I beg you not to dismiss my e-mail with a legal blah-blah as I have came to play your game in the first place and lost my patience only in light of the "developments".

Yours

(AndrisBandris)

DeletedUser108

Wow sorry to see you are so upset. I am not actually an employee of Innogames. I am a player that volunteers to moderate. I make sure that all these issues that you bring to the forums are brought up to our paid employee/senior level team. I do have access to information behind the scenes to be able to assist you, and the issue has been reported. I have compiled a list of issues for the top to review.

DeletedUser904

Dear Crimson,

I am really very upset, precisely because the point of the game is not functioning for days and according to your e-mail, not a single payed employee seems to give a dime about it. Players post these issues here, I'm many more through support, you and probably others as volunteering moderators answer politely without having access and rights to actually do something. The craziest part of all this is that this bug seemingly does not affect all players - now this means that while waiting for the issue to be solved (how long? An hour? A day? A week? A month? A lifetime? No one knows, at least, no one tells us), some folks around me are able to noble.

DeletedUser486

Andrisbandris;n7726 said:
Dear Crimson,

I am really very upset, precisely because the point of the game is not functioning for days and according to your e-mail, not a single payed employee seems to give a dime about it. Players post these issues here, I'm many more through support, you and probably others as volunteering moderators answer politely without having access and rights to actually do something. The craziest part of all this is that this bug seemingly does not affect all players - now this means that while waiting for the issue to be solved (how long? An hour? A day? A week? A month? A lifetime? No one knows, at least, no one tells us), some folks around me are able to noble.

Rolling out a fix to the bug doesn't guarantee, or even suggest that you will be updated with your missing village. I haven't seen many bugs be fixed so far as to return a player what they are owed for their hard work.

Whether or not Crim can confirm this observation, it would be best for you to keep pushing forward under the possibility that you may not get your noble returned or village ownership acknowledged. A bug is an issue for developers to fix, a fault in game is something that the in game moderators should be able to fix on a case by case basis in the mean time (Morthy's attacking barb comes to mind) and either can't or are instructed not to.

I hate to say it, as it is entirely unfair on you and the others affected, but your choices are to power on, persist until the mods give you an answer on whether in game fixes can be achieved until the bug is fixed, or quit and try another world, or even another game.

From what I see, the word "Beta" is Inno's big "out" for many arguments, using it to dodge the questions of what is unfair for players to endure while they roll out a very incomplete "sequel" to a game that should have had plenty to copy over from.

DeletedUser904

Yatogami,

The reason I am posting this many times to this many places is precisely to push those responsible to do something. I have no clue myself how a compensation could work in these cases, the least is to reinstate the fact of the nobeling. I still got the report, I assume so do the others.
Calling a game Beta is funny, but the same terms and conditions apply to this game than to all other InnoGames products, so it could even be called TW Scam version, legally this does not change anything. They are deceiving their customers.

DeletedUser

As ironic as it sounds, this issue illustrates to me that they should suspend accepting payment for crowns. What they should do is provide crowns to players pro bono so as to determine how crown usage affects game mechanics and world development. That is the true nature of beta testing. This genre of game requires more hands on beta testing from a larger population, I think, than many other pc or console type games where the beta testing can be done more structured in isolation in-house. I must say though, this beta testing would likely be called alpha testing by most software development companies.

DeletedUser

Yatogami;n7745 said:
From what I see, the word "Beta" is Inno's big "out" for many arguments, using it to dodge the questions of what is unfair for players to endure while they roll out a very incomplete "sequel" to a game that should have had plenty to copy over from.

It is a slap in the face, though. In the Software Development Lifecycle, a "Beta" release (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwar...ife_cycle#Beta) is feature complete. That means, when a piece of software is released as Beta, every feature intended to be in the official release is there and in a Complete state. Beta is meant to hash-out quality assurance issues. This "Beta" argument is such drivel it is insulting to Software Developers everywhere.

This is not a beta. This is a pre-Alpha development branch in which new and experimental features are added at a rapid pace. The fact that InnoGames markets this product as a feature-complete beta and accepts customer payment without any warning is gross negligence. If AndrisBandris decides to move forward with his/her legal action, I would be most interested in participating as a Class Action lawsuit.

I, like AndrisBandris, feel cheated out of my hard-earned money.

P.S: I also would like to add that on en.tribalwars2.com running version 1.3.1 sometime in this month of November this nobling bug caused me to quit. My last noble attack (6 hour away active target) with a large chunk of O got "stuck" against the village for more than 13 hours without so much as a response from Support. Logging in 20 hours after this showed my army walking home, having only dropped loyalty from ~33 to who gives a crap, instead of the ~8 loyalty on what should have been my new village). That was the straw that broke the camel's back and it is shocking to find this thread, indicating the issue with nobles has existed and has been reported a long time before my experience.

DeletedUser

George Bush;n10209 said:
About money? Yes... Yes we do.

I think I am not even going to try to fix the idiocy contained in this post, just walking away......

Besides, the bug is getting fixed tomorrow anyways, get your huffy puffy american "I will sue everybody" mentality out of here, no ones cares for it.

DeletedUser486

I'm not disagreeing with you George, and by all means you should keep pushing, I was merely offering advice and options for gameplay based on what is currently happening. I have been very lucky so far in that my 20 or so player conquers have all been successful with no loss of nobles or village.

DeletedUser1023

And this is still happening, 2 of my tribe members have nobled AoW villages in the last 24 hours (after smashing through defences) without gaining ownership. ?Tickets were sent and apparently the issues are 'resolved'. Well, no they aren't - either replace the nukes or give us the villas. Its not rocket science. Its getting beyond a joke - it is any surprise that some members of AoW are friendly with the devs? Coincidence? Idk

How are we supposed to win a war when reducing the loyalty to -17 doesn't result in a change of ownership?