• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Newie here - about being attacked...

DeletedUser

I'm a long time player of Forge of Empires, so I thought I'd give this game a try.

I've been looking for details about being beaten in battle, but I can only find a few references. Am I right in thinking I can lose my village and get sent back to the start? If so, I'm not sure I'm going to bother spending much time building up my village just to lose it all.

What am I missing here?

DeletedUser

You're missing the fact that you can defend yourself and/or attack enemies before they attack you.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the reply.

I'm guessing that eventually someone will come along with enough firepower to overcome even strong defenses then - POW - you're back to square one. Is that right?

DeletedUser

No, as it is in real world, attacker needs a bigger army than the defender to get through (eg. wall bonus). Plus, in this version of the game, there is a hospital that helps the defender even more.

DeletedUser

Yes, but if you're spending gold, or just able to be online a lot, eventually you'd be able to overcome my defenses? If not, what is meant by being sent to the rim?

DeletedUser

You get sent to the rim when you lose all villages, not just the army. But yes, eventually, someone get build stronger army and noble your village over.

DeletedUser

buying and using crowns does Blythe give someone THAT much of an advantage though. If using crowns to automatically build troops were possible, then I would say they have an advantage. This game stresses dependency on a tribe for protection, I would expect rogue players to have a rough time protecting themselves. Just my opinion on things.

DeletedUser

my phone won't edit...replace Blythe with automatically above...stupid auto correct

DeletedUser

Praeceptor;n1865 said:
Thanks for the reply.

I'm guessing that eventually someone will come along with enough firepower to overcome even strong defenses then - POW - you're back to square one. Is that right?

Yes this is exactly correct Praeceptor.

DeletedUser

warmaster;n1901 said:
buying and using crowns does Blythe give someone THAT much of an advantage though. If using crowns to automatically build troops were possible, then I would say they have an advantage. This game stresses dependency on a tribe for protection, I would expect rogue players to have a rough time protecting themselves. Just my opinion on things.

In it's current form it is Inno's most Play To Win game format yet. That being said warmaster is partially correct. The real hiccup in any game like this is trusting people to play with and chances are money hangs out with money so the tribe dependency is even a greater boost to the P2W once they join forces to "weed" out the non-paying, and disenfranchised players they will ultimately have to turn o n themselves to see who reigns in this highly unbalanced P2W.

However if you like the challenge of trying to swim with the sharks and survive it's a great game to test your skills, just don't expect to be on the leader board, and be packed up and ready to restart at any moment.

"Fair thee warned, be thee says aye".

Wil

DeletedUser

i don think tw2 is that p2w based, the most useful feature would be the instant rebuild and instant trade in my opinion, but the game already gives you a few crowns at start and also some of the premium items that you can use at the start. In early-game i believe using crowns would give a considerable advantage in comparison to those who don't use them, but I can't see it being much of a game breaking influence in the mid-late game.

in tw1 it was virtually impossible to efficiently manage your account without premium, in the sense 99.9% of players HAVE premium in the mid-late game in tw1 and the 0.1% who don't eventually quit when hammered by a couple thousand fake attacks.

Furthermore, the "huge" advantages in the game come at a relatively reasonable price, for 20 euros you get 1,000 crowns, and i'd say that is more than enough to need early on if you're a smart spender. I don't see how crowns effect the fact that strategy and skill is needed to succeed in the game, and as said earlier a well coordinated and active team of non-spenders can stand up to heavy spenders mainly cause the advantages are not battle breaking, and you''re not given "free" resources/troops/buildings like other games do.

In short, the premium features are somewhat balanced in tw2 i find, but who knows maybe as i experience the game more i'll have a change of heart on that.

DeletedUser

Praeceptor;n1865 said:
Thanks for the reply.

No if you have built up your armies, joined a good tribe, learned the game mechanics. Then you will be the one delivering the punch that sends them to the rim..... Its a war game, some you win and some you lose, the fun is in the trying........

As for crowns, if you HAVE to be no1 then you will spend them but if you just want to play and see what happens you don't. Its perfectly possible to have a great time and go far in the rankings with out it costing, it just depends on the level of effort you put in.

DeletedUser

Been playing this open Beta pretty much 24/7 without spending (waiting to see if it's worth it when out of Beta launches).

Up to this point I see that within the first 12 hours it's pretty balanced for growth then for the next few days I see those players
paying shoot right up. I was in the top 800 a few days ago. I was climbing steadily. I'm barely staying within the 1000 mark now
and losing ground by the hour. It's clear P2W are going to flourish.

Once you spend your building queue bonuses from quests they remain in that village NOT your account. Which means the hard
work of those players reaching the quests and not paying will be handing over the village they worked so hard at, and then get their
building queue bonuses as well. Once rimmed you'll be starting with only 2 building queue slots again, and no quests to get
them back.

So many more reasons this is the highest P2W Inno system to date, but it's not released yet, so let's see if the devs will help
level the playing field a bit before full launch takes place.

Wil.

DeletedUser

You are meant to get buildoing slots back if you lose a villa and you had extra one in it.

DeletedUser

Guys, I'm arond 20th[SUB] (14th when I went to sleep, 22th when I woke up) [/SUB]in the ranking now and I only used the 50 crowns we got at the start and free stuff we got from tutorial. Either crowns don't give you that much of an advantage or only a few people use them.

DeletedUser

I know the feeling, there is no way in the world that I could ever advance in this game in this world, I have only been playing a week and was sick for 4 days of that and not online and already my walls have been smashed back to zero quite a few times, 4 times a day at times, I spent a whole day building up my wall, barracks and headquaters, as well as building armies, am getting hit by 2 players on a constant basis who are 600% bigger than myself in points giving my city no chance to rebuild or build troops - I am leaving the world Alnwick and trying the other, if I cannot survive a little better I will quit the game altogether and concentrate on my FOE which at least circulates hoods to keep players at a same age together in a way.