• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Morale and Paladin

DeletedUser

I have a statue level 5, a Chapel, and my paladin with attacking troops....they attacked at 38%? I thought that would be more like 100% (=\- luck)......any idea why not

DeletedUser486

Hover your mouse over the fighting strength and it will show you all the variables that calculated the percentage.

DeletedUser

that is handy to know.......total = 38%
Faith = 100%, Morale 41%, Misfortune 8%, Officer 100%..........for total shown above of 38%

Raises more questions...
1) How is total modifier calculated
2) Do i need a church in source province - or is destination province (for battle more relevant) ? i thought the idea of the paladin was to negate this?

so now i can see the resulting numbers....but what contributes to these?

DeletedUser

For the battle, the province from where the troops were sourced has a chapel in it....but no church. In the destination province i have no church or chapel...

DeletedUser486

You need a church in the Province you are fighting in to fight at 100% Faith.

Faith: Determined by the chapel/church presence in the province. With Faith the modifier for this variable is 100%, without Faith the modifier is 50%
Morale: This is the morale of your troops based on your points vs your target (this is the most relevant part of your modifier) 41% tells me you are much, MUCH larger than your target, your troops fight at a weaker strength to give smaller players a greater chance,
Luck: This can randomly affect the fighting effectiveness of your troops by as much as +/-25%
Officer: If you use an officer called the Grandmaster, it will boost your fighting strength by 10%, otherwise, it remains fixed, and doesn't affect the outcome, as the other 3 do.

Low morale, and an unlucky roll of the luck die meant your troops fought at almost a third of their potential strength. Your Paladin still allowed your troops to fight with faith, it was fighting a smaller player that cost you.

DeletedUser

Yatogami;n24499 said:

Faith: Determined by the chapel/church presence in the province. With Faith the modifier for this variable is 100%, without Faith the modifier is 50%
Morale: This is the morale of your troops based on your points vs your target (this is the most relevant part of your modifier) 41% tells me you are much, MUCH larger than your target, your troops fight at a weaker strength to give smaller players a greater chance,
Luck: This can randomly affect the fighting effectiveness of your troops by as much as +/-25%
Officer: If you use an officer called the Grandmaster, it will boost your fighting strength by 10%, otherwise, it remains fixed, and doesn't affect the outcome, as the other 3 do.

Low morale, and an unlucky roll of the luck die meant your troops fought at almost a third of their potential strength. Your Paladin still allowed your troops to fight with faith, it was fighting a smaller player that cost you.

Isn't the range -15 to +15%?

DeletedUser

Yatogami;n24499 said:

I just defended a village.....WITH my paladin present....BUT faith was at 50% not 100% as you indicated above....

DeletedUser

Paladin had no impact when defending.....he was equipped with +30% to spearmen....to no avail.....he provided no faith bonus...

DeletedUser

do i remember reading correctly that if you build a level 5 church somewhere that your troops get 100% faith everywhere?

DeletedUser486

My breakdown of the previous report was from the perspective of an attacker, and if I indicated that a Paladin provides a faith bonus whilst defending then I am sorry, that was not my intention and the Paladin does not provide faith whilst defending, only on the attack.

There is no such thing as a level 5 church to provide faith everywhere, churches build to level 3, and allow 5% boost to troops fighting strength INSIDE the province for level 2 and another %5 for level 3. From what I read on the wiki regarding Kingdom endgame plans (which may change as devs hash out ideas and work on it) A King might assign an office to a player in his tribe that allows them to attack at 100% everywhere, this isn't an active feature however, and may still change.

DeletedUser

It would seem Paladin weapon also had no impact when defending

DeletedUser486

The Paladin weapon doesn't noticeably change any percentages or anything because the weapon only affects one troop type at a time, though it SHOULD still boost that troop type regardless of faith. If you are certain that the calculation wasn't on the level, please create a support ticket with a screen shot of the report, favourite the report in your reports folder and ask for the in game moderation team to investigate for you.

DeletedUser

If i capture a village, build a church in it....and then ask for help from my allies in defending it....
WHEN we are attacked, will ALL troops defending it have faith bonus from my church. OR will my allies troops (who DO NOT have a church in the province - only me) fight at 50% faith

DeletedUser

I had 8000 spearmen, and a paladin with +30% spearmen weapon.....how do you create a support ticket?

DeletedUser486

Whilst defending a village, all troops fight for you, and their faith is reliant on your church.

The link is at the top of the page, or you can click >>>here