• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Massive tribes?

DeletedUser

I've never played TW1 but I have played tons of MMOs and I'm surprised about the mentality of the players I've encountered so far. I joined the game a few days ago, decided I would wait a bit before joining a tribe. I quickly noticed most people around me are all members of the same tribe (and these are new players since they started in my area), two days ago, that tribe had 82 members. Today, it has 114 members. They're just spamming invites and most people accept their invitation. I tried looking for another tribe in my area but there's none. Having led a few guilds in various MMOs, I decided to create a tribe, who knows, maybe there's people like me who don't want to join a lemmings tribe as soon as they start playing the game but like me, they didn't find any other tribe around them. So I sent a few invites, talked with a few people, most of them just ignored me, the rest politely declined.

My question is, is this the norm in the TW community? I know it's a war game and people need protection but where's the fun and the challenge in joining such tribes as a beginner? Is it different at a higher level or should I expect this kind of monopoly throughout the whole game?

Before anyone says "join them or die", I have no problem losing my castle, I will lose my protection in a few hours and I'm ready to fight, I was just expecting something different, lots of tribes fighting for early power, not a quarter of the map belonging to the same factory-like tribe.

Cheers.

DeletedUser486

As the game is still in Beta there is a LOT left to be "fine tuned". A LOT.
5 worlds released, all with the same settings, and the settings for tribes is currently a max member limit of 200.
On classic, there were much more decent tribe limits, and with conditions that only one tribe could ever win, but you would still see ridiculous alliances to claim 200 players under one banner.

TW2 has a much more increased build time, it takes longer to do anything, so much so that players don't want to risk losing their first castle, they will quite happily join the local Mass recruiter and sit there until they become bored and quite, leaving the persistent in that tribe to grow fat off these players.

The slower game pace also means it is taking longer for the tribes to thin out as players quit and get eaten. For any decent wars to break out.
I don't like tribes that recruit their area, that wait for the easy dominance and then proclaim themselves expert warriors. It is lazy, and wholly unimpressive.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the answer.

I have a few questions not related to tribes if you don't mind (couldn't find the answers on the Wiki and on forums)

1/ When do I know someone is attacking me, is it right when he sends his troops or when they get close to my village?

2/ Should I send my offensive units to some random barb when I'm not playing? (so they're not wasted in case someone attacks me)

3/ When defending, the attack value of my units is not included in the calculation of the battle right? (sorry if that sounds stupid but I want to be sure)

Thanks.

DeletedUser486

1. As soon as he sends troops, you get an icon pop up, same for support.

2. Ehhh tough question, I guess so in case you manage to come on in time to retaliate, but at your first village if someone is going to attack you, it is ususally to noble you and you might not be able to do anything anyway. Sensible choice would be to have your troops away in case some fool attacks you before they can noble you.

3. Correct.

DeletedUser430

2. There are players on TW2 that will monitor your points gain to see when you are most active. Here's a question for you to help you answer your question. How would you feel if you woke up to only see that someone took out your whole offense? There are some players that know other players send their troops out at night so they will try and swoop in for an easy village. The best advice I would give is to NEVER allow a threat in your yard. Most players don't want to attack in another province knowing they will lose a greater % but if you allow them to grow with your province then your village too becomes "eye" candy. Sorry I just woke up from nap lol.

DeletedUser

As slow as this world is, troops are worth 4x their cost in resources lost. I'd much rather someone raid my village while I sleep and my troops are out overnight farming, losing all but the 2.5k resources, than to wake up and find out I just lost 96 hours of LC recruitment.