• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Just rams

DeletedUser300

Hello I'm today asking here If just rams can blow up the wall to very low, idc about ram losses, I think the numbers i save by sacrificing 200+ rams will be worth it.

So yes or no? can you jsut wipe walls for next attack? Enemy is ianctive so no worries about reinforcements or that kind.

DeletedUser486

Rams require troops to accompany them or they become useless, essentially. Same with nobles.

DeletedUser300

But but but! will they bring the walls down without the accompanying troops? don't want to sacrifice my entire nuke if I jsut gotta lose all my rams, thats jsut 1 day repairing.

DeletedUser300

Oh my bad I see now in the sim, Then ill leave him there... No use to waste my best nuke to clear soembody a basher woudl do with half...

DeletedUser

Cheesasaurus (UK Admin) did a statistical breakdown on siege weapons for the original game...i doubt INNOGAMES re-paid Dev's to do the original math so i expect the game mechanics (as far as the original units are concerned) will be the same here.

219 is the correct amount of rams to send at a target. There's a two hour long thread about it on the TW1 forum...not sure if it has been changed but that's what i stick to anyway.

Join an idiot tribe in the future and i'll let you see the full summary (if you cannot find the thread ;))

Jas

DeletedUser486

Cheesasaurus (UK Admin) did a statistical breakdown on siege weapons for the original game...i doubt INNOGAMES re-paid Dev's to do the original math so i expect the game mechanics (as far as the original units are concerned) will be the same here.

219 is the correct amount of rams to send at a target. There's a two hour long thread about it on the TW1 forum...not sure if it has been changed but that's what i stick to anyway.

Join an idiot tribe in the future and i'll let you see the full summary (if you cannot find the thread ;))

Jas
I have observed that rams work differently in that they are affected by fighting strength. I had one report of a considerable win, but my 250 rams only lowered the wall to 10 as I was affected by morale. This changes things...219 is no longer a magic number when you are fighting smaller targets.

DeletedUser

I'm trying to remember...maybe i will be corrected but...couldn't rams only lower the wall by half when fighting troops?

Maybe that's why it was dropped to 10. I'm sure that was the case but i'm not reading through the whole thread on TW1 to find out..lol

Jas

DeletedUser1666

i sent 500 rams with 500 pults 800 of each cav and about 350 zerks wall was reduced from 20 - 0 in the first sitting

DeletedUser

i sent 500 rams with 500 pults 800 of each cav and about 350 zerks wall was reduced from 20 - 0 in the first sitting

What were you hitting? That's a lot of population...

Post up the report, mate. ;)

Jas

DeletedUser

This "edit timer" thingy is a nightmare...lol It will cause havoc if anyone does any long PNP posts.

I did a few simulations of your attacking force, BOW. The results are good and bad, mate. :

Sending it against a less than half DEF force of just :

3000 Sp
2900 Sw
2500 Arch

It dropped the wall from 20 to 1. However, if you didn't send the 500 cats, it would still have dropped it to 4. (how long does it take to re-build those 4 early wall levels...less than 30 mins i think)

Sending my smallish ax force (as it's usually more than the 6000) of:

6000 Ax
2700 LC
300 MA
219 Rams

I dropped the same wall with the same def troops from 20 to 4 as well. NOW...you may think that i have to recruit the 6000 Ax so yours is better overall, however, what if i tell you that:

ALL your very expensive and time consuming troops died and i lost less than half of my force to gain the same result. Dah Dahhhh. :)

The GOOD news is that Yato is correct. The wall levels do drop substantially more than i thought (half) although i think i'll still stick to 219 being the magic number. :)

Jas

DeletedUser1666

I do agree with everything you have stated.. Mine hit an offence force as the person moved the def out .. Not sure why 1 would do that lol but they did ..
And yes with an opposing defencive force of 3000 spear sword and arch, Yeah i would of been toasted.. would not even broke the wall im thinking.. the catapults didnt even hit the wall on my report...

Not sure how to link a full report from game to here so i did it my way ...

http://gyazo.com/b83bc7608cfbb4049ab7fbfcbacd5b81

http://gyazo.com/e2ec4bdb6e75dc7a022fc7bc36127b84

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So 500 rams maybe overkill but it demolished the wall without the aid of the catapults..

DeletedUser

Hahaha...Hopefully more players defend with offensive troops. :)

You still would break the wall...even better than my force...but it would cost you all your attacking force. That's the problem, mate.

It's not just destroying the enemy...it's doing it with the least possible damage to yourself imo.

Jas

DeletedUser1666

yeah thats a issue but if the force doesnt do significant damage ive noticed the walls dont come down as you would think... This ive yet to check out properly.. so if anyone can answer if thats actually true..

DeletedUser1666

yh i use that sometimes - i found there was another 1 that i found absolutely spot on i think the name was woodacre.. but its been taken off the net

i used to swear by that 1 .. was v good..

DeletedUser2033

I believe rams now attack twice in TW2 - once before everything else, then once at the end. In TW1 the magic number was about 220 rams but I think they work a little different here with the second attack. Not sure where I read this... perhaps a comparison in Tw1 and Tw2 simulators may show a difference, assuming the simulators accurately reflect the combat calcs.. there is quite a long video on Youtube explaining the order of combat.

DeletedUser

In both games rams serve two functions. They lower the wall bonus during the attack, and they demolish wall levels at the end of the attack. The difference between the two is that in TW2 the amount the wall bonus is lowered is not a fixed amount, but rather it is a function of the relative strengths of the attacking and defending armies.