• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Increase arrival time ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1237
  • Start date

DeletedUser1237

Large groundsThis research will increase your discipline by 33%. Discipline increases your army arrival time estimation.

Why would you want to increase your arrival time ? would you not want your army to move faster , rather that slower?

DeletedUser16

Discipline increases your army arrival time estimation. Your will get more accurate information on how much time your troops will travel towards your target.

DeletedUser1237

OK thank you. I still don't understand it.
? So before that the estimation isn't accurate ? Maybe the wording should reflect what it is. "increases the accuracy of the arrival time estimation."
I still don't get it, this is a useless upgrade.

How about the deciever, slows army to noble speed ? Why slow your army ?

DeletedUser16

Explanation in detail:

UpcC9GU.png

In blue color you can see my arrival time estimation.

In red color is my discipline.

In this case my arrival time estimation is 17:17:37 and my discipline is +/- 2 seconds which means that my attack, from point when I click send attack, can arrive 2 seconds early (17:17:35) or two seconds late (17:17:39). By researching all 3 levels of discipline you get 99% accuracy which means that your estimation would be to the points and your discipline in this case would be +/- 0 seconds and my attack would arrive in exactly like estimated (17:17:37).

If you are an experienced player (there is nothing wrong if you're not and you can always contact me if you need help) you would know that these two seconds can mess up your noble train, your clearing attacks coordinated with your tribe mates etc. So basically it is worth having the most accurate arrival time estimation you can have.

If you still don't understand please point precisely what do you not understand so I can try and explain it to you even better.

EDIT:
I forgot to answer about the deceiver. It is useful if you want to fake a noble attack.

DeletedUser

It is all guess work, the +/-s does not really mean anything, the only time a tribe can work even close together is if they are all from the same country as some people are reluctant to agree on a set time format ie GMT etc as there is no server clock to work to, and, if i set a noble train going and tell my tribe what time it arrives, gaurenteed i can look 20min later and the train arrives 10 seconds after i told my tribe mates, and that ten seconds gives a big gap for a target to fill the village with troops avoiding the clearing troops completely.

DeletedUser3988

Above post was two years old. I guess the discipline +/- s accuracy is not changed still ? My experience is that the accuracy varies even 15 sec. and mostly to - direction. I play from GMT+2 while server is GMT+0 time.

DeletedUser4323

Speed and Discipline explained:
https://en.wiki.tribalwars2.com/index.php?title=Battles#Speed_and_Discipline
Other things that affect speed are the Deceiver (drops the army's speed to that of the nobleman) and the Tactician (raises the army's speed to that of the light cavalry).
When you have a statue at level 2 you can research forced march which makes all your troops move at the same speed as the Paladin.
All of this affects accuracy, and some of these may be new to someone playing two years ago.
All worlds now have a server clock so attacks and defenses can be coordinated by tribemates. There will always be variability in the timing - even in terms of a minute or so - because the armies ape real armies which move at variable speeds depending on various factors.

DeletedUser3016

Even with a full level 25 barracks, which is supposed to give a 100% discipline bonus, meaning that there shouldn't be any differentiation between attacks, it still hits with +/- 5 seconds of when you want it to. It makes launching trains etc really really difficult to get them there on the right times etc, and is actually different to what is explained in the game.
Some people are actually paying for this upgrade to get 100% discipline using the 'buy technology' function and it's literally doing them nothing.

DeletedUser1914

I honestly dont bother trying to get a nuke and noble within seconds of eachother.....Its not worth the risk of the server giving me the middle finger and sending my nuke/s after my nobles.Its rediculous and another reason en25 is my last world.

DeletedUser4323

Even with a full level 25 barracks, which is supposed to give a 100% discipline bonus, meaning that there shouldn't be any differentiation between attacks, it still hits with +/- 5 seconds of when you want it to. It makes launching trains etc really really difficult to get them there on the right times etc, and is actually different to what is explained in the game.
Some people are actually paying for this upgrade to get 100% discipline using the 'buy technology' function and it's literally doing them nothing.
I would strongly suggest putting in a ticket.

DeletedUser3016

I would strongly suggest putting in a ticket.
In the year that I was a game moderator, and a Senior Moderator here, this was never addressed even after multiple times that it was referred to 3 different CM's and an LCM. The liklihood that it will be fixed anytime soon is slim, however I have found that things are better addressed when an open discussion is held upon the forum, as this issue has been going on for so long now that the liklihood that getting any more supporting tickets for this matter would be slim to none, and the issue would get forgotten again.

DeletedUser4323

In the year that I was a game moderator, and a Senior Moderator here, this was never addressed even after multiple times that it was referred to 3 different CM's and an LCM. The liklihood that it will be fixed anytime soon is slim, however I have found that things are better addressed when an open discussion is held upon the forum, as this issue has been going on for so long now that the liklihood that getting any more supporting tickets for this matter would be slim to none, and the issue would get forgotten again.
Okay. But then, would this not be better suited to the Bugs area of the forum? Because that's how it's sounding to me - that this is a bug.

DeletedUser2847

A long time ago we got the answer that the Devs wants the game to be more casual then tw1 is. So this is probably not any bug its most likly coded so it is some timegap between landing time.

DeletedUser3016

The time gap is wrong though, that's the point :p The time gap is meant to be as documented, however it is more. It can be with a lower level barracks as high as a plus or minus 10 seconds of landing time, meaning that you could end up having a 20 second gap between nukes and nobles :p

DeletedUser3726

I understand why they don't want 400 ms train like in tw1, but with 99% discpline your attacks can still be 5s shorter than the estimation. I believe it is not the first time it was said, as said andy, so I kinda gave up on that...

I honestly dont bother trying to get a nuke and noble within seconds of eachother.....Its not worth the risk of the server giving me the middle finger and sending my nuke/s after my nobles.Its rediculous and another reason en25 is my last world.

and another reason en25 is my last world *pressing the imaginary "Dislike" button :(