• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Inactiver Accounts - When do they go barb?

DeletedUser2079

Or can really active people with all the time and world keep them and use them to help attack til the world ends?

DeletedUser486

If an account has no player at all, they enter the inactivity period after one month, and lose villages to barbing a day at a time.
If an account is being kept active then it avoids the inactivity setting, but there are rules to be mindful of, of course it doesn't hurt to check with the server's CM to be sure of what they will accept.

DeletedUser2185

I presume you are asking about CO-OP'ing and playing those accounts to not allow them to go barbs, is that correct?

DeletedUser2079

so some dude can co-op accounts and keep that account alive until end game? that sucks... dont they remember that was a massive flaw in tw1 until they got rid of it?

DeletedUser2185

There are rules:

1. You can CO-OP with someone as long as both you play the account and have it advance and progress individually of your main account.

2. If the owner ever leaves you either stop playing it and letting it go Barb; or you can noble it if they allowed you to do so.

3. It is not allowed to push accounts (ie. Having multiple CO-OP's to further the advancement of your main account)

DeletedUser2369

There are rules:

1. You can CO-OP with someone as long as both you play the account and have it advance and progress individually of your main account.

2. If the owner ever leaves you either stop playing it and letting it go Barb; or you can noble it if they allowed you to do so.

3. It is not allowed to push accounts (ie. Having multiple CO-OP's to further the advancement of your main account)
Hi canibal,
Can you point me to where these rules are spelt out officially?
I have not seen these, and I know lots of players breaking rule 2. Most often the excuse will be "i wasnt sure if they were coming back or not"

DeletedUser2754

I always loved the stupidity of implementing rules that are impossible to check.

This pseudo rule makes no sense. If you guys really want that to happen, don't make a rule, simply implement a thing where, if the real player behind the account doesn't login for 1 month, whoever has the coop will loose the coop sending a message to the cooping player, 1 week before this happening. And another month after that the account goes barb.

To me, it's the same, one way or the other as long as it is the same for everybody.

DeletedUser2185

Hi canibal,
Can you point me to where these rules are spelt out officially?
I have not seen these, and I know lots of players breaking rule 2. Most often the excuse will be "i wasnt sure if they were coming back or not"

That is rule 7 of the Players rule (broken down in Mod Interpretation). The rules you see for the game are vague; we interpret those rules via guidelines we have; for accounts that are co-played that is what it boils down to.

I always loved the stupidity of implementing rules that are impossible to check.

This pseudo rule makes no sense. If you guys really want that to happen, don't make a rule, simply implement a thing where, if the real player behind the account doesn't login for 1 month, whoever has the coop will loose the coop sending a message to the cooping player, 1 week before this happening. And another month after that the account goes barb.

To me, it's the same, one way or the other as long as it is the same for everybody.

It goes the same for everyone; no one would be absolved if we found this happening; but as mods we are the final word and interprets of the rules.

DeletedUser2369

Thanks for the clarification.
Im gonna be a prick for a moment here and be pedantic on rule 7.
It is forbidden to use one or more accounts that solely exists to advance the progress of another account.
In those rules, the "solely" is put in bold. I know that many players you try to enforce the earlier rules on coop will argue that the accounts dont exist solely to advance their account, but also in case the player comes back as they never said they were leaving.

Now stopping being a prick, and clarifying because I like to be clear on whats expected of me;
I recently got an earfull for internalling a player that was inactive for 4 weeks without warning and without a coop, and the guy was seriously offended. If we had coop, where would be the line between "he might come back" and "its safe to assume hes gone for good"
I also coop another account that i *think* isnt logging in but they set me as a coop in case they couldnt log in, and thats the last i was certain they had logged in. How can I know that they havent logged in for so long and that I have been breaking your rule 2

As for hibakusha's comment, i think they were more trying to point out that it is virtually impossible for you to enforce this rule unless someone reports someone else doing it. And suggesting that innogames could add some functionality to enforce it for you.

DeletedUser2185

"Solely" is not defined; but Moderator rules (which you are not aware of because you are not a mod) do define it; and its broken down to how I said it earlier.

As for how we catch Multi's that I cannot say; but what I can say is that I am always watching the in-game worlds; its part of my job as Senior Mod. We are always present and watching. Just don't break the rules and you will be fine.

DeletedUser2369

Im gonna be a prick for a moment here and be pedantic on rule 7.
I do not believe any of my answers require your aggressive action of calling me a "Prick", so please show some respect and refrain from insulting members of the Support Team; last warning about that.
I got a warning for telling you I was going to be a prick? I never directed any insult at you. Only acknowledged that what i was about to say was being overly stupid.
Unless you misunderstood when I said "stopping being a prick", by which i meant that the message after it was me being reasonable, as opposed to my being overly stupid before it.

I show respect to the mods, and back you up every chance I get. Check through every other post I have made and youll see that this is always the case.

DeletedUser2185

AH! Yes, I missunderstood that and thought you meant it towards me, I was like "I wans't being mean..." lol :)

All good; no foul.

DeletedUser299

Canibal this thread and the replies to it are just a joke to be totally honest with you. On EN5 there are players being co-oped (or more likely co-played) who have been gone for months and months, and being kept alive just to keep the top tribe on top. If all the inactives disappeared as they should have by now then this tribe would be half the size.

You sound like you are on top of this somehow so explain EN5?

DeletedUser2185

I am sorry you feel things that were said here are a joke; you need to be mindful and respectful of players that share their opinions; and facts that's Mods (such as myself) inform you of.

Before I explain anything; lets get something straight; this is not a thread where I have to explain anything. I do not believe that my Modding or my methods of how I Mod need to be questioned; if you have a problem with them you may PM me or my Community Managers (Dementor or Kengi) and talk to them about that.

Now; you need to realize that the people that have the ability to hop worlds is very limited (only a few have it; < than 5) so; with the hundreds of thousands of accounts active and inactive it takes time to sort things out; because we look at a variety of factors before we make a decision on if that account is Pushing; or Cheating; or what have you.

So if you know ANYTHING; if it your duty as a player to report it to our Support System. How I catch people and what I do; is part of my job and you need to respect that I take the time to do this; this is no something that is required; I do it because I really love the game and want to make it fair to all of you. I take my Mod job very seriously; ask anyone on here.

I do apologize if I have not gotten to certain accounts or if I have skipped over them; there are a lot of things that require my attention. Now; I am open to PM's with information regarding accounts you believe are breaking the rules; let me know and I will take a look.

Does this answer questions?

DeletedUser299

I shouldn't have referred to the thread as a joke - that was an overreaction on my part, and its due to frustration with this issue.

The issue is that we, as players, cannot prove what is going on. There is no way we can know if the original player has logged in or not. There is no way we can know for sure whether a player has the login details of another player(s). So we can say all day long that this looks like what is happening but we have no way to prove anything. So to answer your question I am not willing to name accounts that I think may be doing this.

But what I want to see is a system wide purge on this stuff. I posted a suggestion previously which said that co-op should expire after a month. This won't help though, if a player has another player's log in details.

So actually to address your first point, I do think this stuff needs to be questioned, because I don't see any progress being made on it on my world, and instead I see 2 tribes with 50% inactive people who are somehow suddenly active again when you try and attack one of them. The point is that yet again there is no information being given on what exactly is being done to solve this ongoing issue.

DeletedUser894

There are rules:

Define Grammar please.
I don't understand english with no grammar..
so make the grammar the grammar of the grammar being the duration of grammar be grammar, so me and grammar understand.
Thanks in advanced..

DeletedUser1201

Hey guys, I wouldn't be getting involved since Canibal already is.. but I wanted to point something out. All information gathered from the players is collected and sent to the Developers for further review. We don't have much further information after that is done until after the CoMA's hear back from the Developers. I know it can be frustrating, but please remain as patient as possible. We value each player's thoughts, comments and ideas highly.. but it just takes time before anyone will truly see any sort of changes being made, most likely when new updates are released. I apologize and hope that we will be able to provide y'all with further information soon!

DeletedUser894

Oh i see... Canibal likes me
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) i'm going in boys ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)