• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Inactive Accounts

• Thread starter DeletedUser3864
  • Start date

DeletedUser3864

So maybe I missed it from my break after Juval. But when are inactive accounts being barbarianized?

Seriously, they've been inactive for 2+ months now, they should have gone grey after 2-3 weeks!

DeletedUser1323

At this stage there are still not enough inactive players to warrant the barbarians to start taking over. This is reviewed daily. There are specific rules we follow for the barbarian process to start. It will happen when it is ready to happen.

DeletedUser2847

Yes its very fun with a lots of 50-100p inactive villas. Cant see any reason to keep this as player villas.

DeletedUser3730

Yes its very fun with a lots of 50-100p inactive villas. Cant see any reason to keep this as player villas.

I believe the reason is the rules. Moderators cannot do things ahead of schedule, so when the right number of inactive players are reached then it will happen.
Think of all those little villages as an extra challenge in the game. If they all were big old barbs it would be too easy for the top players.

DeletedUser1594

I believe the reason is the rules. Moderators cannot do things ahead of schedule, so when the right number of inactive players are reached then it will happen.
Think of all those little villages as an extra challenge in the game. If they all were big old barbs it would be too easy for the top players.

I'm curious as to what the extra challenge is and the advantage for the bigger players, outside of larger farming hauls. I think when barbs are maxed out it now makes it harder to defend the province as there are more options for invading players.

DeletedUser3730

The extra challenge comes from balancing the quantity of res versus the speed of getting them. If everything is a big barb then farming is easy, when you have lots of little to mid size inactive villages you have to decide on how you utilise them in your farming, if at all.
When there are far more barbs around it is easier for a player to close out his province without drawing ire from his tribe mates. And your point about making it harder to defend a province when more maxed out barbs offer options for a way in, hinders the smaller player more than the larger player in my opinion.

DeletedUser1594

The extra challenge comes from balancing the quantity of res versus the speed of getting them. If everything is a big barb then farming is easy, when you have lots of little to mid size inactive villages you have to decide on how you utilise them in your farming, if at all.
When there are far more barbs around it is easier for a player to close out his province without drawing ire from his tribe mates. And your point about making it harder to defend a province when more maxed out barbs offer options for a way in, hinders the smaller player more than the larger player in my opinion.

I'm guessing we have a difference in opinion in the overall speed of the game. I think the game is to slow to begin with, having greater access to larger barbs would help overstock the players with resources that can be spent on buildings/troops/coins

I also differ on your second points, larger players expand rapidly usually jumping in far more provinces, as a rough estimate a province has ~30 villages, if the players is in 10 different provinces, that is far more villages, his own or barbs, that he has to worry about.

DeletedUser3730

As I haven't given the overall game speed much if any thought till now, I will say it must be about what I expect from a game like this. So you want more larger barbs faster, to make the game quicker and easier.
Yes larger players have more villages to worry about, but they also usually have more troops with which to react and spend more time in game than smaller players, so their reaction time tends to be less, giving the incomer less time to support the new village.

DeletedUser1594

As I haven't given the overall game speed much if any thought till now, I will say it must be about what I expect from a game like this. So you want more larger barbs faster, to make the game quicker and easier.
Yes larger players have more villages to worry about, but they also usually have more troops with which to react and spend more time in game than smaller players, so their reaction time tends to be less, giving the incomer less time to support the new village.

I'm not advocating for barbs to grow super-fast, i think the question OP was wanting to know is why after 30+ days are inactive villages still sitting there, 30 days in I guess most barbs are under 1500 pts, so these inactives will take time to mature

DeletedUser430

I'm not advocating for barbs to grow super-fast, i think the question OP was wanting to know is why after 30+ days are inactive villages still sitting there, 30 days in I guess most barbs are under 1500 pts, so these inactives will take time to mature
1. After 30 days "if" a player has not logged into an their account the it will "trigger" their account to be "set" into this phase.

What you have to understand is many players login some to do nothing therefore this resets the timer itself.

DeletedUser2847

They are not an challenge they are inactive
At this stage there are still not enough inactive players to warrant the barbarians to start taking over. This is reviewed daily. There are specific rules we follow for the barbarian process to start. It will happen when it is ready to happen.

We discuss this.