• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Espionage

DeletedUser

I've read on wiki you can defend spies with spies, as on the TW1, but it also says the enemy can not find out about being spied at all. How does that work? How many spies do you need for defence, is that 2:1 like it is on TW2 or is it random?

DeletedUser

I read somewhere that they can find out about your attack, maybe if you have got 5 spies?

DeletedUser

The thing is, I tried spying using 2 spies and they managed to gimme info but also died in the process, which seems rather odd. I don't think someone would have 4+ spies this soon into the game, so I'd like to know, how it works ;)

DeletedUser

Me too. Also, there is countermeasure (look in the tavern) that will give you some kind of fake report from your spies. So do not believe everything you hear from them.

DeletedUser28

Darddy;n827 said:
Me too. Also, there is countermeasure (look in the tavern) that will give you some kind of fake report from your spies. So do not believe everything you hear from them.

Yes, very good point. You can have maximum 5 spies in a village. In TW2 there are not tons of spies like in the original one, the focus is on the technologies. And on the armies, of course.

DeletedUser

So you do not need to have 5 spies if you have tavern 12 (countermeasure Exchange) and still the enemy scouts will fail?

I think it is like, if you have got even one spy in your village you can still use countermeasure if outnumbered..
If you have got more spies than enemy scouts, you can see them coming to your village and prepare your countermeasures differenty or disable them.
If you have got less spies, you will not see any incoming scouts not even know that you were spied but countermeasure will stil do its job.
This way there will be no way of spying another village that has got the best one "Echange". Am I right?

Another thing is, what is tavern level 13-15 for? For HP and faster recruitment? Or is it related to successful countermeasure or anything?
But after reading this:

"The only way to defend against spies that are attacking your village is to have spies in your village yourself. They can uncover and defeat the arriving enemy spies."

I finally think that if you have got more spies in your village, you can kill more enemy spies incoming.
"You can also use countermeasures to deceive enemy spies. These are more likely to happen than a complete wipe of the enemy spies."

But it looks like you can not kill spies and countermeasure at once.

When can I recruit my 3rd, 4th and 5th spy?

DeletedUser

I think countermeasures are a spy-independent ability of the Tavern itself. But I have no data to support this.

DeletedUser

It's largely random. Also countermeasures don't always trigger just because they're activated.

DeletedUser

What is countermeasure chance? If it is random, even 5 vs 5 spies can have different results.

DeletedUser

So exactly how does counter-measure work?

Is there a chance factor involved?

Does having more spies than the attacker actually have any bearing on the outcome your counter-measures?

DeletedUser

when your village is spied on why does the report not show where the spys were sent from. i had 2 spys in vill ,was spied on , lost 1 spy but no where does my report show whom sent the spies?

DeletedUser528

in closed beta it would show who spied on you if you killed the spies. I was spied last night and the only thing the report shows is that both of my spies survived. That alone tells me I won but nothing about the attacker.
Also, while I am on my soap box, I spied someone the other day, both of my spies died, yet I got a report of the players troop counts. How? With both of my spies dead who brought back the report?

DeletedUser

Where can I find out where my spies are going? How can I stop/kill where I sent my spies if they are not going where I wanted them to go or how many I wanted to send?