• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

EN 20 [Night Bonus]

DeletedUser3635

For those of you unaware of the feature on this new world, we have a NIGHT BONUS, no not more points, it is a Defensive Boost, which operates each night between 12.05 am and 06.05 am. [Default setting].

The WIKI says this:-

On some worlds, there is a night bonus active for a couple of hours each day. When night bonus is activated the defender gains 100% defensive bonus.

However it will not really be effective until the BP ends on July 17th [5 days], but good to know in any case.

DeletedUser3671

On the dutch servers every server has Night Bonus. Is this different on the English servers?

DeletedUser3635

I guess so, this is the first world I have seen it on, maybe because there are more English than Dutch servers, only a guess, but maybe @andy01 or one of the other Mods can explain how often the Night Bonus is included on Worlds.
We have EN 1-20, how many have the Night Bonus feature I wonder?

DeletedUser2084

We don't have any because this is an INTERNATIONAL game server. As you can probably assume, it'd be unfair to favor one timezone or playerbase over the rest. Having eight hours of your prime time restricted to 50% attacking (not including morale etc) is basically game breaking imo.

DeletedUser3016

The EN servers do not have a night bonus. This is due to the fact that a night bonus would need to be ran globally across the server, and would effect different players in different ways. We have people who play in Europe, people who play in Australia, and people who play in America, along with many other nationalities. Night bonus would not be implemented here until it would apply to an individual user account, rather than a global scale.

DeletedUser2084

The EN servers do not have a night bonus. This is due to the fact that a night bonus would need to be ran globally across the server, and would effect different players in different ways. We have people who play in Europe, people who play in Australia, and people who play in America, along with many other nationalities. Night bonus would not be implemented here until it would apply to an individual user account, rather than a global scale.
Wait so does this world have night bonus or not? o.o

DeletedUser3671

Hmm yeah that seems fair :)

DeletedUser3635

According to my Toggle Time Line there are 2 Half Moons showing and it says NIGHT BONUS and the times shown above, can you please check this Andy01, is it a bug??

EDIT:
If you put the mouse over the first moon it says,
"start of Night Bonus Tomorrow 12.00.05 am.
The second moon says "End of Night Bonus Tomorrow 06.00.05 am"

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser2084

According to my Toggle Time Line there are 2 Half Moons showing and it says NIGHT BONUS and the times shown above, can you please check this Andy01, is it a bug??
Ooh you're right I can see that. Guess it's something that wasn't turned off when creating the world.

DeletedUser3635

Wow looks like I found a bug, albeit a programmer error, line of code, not intended to be there, "Do I get a prize"??
ha ha

DeletedUser3635

ha ha.
you are right i am sure, @sephyrx, but its active according to my timeline now, so its a pity its not 7 days time, i expect we will see a correction very soon, before those not on UK time start to complain..

DeletedUser3016

I confirmed this and also discussed why it is a bad idea to have a night mode, using the current system with a CM. They shall have it removed before any attacking of players occurs. This will not effect spiked barbarians etc, thanks for the report.

On the reward thing, it is not in my jurisdiction to give, however I will point out that you found a bug to the CM, and see if they wish to reward you sir! Thanks :D

DeletedUser2615

Spotting that saved a lot of grief for innogames. Well done

DeletedUser3669

my brother in law played in a tribe called big fish, in that world there was a bug with night bonus. tbh it went poof after a week, after he reported it. he got 50 crowns as reward. such rich man wauw :) :)
Reporto bugs for rewardos

DeletedUser3669

This should now be rectified :)

don't forget to reward him with 100 crowns atleast. the amount of grief he saved you..... 2 years ago i was doing management for a pretty large RvR game and we missed a bug so the healing from one of the classes was above 9000 when it should have been limited to 300-350 for the type of build they were running(massive fiasco) this was at release but we should have seen it coming. it cost us millions.
so give the lad a reward you can never now what bug could bring :) it might put you on the street :p

DeletedUser3016

Was forwarded on to a community manager who may or may not do that, at their discretion. From this point, that is beyond my hands :)