• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

early game tips

DeletedUser299

Whats a good number of units to aim for initially?

Should I focus on getting units up at the expense of building upgrades or vice versa?

I can't log on more than once a day - how do I make the most of the game in this scenario? I notice that farming is all manual which is a shame therefore I guess I'm reliant on generating my own resources. I notice a common recommendation is to target light cav quickly but this seems only useful if one can log on multiple times per day?

Thanks

DeletedUser

Not being able to log in multiple times each day provides challenges due to the manual input needed
to gain sources early in the game (clearly you already see that).

Other then crown spending, I suggest joining an active and supportive tribe, who are aware of your
playing time, and are willing to work with you.

I am on more the once per day, so unfortunately my experience with limited access is almost nil.

Resource base is crucial that's for sure, and I suggest a balanced upgrade and troop ratio.
(get that tavern up asap, once you get scouted it's like chumming the water for sharks), keeping
your building & troop development confidential is critical in my opinion.

I'm interested to see what others have to say on dangerousdan's dilemma.

Wil.

DeletedUser299

I would imagine my dilemma is quite a common one.

I previously played a game called Lord of Ultima, which had some innovative ways of dealing with the issue. Basically you could play for free, but if you bought the premium features 'ministers' they automated certain aspects of the game for you. So for example there was a minister which automatically repeated dungeon raids (the equivalent of barb camps in TW). You set a number of troops and the minister continually repeated that raid for you, every time the troops returned they were sent out again while you were offline.

Other ministers were the build minister, which automatically did building upgrades when resources were available, and a minister which automatically did troop recruitment. You had to set a target troop number and the minister would recruit troops while you were offline up to your target, when resources became available.

I tried TW1 for a while but found it hard due to the lack of automated features and it looks like the same will apply here. I was expecting more features along these lines in TW2 as a development from the original.

DeletedUser

lol i'm pretty sure that if an auto farming feature that you havve to pay for is implemented in tw2, 2 things will happen: 1. innogames will loose its image as a fair company in the eyes of many, 2. i'd say 50-60% of current player base will quit the game.

I despise these games like one you mention mainly cause they claim to be f2p when in reality they're purely p2p/p2w and i certainly hope tribalwars doesn't climb down that path.