• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Discipline

DeletedUser572

I'm confused about discipline. Discipline increases your army arrival time estimation but im still confused. In simple words does this increases the army speed on the map or does it make your barracks recruit faster?

DeletedUser16

It does neither of what you said :p

Basic explanation: Discipline will increase arrival time accuracy of your army.

Detailed:

Pink highlight - showing the estimated time of arrival
Red highlight - showing how much will your army fail to get there in estimated time meaning that they could arrive (in this example) 2 seconds early or 2 seconds late from the estimated time (pink highlight)

J9CqYlO.png

Each discipline technology will increase accuracy of your troops by 33%. There are 3 discipline technologies so when you have all 3 you will have 99% accuracy.

DeletedUser145

Is this efficiency in real time or computer time?

DeletedUser145

Well if its real time then 2 seconds is not much. If my cavalry were to arrive 2 seconds before my infantry, so what. Yell back and tell the infantry to march double time. A few steps and the difference is made up. But lets say its computer time and 2 seconds is 2 minutes or 2 hours. Then my cavalry arrives too early without any infantry and takes the brunt of archers. That's calculated as one battle. Now my infantry arrives with depleted cavalry that's calculated as a second battle. And so on and so no. If it is real time then it should be expressed as some higher denomination of time to get a better physical feeling of the lag between arrival time.

DeletedUser

It adds +- something to the time it takes for your army to get there. What real time or computer time do you mean? Why should it make a difference between cavalry and infanty, when you send them together?

DeletedUser16

The delay haves effect on all troops sent together in one attack.

And it is "normal" time, 2 seconds is 2 seconds as they are in real life, if you will.

DeletedUser145

There is a relative strength for each unit type. The slider shows a spearman's combat strength relative to the highest unit berserker at about 1/30 th. So just for the sake of this discussion it would take 30 spearman to bring down a beserker. I can plan my attack that way. But there is no way to figure in efficiency if it is in seconds because there is nothing to compare to. Maybe instead it should be expressed as a percentage.

DeletedUser

as said before: discipline simply modifies the accuracy of the arrival time FOR THIS ARMY. you could put trebuchets and light cav in it and they would still arrive together and fight together.

and to your combat strenth thing.
you can check the values for att and def in the unit info in the baracks or the wiki. nothing aside from moral, walls and luck modifies it.

DeletedUser145

Lago, there is something wrong with your logic. If you look at the screen capture by DementOr, if arrival time of the entire army is +/- 2 seconds who cares. And since I've been playing I've noticed its always been only a matter of seconds no matter what your efficiency or level. In the middle ages, real life, there is no way I could coordinate attacks to arrive within 2 seconds of each other.

---

For efficiency to be meaningful in this game, let's say everyone starts out with 90% efficiency, If it take an army 1 hr to arrive that means +/- 5 minutes. This would more closely reflect real life. There's a bump in the road that slows you down. Everyone heard the village had plenty of wine and beer, that would speed you up. And the arrival time could change during the trip. Half way through your horse throws a shoe. Its up hill then down hill and your infantry slows down, speeds up. This could all be randomized.

If your efficiency improved by 33% that means your at 93% efficiency and your arrival time would improve to +/- 4 minutes. Another 33% increase would put you at 95% efficiency, +/- 3 minutes. This would change how you coordinate attacks. If your both at 90% efficiency +/- 6 minutes someone would have to launch 6 minutes plus after you to arrive after you. After all you could speed up and he could slow down.

DeletedUser572

Yes i see what you mean but that is totally random. One army makes +-2 seconds to arrive. This is random, it doesn't modify anything so it's actually risky to try and co-ordinate attacks

DeletedUser

As we can't schedule the landing time of attacks, trying to organise a co-ordinated attack between multiple villages/players to arrive at a certain time would be nigh on impossible, so I don't really see why a +/- couple of second variation would matter - unless i'm missing something??

DeletedUser145

4everblue;n4041 said:
As we can't schedule the landing time of attacks, trying to organise a co-ordinated attack between multiple villages/players to arrive at a certain time would be nigh on impossible, so I don't really see why a +/- couple of second variation would matter - unless i'm missing something??

That's my point. Discipline and efficiency have essentially no effect on game play right now, If it were a matter of minutes then I could understand. Unless someone has an explanation as to why seconds is significant.

Also in my scenario above if the times I see before launching an attack are in terms of my current efficiency then +/- 6 minutes is right. But lets say its in terms of 100% efficiency. Then it should be +0/-12 minutes. I'm going to post a suggestion on that thread.

DeletedUser486

TheWizEd;n4129 said:
That's my point. Discipline and efficiency have essentially no effect on game play right now, If it were a matter of minutes then I could understand. Unless someone has an explanation as to why seconds is significant.

Also in my scenario above if the times I see before launching an attack are in terms of my current efficiency then +/- 6 minutes is right. But lets say its in terms of 100% efficiency. Then it should be +0/-12 minutes. I'm going to post a suggestion on that thread.

In the original game, attacks and defenses were timed to within the second. Milliseconds were significant. Players could sent trains that spanned 300ms, and the defenders would snipe these trains by placing defense in between the first and last attack, then attackers would start timing nukes in the same space to try to combat that.

Starting out an offensive player's main defense is back timing, this meant dodging an attack on them and timing an attack to land as soon as possible after the return of the enemy army, this also went into the milliseconds as a returning army returned ON the second, you only needed to arrive later that same second to make it unavoidable.

All these timings are dulled for this game with the removal of milliseconds and the addition of discipline.

DeletedUser

Hi guys! Just wanted to know if discipline comes into play when you cancel an order (I've heard that it did and just wanted to clarify). What I mean is, when you cancel an order, does the discipline random +/- come into play?

Hi guys! Just wanted to know if discipline comes into play when you cancel an order (I've heard that it did and just wanted to clarify). What I mean is, when you cancel an order, does the discipline random +/- come into play?
This is hard to test because of the possible lag. I would assume the answer is yes.

DeletedUser

Thanks Citrus! I was just thinking of how noble sniping would work... Without the penalty on order cancelling, it would be pretty easy for an active player to snipe endless nobles :)