• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Countering Trebuchets?

DeletedUser2635

I know this is an old thread, but I tried an attack the other day, just trying to figure out what people think. There is some discussion amongst a couple of my tribe mates with differing opinions. I normally make my bb nukes with 1k rams, so I decided to try with 2k rams
5ca21a4407.jpg

Before
0a25653538.jpg

Attack
5634230a02.jpg

After

Now obviously I realize I did not do much damage troop-wise which was expected and understood. One of my m8's thinks that ram attacks are kind of concave where there is a sweet spot and once you go above it, it actually negatively affects you because of the lack of attacking power. Curious as to what other peoples views and positions on this would be

Just to state the obvious: It was previously stated that 300 trebs counter 300 rams, which clearly is not the case.
Another thing that @Citrus has stated and I forgot to mention in my past post: About the 1300 provisions making the rams fight at full power, so you said that sending defensive units is no good as they posses weak combat power, so I guess it is axes that should be sent (axes have a combat power of 45, lets now say axes are twice stronger than the swordsmen when it comes to attacking {well they are not even twice stronger, since swordsmen have a combat power of 25}, so that would mean sending 2600 swordsmen with any given number of rams could be considered a wall breaking nuke - hmm, I doubt that, anyway, as I said before, no disrespect meant towards @Citrus

DeletedUser2635

My goal there is to take out those 160k+ troops. Sabotage is not an option, Offensive nukes is not an issue for me either. I have 200+ available. I think sending large ram nuked to drop the wall followed by ram-less nukes I should be able to take it all out
Hey shekel, while I cannot give you a accurate answer as to how many rams to send (as I also have not figured out the way they exactly work, at least not yet), I can give you a answer how to do it the most efficient way: Have the offensive wall breaking nukes build zerks and rams 24/7, that way your nukes will be built in the least possible time period, and will also be as efficient vs stacks as you can get them to be (it may be not the perfect number of rams like you required, but even tho I am not a ram player, I am sure this is the most efficient way).
Yeah I know you weren't expecting an answer like this as time is not the problem but the most efficient nuke no matter how long it takes, but I doubt anyone without the access to the test worlds (and a load of time) would be able to provide that answer to you.

Ignoring the fact that it is stupid to attack a village that has been stacked with 20 defensive villages...

In my opinion, trebs need to have their stats reduced significantly. Right now they offer defensive stats that are just over 2/3rds of a heavy cavalry unit (per unit population). This is too much on top of the fact that they already serve such a strong defensive purpose. Why do rams have a miserable combat strength, whereas trebs such high defensive strength? They are utility units and should not double as strong defensive units.

The same reason why zerks are stronger than axes, it wouldn't make a lot of sense if the "special" units (units form HoO) weren't special after all, would it?

Correction: In my 1st comment I wrote 425 LC, it is actually 325 or 326.

Last edited by a staff member:
I've been away for a while. @Kei Shirogane ; once you understand the difference between bringing down the wall bonus and the wall levels, I'll be happy to hear more of your theories :) My statements in this thread are based on hundreds of tests, although I don't have access to the mathematical formulas behind the results, thus I can't for example post an exact table on what will happen in each scenario (especially if battle is lost).

DeletedUser2635

once you understand the difference between bringing down the wall bonus and the wall levels, I'll be happy to hear more of your theories
I do understand that every Wall level gives a 5% def bonus to the def army as well as a base defense, however I don't see what that has to do with any of my comments.

If that is not what you meant, then I also understand that rams do attack twice in a battle and if they bring the wall down to lets say lvl 10, it doesn't necessarily mean that the bonus is also going to be at 50%.