• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Conquered village while troops were out

• Thread starter DeletedUser3968
  • Start date

DeletedUser3968

What will happento the troops that were out when their village was conquered?

DeletedUser3390

For clarification: This includes relocation as of 1.67 update.
Does this include relocation in what way?

1. Troops relocating towards the village are lost.
2. Troops relocating from the village to another village(so troops that already count for the other village as provisions) are lost?

Are both statements true or is only 1 of the 2 statements true?

DeletedUser1323

DeletedUser3157

Does this include relocation in what way?

1. Troops relocating towards the village are lost.
2. Troops relocating from the village to another village(so troops that already count for the other village as provisions) are lost?

Are both statements true or is only 1 of the 2 statements true?
I have seen troops relocating another village when I have conquered to original village. This is happening 2 times to me (in another language market) after this update. I doubt 2 statement is not true or there is a bug.

DeletedUser3087

I have seen troops relocating another village when I have conquered to original village. This is happening 2 times to me (in another language market) after this update. I doubt 2 statement is not true or there is a bug.
in another language market = in another language realm/world

DeletedUser1323

International (EN) Market runs on a different set of rules than the individual language markets. All of the markets are language based for the given country/market. This will be different on other languages as they do not update all things on all servers due to EN market being 24 hour (no darkness).

DeletedUser3157

International (EN) Market runs on a different set of rules than the individual language markets. All of the markets are language based for the given country/market. This will be different on other languages as they do not update all things on all servers due to EN market being 24 hour (no darkness).
update 1.65 was exactly the same there as here. but can't tell if there is differences in other rules.

DeletedUser3087

Was there a request for the units to die after a village was captured if the troops were busy relocating to another village? Makes more sense I guess, but what if troops were relocating towards the village that was being captured? Will they die too or will they be returned?
No, you are correct.. they should not be killed off while in relocation mode. We are going to make this issue aware to the Developers for you.
Troops that relocate out from a village while being captured should die, but Yes I have found that this is not always the case. Troops relocating towords a village, which then gets capture, with a train should not die but return to the village it was sent from or atleast this is my opinion
But according to the patch/ update details they should die either way

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser1323

Troops that relocate out from a village while being captured should die, but Yes I have found that this is not always the case. Troops relocating towords a village, which then gets capture, with a train should not die but return to the village it was sent from or atleast this is my opinion
The issue on why incoming relocations die is that the captured villa's provision count gets reset.

DeletedUser3833

Since relocating troops use up provisions of the target village it doesnt make any sense for them to disappear when the starting village is conquered because its not the owner of the troops any longer...but hey logic isnt the driving force around here

DeletedUser1323

Since relocating troops use up provisions of the target village it doesnt make any sense for them to disappear when the starting village is conquered because its not the owner of the troops any longer...but hey logic isnt the driving force around here
This comment does not make any sense. See my prior post, when the capture takes place the provisions get reset and all troops disappear with the new owner.

DeletedUser3087

• If a village is conquered during unit relocation the units will die. - What the update says...

DeletedUser3833

Seriously do i need to tell you how the game works?

As soon as you start relocating from VIllage A to Village B the troops will use provisions from Village B therefor should be completly indepent from village A so it doesnt make any sense for them to disappear when VIllage A gets conquered.

Or in real life when soldiers pack their things and fill up their rations to move to another village they dont care shit what happens to the village they came from anylonger..

DeletedUser1201

As soon as you start relocating from Village A to Village B the troops will use provisions from Village B therefor should be completely independent from village A so it doesn't make any sense for them to disappear when Village A gets conquered.
The provisions should not change until the troops have reached the new village that they will be stationed at (if you can provide a screen shot of otherwise, please send to Support). This is how I have seen it work when relocating my own troops.

If a village is conquered during unit relocation the units will die. - What the update says...
Exactly, this is what @jehzir has been saying.. all troops disappear and the provisions reset when a village is captured by a new player. As I stated above, the provisions should not change until after they have reached their new village and count towards those provisions. :)

DeletedUser3833

are you serious right now? the relocation screen itself shows you the remaining free provisions of the target village and how it fills up when selecting the troops to relocate..right after you press "relocate" you can check in the target village.

edit: this has been the case since it was introduced btw thats nothing "new" anymore

DeletedUser1323

The way that the relocation works is this... Villa A relocating to Villa B.

Villa A has 2000 free provisions with 3000 MA. Villa B has 8600 free provisions. You relocate 1000 MA which is 5000 provisions to Villa B. The engine will create two temporary provision variables for the transaction, which IS taken immediately from the provisons variable so you cannot exploit troops in movement. The relocating troops to Villa B will subtract the 5000 to drop it down to 3600 as a TEMPORARY variable. It will increase the Villa A to 7000 again as a TEMPORARY variable. When the relocation is completed without incident, the temporary status is removed then made the actual villa provision totals.

Pseudo Code for the temporary Provisions:
FreeTempVillaA = Villa A + Relocated provisions to Villa B (7000 = 2000+5000)
FreeTempVillaB = Villa B - Relocate provisions from Villa A... (3600 = 8600-5000)

Upon the successful completion of the relocation the formulas for Provisions Free is executed:
ProvisionsFree VillaA = FreeTempVillaA
ProvisionsFree VillaB = FreeTempVillaB