• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Battle engine tests

DeletedUser2754

Can I request a few customized tests with the battle engine?

DeletedUser2754

I would like to see the result of 19k sp + 500 rams against 8000sp + 4000ar + 4000hc
And a second test of 19k axes + 500 rams against the same defense

Max wall I assume? Hopefully a game mod will be able to test that for you. What kind of results are you expecting?

DeletedUser2754

Yes, max wall, normal faith, no officer or weapon mastery.

From what I could gather, when the offense is bigger than the defense, the rams in the attack do full damage to the walls in the bonus calculation round.
When the defense is bigger than the offense only a portion of the rams are accounted. I always assumed that this portion of active rams was calculated from the relation between in the strength of the opposing armies. But according to the reports I analyzed and decomposed, it seems that what matters is not the strength but the amount of provisions.

If this is true, it means that regarding the wall bonus you should get similar results regardless of you sending spears or axes with your rams.

DeletedUser2193

what matters is not the strength but the amount of provisions.
If this is true, it means that regarding the wall bonus you should get similar results regardless of you sending spears or axes with your rams.
*gasp.... if this is true.......... that would be.. groundbreaking.....
Yeah the biggest problem with testing the rams is luck and the wall HP differences so its hard to get accurate results.

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser2754

*gasp.... if this is true.......... that would be.. groundbreaking.....
Yeah the biggest problem with testing the rams is luck and the wall HP differences so its hard to get accurate results.
This part I can work the math, I think...

DeletedUser2193

This part I can work the math, I think...
Could you explain? I know the wall/ram topic has been discussed but it differs from people to people about how they calculate this. Are your calculations working for the Off>Def for the rams? If so mind explaining?

DeletedUser2754

I don't have all the math yet, but I do get accurate results on my homemade spreadsheet on most circumstances if I input manually the wall bonus reduction. So I think I can at least rule out those variables you quoted. I'm not sure, the results could mean something that challenges what I have, but... it's worth the try.

DeletedUser2193

Yeah I suppose luck and and the modifiers isn't the problem, but the fact that there is a range for each wall level.
For example ratio #1 gives you 30 rams fighting. ratio #2 gives 25 rams fighting but walls in both cases go down 2 lvls. It's hard to pinpoint the right variable. but i guess I just need to input more battle reports.

DeletedUser2754

That calc gives you so wrong results... I get far better results with my own calc...

DeletedUser894

That calc gives you so wrong results... I get far better results with my own calc...
That's because your faith / luck is much more different with the calculator if you dont change the settings (facepalm)

DeletedUser2193

Nope. I just compared it to actual game reports with simple. conditions on faith/luck ..etc. Even a simple troop calculations without rams and wall damage is way off there. When you add rams and wall damage it goes even more inaccurate and the wall damage is all wrong.

DeletedUser3471

New here.
But wondering if there's an accurate calculator floating around or are all the good ones in private use only?

DeletedUser2084

http://rampadc.github.io/TW2-Sim/tw2-sim.html is imo the best public sim atm. It's still not 100% because I think coca quit TW2 so hasn't really updated the fact that rams always seem to die whether the army lives or not but yeah. It's about 95% accurate which again imo, is good enough for me!

DeletedUser3471

@sephyrx Ah, thanks. 95% works for me. Can at least run our own tests and crunch some numbers in good faith that we aren't completely off-base :p