• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Attacking Mechanics

DeletedUser

Hi.

This is probably a broad question but when attacking another player I would presume you do not just send as many troops at them as you can. Do you need to send waves of different troops to arrive at certain times in order to break down their defences? I have played similar games before where this is the case. If so is there a standard or "best" wave attack pattern? Any other advise on attacking would be appreciated :)

Cheers

DeletedUser

no you just send the whole army out in here, however, you need to pay attention to using offense troops (axes, LC, MA, ram, cat) in attacking, and defense troops (spears, swords, archers, HCs) in defending. The only time when waves are used is when you want to cat down enemy building all the way, its better to use waves of small number of catapults than using all the catapults in a single attack (at least it was like that in tw1, not sure if it still applies here). And also when you want to conquer a village, you'll usually be sending waves of attacks with a single noble and some troops in them to land after your main attack which has the majority of your army to clear the defenses in the city.

So in short, TW is not really that strategy based, more like build, send them to die, build again, kinda thing... but it gets addictive (been playing since 6 years, and have quit the game at least a million times but eventually found myself back at it xD )