• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Attack Protection

I don't know if it is intentional or not, but definitely should not be the case. If you attack a barbarian village, and that village gets conquered while your troops are en route, you lose your protection the moment your troops land

sometimes true but other times it does not happen have had it go both ways i think the server actually has to update first before it counts it as a player.

Here is a quick run-down

Player A sends troops at village X after Player B sends nobles ---> Lose protection

Player B sends nobles at village X after Player A sends attack ---> Keeps protection

This is how it appears to go down as I have had it happen and not happen many times as well. It seems to work in the same way '1st timed attacks' operate, same with back timing with attacking barbarians or sending support. There are so many tiny factors I could be wrong too.

If this is part of the games mechanics it sounds unfair to me. Surely a player cannot be punished if there was no intent in his crime.
If he sends an attack to a barb whilst his village is protected he can't possibly anticipate that another player will take his target. There are no warning signals indicating the barb is being nobled.
This is especially true after Gwen has dished out nobles and any Tom Dick or Harry can noble from a 500 point villa.
Give that guy his blue condom protection back so he can shoot his nukes off without worrying about the consequences

Player A sends troops at village X (8hr journey) after Player B sends nobles (16hr journey) ---> Lose protection
|
\__The reason for this is because the server registers the incoming attack from Player B first on the barbarian, whereas
Player A's attack is registered after since Player A would be sending the attacks just before the mid-way point for Player B's noble train.

Player B sends nobles at village X (8hr journey) after Player A sends attack (16hr journey) ---> Keeps protection
|
\__The reason for this is because before the middle of
Player A's travel time-after the game has registered Player A's attack, Player B launches his nobles and although Player B's attack may land before and conquer, the village ID in game has been assigned to roll-calculate Player A's attack as though it were still a barbarian.

Now, this is all speculation from playing the game and seeing/hearing reports from other players. It is very difficult to test this due to a small sample size, cost of nobles early on, the cut-off of new players/email invites on a world, people to participate and boring/time consuming with no pay off because of how small the chances of this situation occurring are. Keep in mind too the Devs will never truly tell us, as that would give too much advantage to players. Same reason we must make our own calculators for noble predictions and rng for battle calculators. If anyone figures it out, might as well add it to a guide. Although I dislike Jhin due to his behavior I have witnessed and encountered, I advise you take a look at the guide others and himself have created about technicalities in Tribal Wars if you are still confused or have questions; it covers a lot and it may touch upon this subject. (I haven't gave it the time of day to glance over-Jhin and Co.'s guide)

If anyone figures it out, might as well add it to a guide.
As far as battle calcs go, David already explained how the battle system works. He got siege weapons wrong in the video he made, but it was very good outside of that.

For the main substance of this thread, I can't confirm that's how it works because I don't know myself, but that tracks with my experiences as well and I'm perfectly happy to accept that explanation.