• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

A little conversation for experienced players

DeletedUser572

So guys i want to start a conversation mostly with experienced players(newbies are welcome as well) from TW1 and discuss some things.

1) Let's start with recruitment. Many people did the "rush lc" tactic to farm as much as possible. But since there is only one building to recruit, is it worth getting lc only while at the same time quests can give you as far as 150 spears. So my questions is this do you prefer to keep farming barbs and let your neighbours grow or would you try split the recruitment as much as possible so you can start clearing your area as soon as possible.

2) Now is it worth clearing the area in the beginning or due to the fact that quests can give you a lot of armies it's better to focus on barbs? Cause i've scouted like 5 players that i believe they are inactive (or active once a day) and they have like 200 Defensive troops in their villages.

3) The quests have paid me a lot of building cost reduction cards. So is it worth using them in the first village to grow faster or it's better to keep them for my second village to grow that faster?

That's my 3 questions for now. Please discuss

DeletedUser299

3. I saved my build cost reduction cards for the more expensive builds. I find the build times are quite long, so its not that much of a help to use the build cost reduction anyway, unless you happen to be a tad short before bedtime and want to set a long build.

DeletedUser

Re: Q3. This is something I have been struggling with. It is very tempting to use the boost cards to build quickly and to farm more resources but perhaps the best way forward is to keep some for future villages?

DeletedUser

On Q3 - In an early world like Alnwick when the bugs are still being squished and players are still finding their feet. I guess it is best to hold off using the bonuses until you get your second and use the extra res boost, building cost and extra building slot then. In later worlds though the bonuses can be used to suit your tactics eg a premade that starts off in the centre will want its members to use most boosts on the first for fast growth. ( that's if they are dumb enough to start in the centre ;)... but hey what are vets doing playing with fluff anyway :p.

DeletedUser299

I don't agree with the starting in the centre thing. It causes bias early on.

Why not just randomly drop people anywhere on the map.

It would promote the following benefits:

* make premades less dominant
* encourage collaboration with your neighbours early on and make new friends
* stop new players getting bullied / trampled on early on
* give everybody the same chance (and room) for expansion.

DeletedUser486

Razer25;n4155 said:
So guys i want to start a conversation mostly with experienced players(newbies are welcome as well) from TW1 and discuss some things.

1) Let's start with recruitment. Many people did the "rush lc" tactic to farm as much as possible. But since there is only one building to recruit, is it worth getting lc only while at the same time quests can give you as far as 150 spears. So my questions is this do you prefer to keep farming barbs and let your neighbours grow or would you try split the recruitment as much as possible so you can start clearing your area as soon as possible.

2) Now is it worth clearing the area in the beginning or due to the fact that quests can give you a lot of armies it's better to focus on barbs? Cause i've scouted like 5 players that i believe they are inactive (or active once a day) and they have like 200 Defensive troops in their villages.

3) The quests have paid me a lot of building cost reduction cards. So is it worth using them in the first village to grow faster or it's better to keep them for my second village to grow that faster?

That's my 3 questions for now. Please discuss

1. I did rush light cav, and shouldn't have because there were points I stopped recruiting because I was building the wrong thing and maxed farm. The extra start up trooops made farming much easier and I couldn't spend the res.

2. I left my area grow, wish I hadn't with the unlimited tribes and new players to the game recruiting as many as they could in each province, I had to kill a lot of start up D to take my first village, I would guess about 15 players worth. Though my area was almost dead for a long time until these players were recruited, so it was kinda outta my hands.

3. I used the build cost just once, for the academy. I used the medic and grandmaster on each noble run to get my first village, every little helps, and boy did it help.

@Dan, the idea is to drop players randomly across the map regardless of when they join? I can see a couple of issues with that.
Firstly, it could potentially drop someone in right next to an account that has been in world for weeks already and has several villages and armies established. Not much chance for the newbie. Starting in the centre and expanding the drop zone outwards puts newly landed players together, so the competition remains largely on the same playing field.

Secondly, the maps have the potential to reach 100 kingdoms, on a 10x10 grid, with the Kingdoms divided into a random number of provinces, each producing a random number of villages. The expansion method used for dropping players ensures that you don't get dropped into an area devoid of life. TW1 rarely sees enough players for the expansion to reach the each squares on the map grid, let alone fully populate it as when it started years ago.

DeletedUser299

Yatogami;n4199 said:
@Dan, the idea is to drop players randomly across the map regardless of when they join? I can see a couple of issues with that.
Firstly, it could potentially drop someone in right next to an account that has been in world for weeks already and has several villages and armies established. Not much chance for the newbie. Starting in the centre and expanding the drop zone outwards puts newly landed players together, so the competition remains largely on the same playing field.

Secondly, the maps have the potential to reach 100 kingdoms, on a 10x10 grid, with the Kingdoms divided into a random number of provinces, each producing a random number of villages. The expansion method used for dropping players ensures that you don't get dropped into an area devoid of life. TW1 rarely sees enough players for the expansion to reach the each squares on the map grid, let alone fully populate it as when it started years ago.

See your point on the staggered start times yes. I have kind of assumed that those who are serious about a world start fairly soon after it launches. If everyone did start together then I think random drops is better (eliminates the benefit of premades). Lets face it a noob player stands little chance whether dropped in the centre or on the outskirts. At least with a random drop its simply luck where you land and you could restart to get a landing position you were happy with. Or alternatively have players starting a month in choose their own location (subject to local density rules). Regarding your point on map size then just shrink the world a little. Being devoid of life is not a bad thing, you can grow unhindered. Its a balance between world size and population density.

DeletedUser486

Not everyone plays the game to sim city their account, they are here to battle their peers from the off. Nullifying the competition kills the game./

DeletedUser299

I have no problem with battles, so give players space and make troop build quicker and travel a bit faster. There would be ways to rebalance. My main justification is to try and combat the premades, which tend to ruin games like this from what I've experienced. You end up with 2 big alliances and all the noobs get wiped out straight away and get fed up. Some smaller alliances try and give things a go but ultimately fail after umpteen merger attempts trying to gain some dominance. Its a standard formula.

DeletedUser572

Premades tend to join at the beginning of the world, usually are the best farmers and they grow faster than everyone but that's fine with me. The thing i'm not fine with is that after they grow they tend to hit other tribes nobling their good players and merging the rest of the members in their tribe. And that's when the world gets boring. They own a big percentage of the world, smaller tribes fear them so they tend to not join the wars and war by war they win the game. The one thing that people don't understand is that big wars are much more important than their stupid "area wars". Everyone is focusing in their stupid little wars while premades become stronger and stronger and at some point they say. "Omg they are in our area now" We must declare war on them and find some solid alliances to fight them. If you want to win the premades just convince the whole world to declare war on them from the beginning. Cause that is gonna be interesting especially for the premades. After all, they are online 24/7 so holding an account is not gonna be a problem.

I remember back in 2008 there were not the "premade" concept yet (at least in my server) and tribes were focusing on their areas just trying to grow bigger step by step. The game has changed a lot. I really hope they could ban premades, just for one world to remember the good old times

DeletedUser

1) once I got to lc, I would say 100-200 will do you solid for micro farming (almost always full hauls), then get some axe/rams or def if you'd like, then go for more lc.

2) all a matter of preference in my opinion. this spy mechanism is still something we are all learning, so it makes early clears somewhat difficult, not to mention morale means something now....

3) use for high level buildings for sure, or in pinch situations. always use on first city imo. cause if you get nobled out of 1 city, you're done...

as for this premades none sense, I don't see how the strategy they use is a bad thing. only about 10-20% of premades even make it, and most alliance will noble the bad players, and then the good players will realize their opponents are skilled and join them. you can't "ban players from joining together" which is essentially banning premades. just so much hate on them. the best premades come in half full and recruit fresh talent anyway. so find your rant a little silly.

DeletedUser

1) The rush LC strat is probably the most efficient in a perfect inviroment however in your first village you should have a healthy combination of diferent troops just for unexpected events.
Some base defense 200 spear 200 sword and a healthy clear.
Also as said above less experienced players are getting more troops because of the quests. To prevent this from affecting my first noble attempt I decided to wait till I have a noble train and built the hall before my academy so I could start producing several types of offensive units before nobeling.
I am building beserkers who I will add to my individual nobles to lower the chance of sniping by a lot.

DeletedUser

Here's my two cents:

1) Offense-wise I always try to build a varied army, so I can act according to what I see in my spy reports. Though I do tend to build more cavalry because it makes for good farming. As for clearing your area, that leaves me at:

2) I went full offensive at the start, relying on quests to get my defense at first. That way, I relatively easily cleared out my whole province within a week after noobie protection wore off. However, now I kind of regret having done that. Because I realise how hard it is to get a safe ground in a new province, due to the fact that you have to build a church (next to walls, of course) to get maximum defense bonus. Since a church needs 5000 farmspace, you'll need a lvl21 farm before you can even build one. That leaves you very vulnerable when you get your first village in a new province. Which is why I regret to have cleared out my competition in my own province so early. Now I have to take over crappy village to create enough defense to support myself in a new province. I would probably have been better off to let one or two people grow a bit further and take their villages then. Not to mention that a lot of villages that I have cleared have NOT turned barb (they didnt even bother to quit the world) and now the barbs that are already there have developed even better than these crappy villages which are still stuck at 100-200 points...

3) Definitely use them only for expensive buildings (academy, hall of orders) or when you want to build that overnight-lengthy-building and come up just short otherwise (HQ, Barracks lvl19+).

DeletedUser

is there any way to simulate the outcome of a battle like in TW1?

DeletedUser

You could try this one: http://www.ds-pro.de/2/simulator.php