• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Weekly Animated Maps

DeletedUser

I've decided to do some maps. I love maps. So, starting from today, I'm going to generate a static map every day over the course of 7 days, and I'll combine all 7 maps to make an animated weekly progress map.

Because I've got no animated maps to display yet (need to figure out how to animate them, should be simple) I've decided to just include two basic maps: a dynamic map, and a static map of today's dynamic map, so you can compare the two over time.
64b194e8a104c7785a1fb4e07818a99b
map_www_en13_7dc8131c7b9d04fc06e5137815ff1f40_14562004170467.png

DeletedUser2754

I've been making my monthly updates on the world maps thread using static maps over time and then making a gif using each map as slides. I've been using this site to make the animated gif: http://gifmaker.me/

I've decided to do some maps. I love maps. So, starting from today, I'm going to generate a static map every day over the course of 7 days, and I'll combine all 7 maps to make an animated weekly progress map.

Because I've got no animated maps to display yet (need to figure out how to animate them, should be simple) I've decided to just include two basic maps: a dynamic map, and a static map of today's dynamic map, so you can compare the two over time.

I'm excited to see this.. My eyes on this thread ! :)

DeletedUser2635

64b194e8a104c7785a1fb4e07818a99b
map_www_en13_7dc8131c7b9d04fc06e5137815ff1f40_14562004170467.png
The only problem is that it is not shown which color represents which tribe.

DeletedUser

I'm aware of this problem, but the legend that says who is who covers up parts of the map, which I didn't want. Anyone who plays on this world should have a basic idea of how the world looks, anyway. But if people don't know, they can always ask.

DeletedUser2754

You can always write here which color represent who. Or make a separate map with the key and make a caption of the key. It's quite easy to fix ;)

Although you are also right, at this point in the game it's quite easy to know who is who.

DeletedUser

Well, it has been interesting seeing the map change overtime. I'm not sure if the animation is too fast or too slow, so any feedback is appreciated.

But enough of that, here's what we've all been waiting for!
zcXmuVd.gif
A lot seems to be going on, so share your observations, opinions and banter!

To me, it seems like a few tribes are doing a lot of barb nobling, and it's quite apparent that a lot of tribes have either lost or kicked a lot of decently sized players. The only tribes that seem to be fighting a fair bit is BzB v B-H and S-I v B-H. S-I have expanded south of their territory, taking over almost all B-H owned villages in a single province overnight, completely decimating the province in just two days, and have begun their ritual of nobling all the barbs in said province! BzB has traded a fair bit with B-H, and it seems to be a back-and-forth scenario, but they did gain a new member from FTF. Also, surprisingly, the virtually dead TDB hasn't lost too many villages, which is quite surprising, I expected to see a few clusters disappear.

DeletedUser

The speed seems nice to me, but since there's a little space left in the edges maybe a counter of the day?

DeletedUser

Counter of the day?
If you mean a thing that tells you what day is what, that's already there, look in the bottom right.

DeletedUser

I don't know what you're talking about when you say that we've got a member from FTF, that's just us nobling them so that we can finally focus on BH (which also explains why TDB haven't lot too many villages)

DeletedUser3001

Seems to me its only BH actively cleaning their list from inactive despite size or maybe all the other tribes are miraculously inactive free? :p
Clean your inactive list! Drop the dead weight! Everyone knows who they are from stats anyway!

DeletedUser2830

please please fix the colours 2 biggest tribes have the worst colours

nice work keep it up after a month you can do some nice pretty firework displays :)

DeletedUser

Dark grey, dark purple and dark green are the colours I generally use for B-H, RLP and LoD, but they could be a bit lighter, only had them like that so the smaller tribes would be easier to see.

I'll fix that in the next week's animated map.

DeletedUser

Welcome back ladies and gentlemen to week two! There seemed to be a hiccup on day 3, because according to the maps, not a single village was exchanged. Also, apologies for the slight colour change at the start, I couldn't modify the first day so the colours could match.
TIYJt6U.gif
TDB has lost a lot of villages, most of it going over to B-H, they are now at the point where they're too small to be worth including in week 3. Last week we saw S-I expand south a bit, but it seems like they are now pushing north. Meanwhile, BzB seem to have nobled a lot of barbs, probably trying to further fortify their territory. RLP have lost some ground not only in the core, but in the north as well, as what this week doesn't show you is one of RLP's members defecting between week 1's last day and this week's first day.
EDIT: I forgot to mention, that it seems BzB is doing some serious damage on FTF, will FTF be able to halt this progress, or will their losses lead into even further losses during week 3?

Those are my observations, let us commence the chatter and banter. What is everyone's take on these events?