• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Wrong servertimes for different players

DeletedUser

on World 16 Poenari me a friend of mine just lost a noble train because of inconsistency between the attack times. When I shared my report for my friends to see we all got a different time noted on the report.

https://embed.gyazo.com/11d77971c7ab07205a6a9e0145eae83d.png

https://embed.gyazo.com/523dbc0c810b37f64f6d731e552af091.png

https://embed.gyazo.com/6e11be787688dbd2cb23674e06f00e48.png

https://embed.gyazo.com/23442b794388ef8bce9bcfb549255a2c.png

As I said, all of these screenshots are of the same report but 4 different players looking at it, (everyone located in Wales). I have never seen such a huge time difference on the same report and it cost my friend his noble train.
So this is somewhat of a warning to everyone not to trust the timers you get from your teammates as well as a plea to look into this issue.

DeletedUser2754

There is no such thing as a server time in TW2 as there was in TW1. No one really understands how a team game can be made when each player sees a different time on the screen. But the developers don't seem to think that to be an important issue... so we all have to play a timeless game. This was reported ages ago and they had enough time to fix it. But it doesn't render money, so it's far from being a priority...

DeletedUser2635

While not much I will offer you a temporary solution: Adjust your times, because even tho your times are not the same, they are constant.

So in this case the owners of the first 3 reports can adjust to the owner of forth report etc.

So the owner of the first report would subtract 31 seconds to all his times, the owner of the 2nd report would subtract 28 seconds etc.

You can do this by simply sharing a farming run between 4 players and having everyone say what time they see, or do the same with a message, does not really matter.

We have done this in the past and it does work, however note that even if you do it "perfectly", discipline can still set your times off.

DeletedUser2754

What Kei says is true but keep in mind that you must make that adjustment every time you login, because your own times may vary between logins.

DeletedUser

While not much I will offer you a temporary solution: Adjust your times, because even tho your times are not the same, they are constant.

So in this case the owners of the first 3 reports can adjust to the owner of forth report etc.

So the owner of the first report would subtract 31 seconds to all his times, the owner of the 2nd report would subtract 28 seconds etc.

You can do this by simply sharing a farming run between 4 players and having everyone say what time they see, or do the same with a message, does not really matter.

We have done this in the past and it does work, however note that even if you do it "perfectly", discipline can still set your times off.

Im having a hard time understanding why someone would need to manually calculate times, for it to be correct.
It would be much easier all servers had a "game-time" to actually fits, and if your "discipline" for sending cities are low, it should just calculate this also into arrival time.
For me arrival time is essential to make any kind of coordination, and its not hard to make this work like intended, without being a mathematic genius :)

DeletedUser2193

The reports and the game in general uses your computers set time. You all need to sync your clocks. This is not a bug.

DeletedUser

The reports and the game in general uses your computers set time. You all need to sync your clocks. This is not a bug.
You apparently have responded before reading, and landing times are off even with PCs !

DeletedUser2754

True, it's not a bug. Just a pure, let's be nice, "misunderstanding" on the value of a true server time equal for all players in a team game.
Im having a hard time understanding why someone would need to manually calculate times, for it to be correct.
It would be much easier all servers had a "game-time" to actually fits, and if your "discipline" for sending cities are low, it should just calculate this also into arrival time.
For me arrival time is essential to make any kind of coordination, and its not hard to make this work like intended, without being a mathematic genius :)
This has been suggested many times. I think I did that suggestion in the past, and I was not the first one to do it.

DeletedUser2185

Agreed on this; this is not a bug; the servers that play this game are not centralized: there is no way to do that since this market allows people all over the world to pay; it uses local servers to make your connection to the TW central server; which means that your local clock is what drives timing. Syncing will solve the issue.

Thank you all for responding and teaching them.

DeletedUser2754

Agreed on this; this is not a bug; the servers that play this game are not centralized: there is no way to do that since this market allows people all over the world to pay; it uses local servers to make your connection to the TW central server; which means that your local clock is what drives timing. Syncing will solve the issue.

Thank you all for responding and teaching them.
What about you guys syncing all servers instead...

DeletedUser2185

Syncing servers will not work; because that would mean they all have to be tied to one central server....the lag would incredible and no one would be able to log-on. The beauty of this is that it allows varying bandwidth depending on the traffic.

DeletedUser2754

Syncing servers will not work; because that would mean they all have to be tied to one central server....the lag would incredible and no one would be able to log-on. The beauty of this is that it allows varying bandwidth depending on the traffic.
Sorry Cannibal, I know and accept that this is not a bug but there is no beauty in this. I played TW1 and there was a server time. Having a server time is a must on a team game, that's the only way you can have a proper coordination between players. As it is is just stupid. I ask for someone to send me support to land on a village I'm nobling the second after my nobles, and the support actually lands before and kills my nobles. So, how can I overcome this? I can have a huge amount of work trying to find out the gap between me and him and be sure for no one to re-login or the server to be reset so that thework doesn't go down the drain, then I have to pray to all the gods to make sure our calculations were right, and maybe in the end I get lucky. Or I can just play on my own, avoid any kind of coordination which is the opposite of a team game. What's the game you would prefer playing? One where you have the option of coordination or one where that option is rather difficult to implement? Sorry but I see no beauty at all in this.

DeletedUser3016

I know this isn't the solution that you guys are after however... Pick a timzeone that applies most to people, and use this site.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
That will help in the meantime, and after that, it is up to you guys if you wish to use it.

DeletedUser2754

I know this isn't the solution that you guys are after however... Pick a timzeone that applies most to people, and use this site.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
That will help in the meantime, and after that, it is up to you guys if you wish to use it.
It's not a question of knowing my timezone. My clock in the game might say that I have a nuke landing at 18:25:14 and yours will say 21:25:31. It's not the hours from the timezone that bothers us, but those 17 seconds gap... And we can use the worldclock to try to time the seconds as well, but if I just log off and login again, as simple as that, the landing time for the nuke might change to +/- 1 or 2 seconds. How can you coordinate when everything is as volatile as that?

DeletedUser2185

Servers usually have a +/- amount of time gap; while usually it is not noticed in this case because of the way they are set up to correspond with each other; you do. I am not saying its an efficient design; but I get why they did it this way.

DeletedUser1323

The other issue is to make sure that all players are on the same .twx name in the lower right hand corner. That is the identifier that all players must be on if they are to "sync" a time. Each server has its own "lag" time between them because not all of the servers start/stop on the exact same millasecond. This adds strategy to the game by not allowing a single dominated time to do 1ms deathstrikes from 100 villas.