• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

works on linux?

DeletedUser299

can someone confirm whether tw2 will work on a linux operating system please as im thinking of switching away from windows.

DeletedUser1987

Definitely does work on linux, infact better in my experience - when I was having problems with lag and timeout on Windoze I tried both Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Debian 7.8 - Debian was certainly the best of these two, using Iceweasle. Firefox on Ubuntu did eventually show the same bugs as windows - but it was much better for a while. Haven't tried all variations of course, as that would be impossible, but if you find that one doesn't work as well - try another, there are lots of distros to try!

DeletedUser1761

I too am a penguin purveyor in the art of TW2 and I find that the latest Firefox is very buggy and crashes a couple times an hour.

DeletedUser

I also run Linux. Works great. Suggest installing google chrome over chromium though.

DeletedUser299

Ive gone linux. Disappointed with how TW2 runs in firefox browser, it seems alot slower than on windows vista. Shame, as every other aspect of linux is faster and more responsive than vista was.