• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

what merge ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser4311
  • Start date

DeletedUser3016

#1 What staff member did he impersonate. Coolnite or any of the other named mods. Nope
#2 Staff members are paid employee's of INNO. Mods are volunteer's, not staff.
#3 I consider all mods that I have message talks with acquaintances (same as other players), have never met them but i am acquainted with them. Should I be banned?

Try again

You are completely missing the point here. Are you saying that I could go around now and tell everyone that it is illegal to defend their account from their other villages, just so that I could noble them, and henceforth tell them I am a mod to do so. So to add, the staff member impersonation is the fact that he has pretended to be a moderator.
To cover #2 on your little list, if you represent Innogames in any way, then technically you are staff.
#3 you have also misunderstood. That part of the rule is saying that you cannot threaten people by saying 'My best friend is a moderator and I am going to get him to ban you.'

The whole point of this is to remove all scare tactics that may represent bad publicity for Innogames, and to keep the game fair. Anyone can state that they are a moderator, but in essence here, it's like impersonating a police officer. Too easily abused, and whilst I was a part of the moderation team, it is something I would not have taken kindly to be seeing.

Good backstroke Andy.
Now we go from impersonate to pretend. Of course you would consider yourself staff since you were a mod. And nowhere have I seen devil say "xxx mod is my BFF, brother, sister, mother, father, etc, etc. and I am going to get you banned. Does anybody really think that devil has Coolnite or any other mod on "speed dial" lol If you do I have some ocean front swamp land in Florida that I will sell cheap.

DeletedUser2927

So 90% agreeable to reach for this world. Therefore both parties will be happy?
This is ridiculous . It plays right back into the hands of those who broke the rules.
Most people have voted to close the world, which you are now ignoring .
At this point I say close the world with NO winner as even though through no fault of our own we have not earned the right either. How can you possibly imagine that it will be fun to struggle for even longer uphill? This is fast becoming a farce and I am seriously thinking about whether I want to start a new world after this if the winning conditions and rules become up for negotiation as endgame approaches.

DeletedUser3016

Good backstroke Andy.
Now we go from impersonate to pretend. Of course you would consider yourself staff since you were a mod. And nowhere have I seen devil say "xxx mod is my BFF, brother, sister, mother, father, etc, etc. and I am going to get you banned. Does anybody really think that devil has Coolnite or any other mod on "speed dial" lol If you do I have some ocean front swamp land in Florida that I will sell cheap.

OK, let's say it this way. You are pulled over whilst driving for an offence you commited on the road, you see blue lights, a police uniform and badge, and your car gets impounded. Turns out that it's not really a cop. How do you feel? Whatever your definition on staff or not, it's to a rule both there to protect the users and players of this game, and the staff members from this being abused.
As for the whoever is a BFF thing, I was giving you a retort. The rule itself was quoted, you made an analogy and I was elaborating on that.

You contesting this rule is actually showing that you aren't mentally capable of understanding how everyone throwing around statements that they are moderators and can ban everyone's accounts can do. The more you argue this, the more silly you are starting to look.

Whoa Neely. blinders much. Now Andy you know better as a former mod, making a claim that I am mentally incapable of understanding (harassment). I may be a silly, old fart, but I have all my facilities. Even a functioning brain, no mental deficiency at this time except for oldheimer's. I totally understand what you are saying as a former Air Force vet and college graduate.

I am playing devils advocate (no pun intended) showing that their are two sides to every coin, both sides being different and varying opinons. You have the right to express your opinion, I have the right to express mine. Or do I, I live in the US under Liberal Obama. Where I'm not even able to choose whether I want medical ins or not. I am forced to take it or be penalized for not doing so. Did not know that same Liberal view was here on the en.server. Stupid me, of course it is on the en.sever. Many US Liberal's playing here and Hitlerry Lovers.

DeletedUser3016

Whoa Neely. blinders much. Now Andy you know better as a former mod, making a claim that I am mentally incapable of understanding (harassment). I may be a silly, old fart, but I have all my facilities. Even a functioning brain, no mental deficiency at this time except for oldheimer's. I totally understand what you are saying as a former Air Force vet and college graduate.

I am playing devils advocate (no pun intended) showing that their are two sides to every coin, both sides being different and varying opinons. You have the right to express your opinion, I have the right to express mine. Or do I, I live in the US under Liberal Obama. Where I'm not even able to choose whether I want medical ins or not. I am forced to take it or be penalized for not doing so. Did not know that same Liberal view was here on the en.server. Stupid me, of course it is on the en.sever. Many US Liberal's playing here and Hitlerry Lovers.
I am British, so your US views are just a diversion tactic really, I don't see how they get here. Yes everyone has an opinion, but I am expressing to you what that rule is from a moderation standpoint and why it is there. Whether you agree with it or not, it's tough luck... You go around impersonating a cop and see what happens. Almost everywhere you look it is illegal to impersonate an authority figure. The internet is another place where such rules stand.

Hmm. Nice backstroke and sidestepping of your CLAIM that I am mentally deficient.(As a former mod is this not harassment on your part, since you know all the rules)

Went back thru this thread and can't find where I said I disagree with the rule. You have assumed this. Like I said just being devil's advocate (again no pun intended)

Ok, I will agree to this:
Almost everywhere you look it is illegal to impersonate an authority figure. The internet is another place where such rules stand. We/ you and I are on the internet. You have to agree to this.

I have stated on the internet that I am a OB/GYN (Dr authority figure medical field) Am I impersonating or pretending. I am also known as WilliamWallaceIII, King of Nation of Celts (not my real name) am I impersonating or pretending to be KING-authority figure)

But you have to agree to this one: Andy01 (not your real name) (impersonating or pretending to be AndyO1, who is a former mod--authority figure

Looks like we both should be banned for impersonating or pretending to be an authority figure.

Back to your words that I am mentally incapable. Cop (US==popo, fuzz, pig, five O etc, etc. (British==bobbies) See I am smart enough to know this.

DeletedUser3726

Coolnite, why do you think upping the high to win to 90% is fair ? I mean, if they reach 70 or 80%, they'll win anyway : Do you think there's a chance they can loose now ? or that an over tribe can win ?
It is just making doing hard job of recycling afks and farming people...

btw dagda mor you look mentally incapable tbh : mod are given authority on the game from innogames, if you fake having this authority, getting punished seems fair. Plus, whatever you say, it's clearly written in the rules so you can't really contest that...

I said I agree with it. Now I'm mental because I do so. Make up your mind.Please go back and read again. Hint: read between the lines.

( place real name here ) is impersonating or pretending to be Andy01. ( same real name here) is a mod. Mods should be required to use their RL, god given names when they are modding other wise they are hiding behind a false face. IMO

( place real name here) is impersonating or pretending to be Dagda Mor

Nuff said.
Its beginning to bore me, because some players can't or want read between the lines, and they have to be right, when they know they are wrong.

I'll be 10-10 and list'n in. I B gone now, bye bye

DeletedUser2979

I believe that everyone sees what is wrong here and what the spirit of the rule is
--
The merge was clearly (to me) a merge to win and to make it practically impossible for the 2nd tribe to win (I am neither in the first or second tribe so I am not trying to win crowns here). This breaks the spirit of the rule, whether the 70% was reached or not. Leaving a tribe and waiting a week and then joining the first placed tribe is the same as moving across in the merge. The merge practically disabled the 2nd placed tribe - which was the goal.

I have messages that show that ORG knew about this rule, which is on the forum since october - MRK knew the risk of merging before they did it - they did it anyway...

https://en.forum.tribalwars2.com/index.php?threads/tribe-domination.4323/ - discussion here
https://en.forum.tribalwars2.com/index.php?threads/tribe-domination.4319/ - announcement here

My personal opinion is that moving domination up to 90% will not change too much given the difference in percentages with the tribes...

The vote is still open which is causing some confusion to people that cannot read all the forum messages on this issue.
--
on the other issue - if anyone says they are a mod for any world and they are not then this is an attempt at intimidation imho - otherwise why mention it...

DeletedUser3726

Question is, should they be punished for breaking the spirit of the rule but not the rule itself ? I would say no, the spirit of the rule is represented by the rule, so if they followed the rule it should be OK. If the rule itself badly represent the spirit of the rule, then change the rule...

I'm not playing on this world so i've got no interest either :)

DeletedUser2979

Question is, should they be punished for breaking the spirit of the rule but not the rule itself ? I would say no, the spirit of the rule is represented by the rule, so if they followed the rule it should be OK. If the rule itself badly represent the spirit of the rule, then change the rule...

I'm not playing on this world so i've got no interest either :)
I agree with what you are saying - but we are all grown ups (well most of us) and we shouldn't be looking for loopholes and sneaky ways to win - we should, again, in my personal opinion) be fighting it out, not saying I'm bored now so let's merge and get it over with...

DeletedUser3726

I agree with what you are saying - but we are all grown ups (well most of us) and we shouldn't be looking for loopholes and sneaky ways to win - we should, again, in my personal opinion) be fighting it out, not saying I'm bored now so let's merge and get it over with...
I understand them and I think if 80% of the villages are possessed by players that want to end the world, forcing them to fight instead of ending is not a good solution. Why should we force people to play if they're not having fun ? Should the victory stays in the end to the people that want to win the more ?

I've never been at that point, but from what I've heard from friends, it looks pretty boring and tribes are often like "yeah let's take those 80% and end asap, we know we deserve to win this, just get what it takes to be official now". If the tribe winning agree to allow more player to get in to end it faster, I understand. It depends on the ethic of the tribe, if they want to show 100 names or 40 at the end of the world ;)

EDIT : when I write "to the people that want to win the more", I mean even if they don't like playing anymore and deserve it as much as their opponents.

DeletedUser2979

No one is forcing anyone to play, if they don't want to play then they are free to leave ?

Maybe I am strange thinking ethics should count .... doing things just because you're bored is not the point of this game - it cheats others who want to play properly and yeah, many people do not care about that, but I do...

DeletedUser3726

No one is forcing anyone to play, if they don't want to play then they are free to leave ?

Maybe I am strange thinking ethics should count .... doing things just because you're bored is not the point of this game - it cheats others who want to play properly and yeah, many people do not care about that, but I do...
Well TW2 can be really time consuming at the end of the game (you know it :)) so yeah it can be "work" instead of "fun" at some point, and your ethic can say "yeah let's end this officialy, even if it allows my former opponent to be on the winner side"

DeletedUser2979

I know - I agree - but i have never played for crowns - I hold the number of villages I can manage and I don't particularly care about the number 1 spot - I am more of a support player than a star player - I enjoy the relationships/friendships of the game and the tactics / discussions about gameplay - I find the game itself fun - I hate the back stabbing, constant tribe hopping, snooping, having spies inside other tribes....

If another tribe wins using fair play then I will congratulate them and learn from the experience

There are players who I have played against that have become friends because I like and respect them, even with them being on the enemy side, and have even played with them on another world because of those bonds formed fighting against each other...

Anyway - this is going off topic - I am against merging to win - I think the mods and devs should enforce some rules to prevent that - how they do that is up to them

DeletedUser4307

I know - I agree - but i have never played for crowns - I hold the number of villages I can manage and I don't particularly care about the number 1 spot
There is one player named Zekk on San Servando with 4 whole villages! :D

DeletedUser2979

I used to have more (check the tools website) but with the constant changing of sides of many of the players in areas around me, I got really annoyed with the whole thing - we fought long in the core against a number of tribes

DeletedUser2847

Extending the realms beyond 80% is the dumbest suggestion ever. I have played this part of the game at 10-12 realms. The situation this late in the game is 200-400 players still into it. Majority of this feel playing is just like watching paint dry. 90% of the players in nr1 tribe is only playing so they can end it and they feel its realy boring. I have only been at loosing side at 1 realm and what i experienced from this situation is that majority of the players continue to be there just so they dont let their tribemates down. This can be players that play together realm after realm so i understand that they stay into it. This game is not a tribalwar when a tribe gain more than 70%. Its just a question about nobling enough inactive villas from top 10 tribes, Players still active in the defending tribes is just running around nobling barbs to raise the total number of villas in top 10. It isnt fighting anymore, its just one tribe attacking and nobling playervillas when all other active players is nobling barbs.
If the merge into tribedomination is changed to 50% it will fix most of the problem about merging to win. If tribelimits also is changed down to a maximum of 100 members you will get an situation where realms will stay open and intresting to play for a long time. I understand that some players still want to play a realm even after a tribe have gained 80%. Its not any problem to let them do so, announce the winners, give out the crowns and let the realm stay open. It would be a nice place for the turtles that love this part of the game

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser4307

Here our soldiers stand
From all around the world
Waiting in a line
To hear the battle cry
All are gathered here
Victory is near
The sound will fill the hall
Bringing power to us all

Warriors of the World United by Manowar