• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Welp There Goes Another One (SETO)

DeletedUser685

LoL...nice Trollage here guys. The memes are especially rad.

I must admit. I have not been on these forums for a while. I have been to busy recruiting Barb Noblers. It is a rough job but one of the Tribes on W15 had to do it so everyone else could hate us. Every protagonist needs a good antagonist, right? :)

Everyone has their World view and the majority view typically wins the day. Even though from my World view, the Barb Nobeling issue was not nearly as prevalent as it was made out to be. ( I am ultimately the leader in SETO that dealt with other Tribe leadership concerning all instances of this issue and I could count on one had the individual infractions of it on our end. Of which yes, we DID kick some of those players, contrary to popular myth. If there were other instances, I was not made aware of them. And yes, we DO have a policy against it.) Again, everyone needs an antagonist, an enemy in this game of War. As in any War, they tend to start over such seemingly minor issues such as say, a relatively unknown Duke of a small country being assassinated. Then the loudest, most aggrieved or personally advantaged shout loud enough to get the Nukes sailing through the air.

But, there really is no need to try and justify SETO actions any further here because lets be honest, not gonna do a bit of good.

I am more than willing to take the blame for certain diplomatic and systemic failures within SETO. That is for me alone to bear. If it would have done any good for me to step down and spare many of my fellow SETO members from being overwhelmed by umatchable numbers, then I would have. But, then again, everyone needs an antagonist. Especially when the simple odds are 3-1 in your favor. Actually, 4-1 now that OWN is in on the fun. :)

SETO is staying on, however. We may be the Devil to you all for that perceived Barb Nobeling. We may (well, pretty much will be) get kicked out of the CORE, but let me tell each and everyone of you reading this message. The "CORE" of my fellow SETO brothers and sisters are just as much good folks as yours. We have had a few "members" leave or be recruited by the new BIG 3. But as I am sure you all have noticed, we have not folded like NEW did. Our leadership and ultra active players did not go join the "winning" Tribes and kick out all the newbies who are trying to learn how to play this game from their Tribe....unlike a certain other Tribe on our Server.

No, our members have killed hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of Nukes and Nobles as they slowly erode away our Walls. Sure, a loosing battle for the most part, but a spirit which has NOT been broken and will not be. The majority of our members have told your recruiters to go F* off. Not because they do not want to win, not because they do not see quality and honorable players in those other Tribes. It is because even in battles lost, we are still who we have been through the years, SETO.

Ultimately, well played ADD/SUR/STD.

Oh, and just as an FYI, there is NO more actually being "Rimmed". With the new algorithm INNO has implemented with this World, even when you just choose which direction to start in, rather than "by your Tribe"...you only get moved two provinces over from your initial village, smack dab in the middle of an already mature area. It never takes you out to the Rim anymore. Talk about asinine! 51 point village in the middle of 4000k point villages in a sea of red. (We have had players try and restart 3 or 4 times. Others have left the Tribe to see if that helps. Nope. Only thing that works is to completely delete and make a new account.) ROTFLOL!

Respectfully,
- Lord Gams
Founder of SETO

i have actually messaged mods about this the restarting in mature provs is retarded....theres no room for growth : /

DeletedUser685

Trust me, we have too. A lot!
The response we got back was that they will be looking at it...over the next YEAR!
Seriously, that was the time frame given. :(

DeletedUser

Ok, before I say anything else I think I can say that even with everything that's going on right now, we can all agree that this new "update" that causes restarting players to spawn near the core and not on the rim is just stupid, and it needs to be fixed (NOW!).

Ok on to the main thing that I wanted to say, there wasn't just one reason that we declared war on SETO, but a number of them, yes barb nobling was one of them, but taking in refugees was another one (mostly from NEW/HON/TIT), and the time it took to get any kind of meaningful response from your leadership didn't help either.
Also referring back to the first post here, it wasn't a matter of "ADD attacking and we (SUR) then decided to tag along", we both know that we attacked together in unison, as any good allies do, and we have both played a big part in taking down SETO by working well together.

DeletedUser

All I can say is this makes good reading for the people who need to know more about the politics of the game.
As for where you spawn I have to agree it can make things very difficult, but not always impossible. There will always be different views on this move from the game makers but in trials the worlds are often smaller so it does not make as big of an impact. May be there could be some form of compromise made for the people in the heart of the world.
This was however implemented due to people moaning that they got put on the rim far from there own tribe. So I also agree with that argument. Either way it is the same for all (when Spawning), and that constant is what is required.

DeletedUser685

yyyu, there is an option when you respawn to do so "near your Tribe". Trying to start all over from scratch at 51 points, and no Tutorial awards, within a sea of red 4-6k villages is worse than bludgeoning your head against a concrete wall. No one but the most masochist of players would want to play under those conditions.

Shrimp, I was in contact with SUR and ADD leadership every day through mails. I mean, I DO have a job and a family so perhaps there was not a response right when a mail was sent to me because of Real Life responsibilities, (not to mention most of this went down over the Holidays) but I play every day. We were NOT the only Tribe to take in NEW/HON/TIT players either, and we did not take many at all. Good grief, just look at who your Ally, STD took in ... the ex-LEADERS of NEW/HON/TIT.

LOL

Also, do not forget SUR and SETO were both Allied as well at the time you began attacking with no notice. In all my years playing this game, doing so is an unwritten no no rule. Tribes worth their salt give a 12 or 24 hour notice of major Diplomacy changes. Thank you ADD, by the way, for honoring that TW tradition.

But, again, trying to justify actions of the past really do nothing for the current diplomatic positions. We are still the Devil incarnate. ;p

gams

DeletedUser

Ok, so we may have been jerks (massive ones in fact) but that was handled by only about 2-3 of our leaders, so we were just told one day that we were at war with you, and who were we to question orders?

yyyu, there is an option when you respawn to do so "near your Tribe". Trying to start all over from scratch at 51 points, and no Tutorial awards, within a sea of red 4-6k villages is worse than bludgeoning your head against a concrete wall. No one but the most masochist of players would want to play under those conditions.

Shrimp, I was in contact with SUR and ADD leadership every day through mails. I mean, I DO have a job and a family so perhaps there was not a response right when a mail was sent to me because of Real Life responsibilities, (not to mention most of this went down over the Holidays) but I play every day. We were NOT the only Tribe to take in NEW/HON/TIT players either, and we did not take many at all. Good grief, just look at who your Ally, STD took in ... the ex-LEADERS of NEW/HON/TIT.

LOL

Also, do not forget SUR and SETO were both Allied as well at the time you began attacking with no notice. In all my years playing this game, doing so is an unwritten no no rule. Tribes worth their salt give a 12 or 24 hour notice of major Diplomacy changes. Thank you ADD, by the way, for honoring that TW tradition.

But, again, trying to justify actions of the past really do nothing for the current diplomatic positions. We are still the Devil incarnate. ;p

gams

Oh trust me we werent happy about the STD merger with HON either Gam : /

DeletedUser2084

Oh trust me we werent happy about the STD merger with HON either Gam : /
Explain to me what you weren't happy about?

edit: Actually since I can't be bothered waiting for a reply.

It was a "take-over" not a merge. STD was comprised of all leadership (bar a few in other tribes) from EMR on EN9. We were simply going to take the tribe and use it as the new STD base whilst keeping the best 20 players. Most of the players were already being poached by SUR/ADD so by the time we actually joined, it was down to 35 or so members.
Once I joined, I booted quite a few more and only left the ones that were supposed to stay. Guess what, out of the 20 that were supposed to stay, only 9 actually stayed. Most left to join SUR/ADD.
Nowadays there's only 3-4 from the actual original 20 HON players that were supposed to stay and a few left over members. So roughly 7-8 HON players in STD.

The only thing I can see you guys possibly being angry about is the level 17 tribe. But as Jehzir has said, not my fault you guys have too much red rape/wayyyyyy too slow on deciding things and we jumped on the opportunity first. That's what happens when you've got 8 leaders lol.

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser2084

Good grief, just look at who your Ally, STD took in ... the ex-LEADERS of NEW/HON/TIT.
You mean the leaders that were dumped with the tribe after KillerBee/whoever took over after that left it on Aery/Nort who never wanted to lead in the first place.
Eh, at least they did a better job at running their tribe compared to how you ran yours.

DeletedUser3087

gamsOnline said:
Good grief, just look at who your Ally, STD took in ... the ex-LEADERS of NEW/HON/TIT.​
You mean the leaders that were dumped with the tribe after KillerBee/whoever took over after that left it on Aery/Nort who never wanted to lead in the first place.
Eh, at least they did a better job at running their tribe compared to how you ran yours.

BURN!

DeletedUser894

I like how this fight is rolling, just everything i had planned down.
Went smoothly done, haha.. good wars ADD, STD, HON, NEW, :)

DeletedUser685

Lol, what are you, 12 years old?

It was a "take-over" not a merge.

"Take over" or "Merge". Define it as you wish, tis but semantics and an attempt at misdirection. The end result is the same. Both in the reality of its power play and the diplomatic ramifications.

As for how I run our Tribe, ask that question to any of our SETO players who have not bowed to the overtures of all your Tribes trying, and failing, to recruit them. Those who refused to quit in the face of grossly outnumbered odds, killing off thousands of Nukes and Nobles, then once they fall to that inevitable outcome they attempt to restart, some over 5 times due to the screwed up INNO algorithm fail, trying to get out to the Rim and begin anew. Loyalty and tenacity, they do not make a complete Tribe, but they make one hell of a Tribe hard to destroy.

We may indeed loose this World, but I could not be more proud of my fellow SETO members.

Well ur biggest problem was ur locations...u were WAY too spread and remember in the start of te world poof telling me that you guys can handle it and not to think your weak based on geography...

I dunno about these thousands of nukes etc but we removed u from our (add) area pretty quickly...Immortal and sweetpea have a little holding and thats about it now : / Cam is off on his own barb nobling though now i think hes actually killing players since he finally has a good amt of bash...

DeletedUser894

Hasn't SETO still accepted that ADD has won the realm?
Jesus... these guys got spirits

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser2193

Can someone please objectively sum up a bit of the current situation so I could understand how the game is going as a player who doesn't know any of the tribes? Like. its 2 allies vs 2 allies or 1 v 3 etc. Quite interested in this to see how the tribe limits affected the merger problems, and want to see how my former comrades and a lot of nemesis from en3 are doing. Any sign of huge overwhelming anytime soon due to one tribe being significantly larger in numbers? Judging from the map should be whole world vs ADD.

DeletedUser3087

Lol, what are you, 12 years old?
Try turning the two numbers around and adding 2. Nope just loved to watch, that 70's show and a few hours prior to reading the comment I watch a compilation of Kelso's greatest burns. You have to call out a great burn mate

Can someone please objectively sum up a bit of the current situation so I could understand how the game is going as a player who doesn't know any of the tribes? Like. its 2 allies vs 2 allies or 1 v 3 etc. Quite interested in this to see how the tribe limits affected the merger problems, and want to see how my former comrades and a lot of nemesis from en3 are doing. Any sign of huge overwhelming anytime soon due to one tribe being significantly larger in numbers? Judging from the map should be whole world vs ADD.

Heh well the world has been a 3 way for most of the time with SUR/ADD/STD, however thats prolly gonna change here in the next couple days. The SETO thing is pretty much over...they have about 3 players who are worth anything now. Cam is pretty isolated and immortalord and sweetpea are kinda in 1-2 provs that we are currently nobling into so prolly will fall soon.

As for whole world vs ADD...prolly about to happen but we will see hehe not like we are the ones who have to do anything, we are outgrowing everyone :p