• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Village spacing?

DeletedUser1426

Why are all of the villages clumped up together instead of spaced out evenly?
There are large gaps everywhere and if you look the map from the map generator it forms these weird rings of dense village areas

DeletedUser

Maybe it's for new villages to go in? Or for more Barbarian Villages? IDK

DeletedUser486

Currently the map generates by allocating spaces for each feature that requires a map coordinate, First village, second village, resource deposit, invite link, barbarian villages etc.
This isn't going to be perfect from the off, and has been reported and the developers are working on improving the map layout.

DeletedUser2183

I think the 2nd village should be replaced with a barbarian village (in case it is not built), as well as Resource deposit (have the Resource deposit for all players in a province at the same place), same thing with "Invite Friend" space (remove it if not used after 3 or 5 days and replace it with a barb).

DeletedUser486

That is how second village works currently, I expect res deposit is similar. Cannot be certain of Invite.

DeletedUser2183

@Yatogami Yes the 2nd village is removed after 14 days, but the space where it was supposed to be just stays blank, or does a barbarian village spawn? (It might actually be so since a few barbarian villages suddenly spawn in everyone's provinces at some point).

DeletedUser486

It is supposed to spawn a barbarian village, to my understanding.

DeletedUser2185

Yes there is supposed to be a barb spawned if you fail to acquire a second village. We are aware of the issue and are working on it.

The map is a tad bugged due to space allocation of resources and player villages.

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser2185

Still under beta-testing working on bring it a fix in the future

DeletedUser486

any news about this issue?
There is still a lot of work required to optimise how the map is built as players join. Leeds Castle is using a new generation of map algorithm to address the province bug issue, I'm sure that there will continue to be improvements to the map for future worlds, however it is unlikely that current worlds will see drastic and potentially game breaking changes to map creation.

DeletedUser1426

If the invite a friend village is messing up the map, please just get rid of it. The village only encourages players to create multiple accounts, this is an extremely common issue and I see it everywhere, some players even make it really obvious by having similar names between accounts.

DeletedUser486

We take this issue very seriously, if you suspect players are abusing this feature to get ahead, please do let us know through support.