• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Untold Story of the EN5 Loyalty and Service Tribal Victory

DeletedUser

WARNING: This is a wandering and disorganized attempt to set the forum record straight. Please read this carefully so you will understand what is said. I'm sure some will twist and misquote but this is the untold story of L&S.

DangerousDan's posted opinions and numbers are way off. Johnblaze (my founders account) was cooping about 20 in-active accounts. Of course that means I only was able to play my account and a couple others due to time limitation. Most of those cooped accounts were used only for building their own defenses and contributing resources to the tribe account ( a sitting purpose endorsed by the cooping policy) . No Player has time to sit 5 or 10 accounts and use them to push his. Try shipping resources from one player to an other in mass. I tried it early in the cooping of accounts. It takes huge amounts of time. Raiding from my own account took less time and was more productive.
There was one other player in L&S who cooped several accounts. I was not aware of him pushing from the accounts he cooped. As for having multiple members sitting 5-10 accounts it never happened. Most of our inactives had no one sitting them. I did ask members who asked for support to set me up as coop.
That is why DD was asked to set Johnblaze up as coop. He asked for support but was unwilling to coop. We wanted to defend his villages when he was offline. He asked us to send support to whole provinces of his villages. As it turned out the attacks on DD were fake but he used them as the excuse to leave and join SA. His Defensive bashpoints during the 'S.A attacks' did not change. I asked DD for attack reports and he refused to give me even one. He said he was too busy. That is when I became insistent that he set johnblaze as sitter. I knew we were being misled and before accusing him I wanted to see the attacks myself to be sure I was not wrong. Of course he would have been exposed as saying he was being attacked when he was not so he left to join S.A. at that point.
Anyway for saying he left because he did not like my passive approach....That would be a normal viewpoint of a attack player. I am not an attack player. I'm a defensive player. And I am very good at it. I personally sat the accounts S.A was attacking when we finally stopped their expansion. Sandinista, TimDJtracy, Esruc, Wad2D0, Winn and others were under attack and being captured. I take credit for defending (cooping) those accounts and helping to build a wall around S.A that they could not break through. That was the beginning of then end for S.A.
I did not use any of these account for pushing. And others did not either to my knowledge. As a tribe we took a strong stand that we did not want to internalize our inactives. Since the game was based on village numbers internalizing villages was a waste of time. I encouraged our members to capture barbarians or S.A villages.
After we got the wall up around S.A they began to capture all their own inactive players. Of course this helped us since their village numbers went down instead of up. Capturing inactive villages is a zero sum gain situation. Another strategic mistake S.A made. They used their troops to clear their own members villages instead of attacking us. All these captures did was make their big players bigger but the tribe got smaller.
Attack players frequently feel that their approach is the only good approach. My approach as L&S leader was that every active player whether a fighter, a builder, a defender, or a supporter is strategic to the tribe. And so you see our approach and S.A's were diametrically opposed. If I was wrong we would have lost. But I studied the game and defensive force was stronger the aggressive attacks in TW2. It makes no sense to attack someone when they will lose if you can get them to attack you. So we spent a huge amount of time defending every members village. The result was S.A grew weaker and we grew stronger. So my passive approach was more effective then his "all attack all the time". I literally had 4 defensive villages for every offensive village from start to finish in this game. The reason I did not get attacked was that our enemies could not find a weak point to attack. Mark70 and Omar89 were both my neighbors. They only were able to capture a very few villages from me.
Just because someone makes hundred of posts on the game forum they become listed as a "NOTABLE MEMBER". They dominate the forum through their many posts and make the forums look 'alive'. But in fact it is by getting the vast majority of world members on the forum that a successful forum is created. 700 posts does not prove anyone as NOTABLE. Just that they have a big mouth and 100 times the opinions of the average TW2 player. In the end DangerousDan used his forum status to try to twist the game to his favor.
CONCLUSION:
So you see that DangerousDan's whole concept of what L&S was doing was wrong. When the coop rules came out we made no changes. But he took a victim's attitude and tried to play this whole thing up as a way to change the rules to hurt us. The changes did not hurt us because we were not pushing accounts. So what we see is one player twisting the games rules to see if he can gain an advantage for his tribe and in the belief it will hurt another tribe. He was wrong so we did not speak against him in the forum. And it made no difference in the process of winning or the end result.
TW2 needs to be warned of complaining players who would twist the game for their benefit. It is the gamers that follow the rules and don't complain that make the game grow and thrive. The sitting changes that were made to avoid pushing were largely useless and only caused more problems...not less.
If you look at the inactive players of each tribe you will see that L&S had more active players the SA. Otherwise we would not have won. By SA's leaders attitude that only attack players were good they demoralized and destroyed SA. By making multiple strategic mistakes they lost even the chance of winning. By complaining against the game and its rules they showed that they felt they had to twist the rules to gain a benefit and discredit other better players then themselves.

DeletedUser486

< As you will see, I have twice the mouth of DD, and therefore twice the opinion :rolleyes:

Anyway, these forums are here to twist opinions and use propaganda to turn players and tribes against each other from this world to the next. If you can't create your own propaganda, don't complain that someone else is creating content in the forum that paints you in a bad light.

If DD feels that accounts are being used in an unfair way, it is his right as a player to request the mods look into it. Not that he will like the answer, or appreciate the time the mods put into investigating his claims. If anything changed (in terms of your tribe being moderated) then obviously an investigation turned up some stuff, if not then it didn't. Either way, case closed, and doesn't need to be discussed on the forums.

Why don't you create some actual propaganda, show us reports of DD failing as an actual player. Currently he is rank 4 on your world for offense, and rank 3 for defense. This combines to give him the highest kill ranking on Eremetige, and regardless of complaining, in this war game that deserves a little respect and believe me, it pains me to say that.

DeletedUser3620

Yatogami, I might draw to your attention that since DDan left the game several days ago he has still, and will still be attacked till he has no villages left. Therefore his 'bashpoints are still accruing even though he is not in attendance. So I am looking at your respect for him with some trepidation in potential false creditation.
Four weeks ago he launched nukes at me, no fakes at several villages from over a day away and when he finally arrived he found rather more HC than was good for his health. The actions of a good player? or a person just throwing a tantrum and troops away in a final act of defiance with the sole intension of bashpoint increases. And he accused me of sitting on the fence but only members of our tribe knew where to go for HC support, not DDan.
He had the option to completely empty out his troops on my villages.......... but never took it, then I would have had 2 million more bashpoints from sitting on the fence!
Regards
Don Key

DeletedUser486

So you are saying he reached a combined leading Bashpoint total from wasting troops offensively and being attacked since he quit the game in a few days? Or am I completely misunderstanding you playing down how a player reaches the world's top 10 with offensive and defensive bashpoints that are most certainly worthy of that rank?

DeletedUser3620

My first impression of you wasn't that your rhetoric would base itself on sarcasm. Your half way to proving me wrong. I have no further interest in the game style of DDan or entering into schoolboy debate.

DeletedUser486

So what you are saying is you can't explain how he has gained his considerable bash score without exaggerating his leaving the game just recently?

DeletedUser

So what you are saying is you can't explain how he has gained his considerable bash score without exaggerating his leaving the game just recently?
I don't believe he said anything of the sort. Have fun saying what others say and then arguing with yourself over what they said.

DeletedUser

I am in the process of passing all leadership of L&S to DonKey.

As soon as the 200 crowns is paid to all our members I will be permanently inactive on this world (EN5). The last 18 months have been fun but the long hours and daily activity level it takes to oversee a large tribe is substantial. So a break is now in order.

I would like to thank every member of the EN5 game for being part of this last 18 months. I hope that you prosper and have fun in EN5 and any other game world you choose to participate in. Whether friend or foe or even now inactive EN5 players I thank you for putting up with myself and each other is a very challenging and rewarding game.

Many of you will choose to continue here. I will not be active. In fact I am resigning my tribe and leaving my villages for anyone to capture as they choose. Have fun.

GAME ON

DeletedUser486

I don't believe he said anything of the sort. Have fun saying what others say and then arguing with yourself over what they said.
In both of his replies he has failed, really, to make any kind of a point which really leaves a void in which assumptions can be made. Unless of course he wants to try and outright state (in true PnP fashion) what it is about DD that made his Bashpoints not worthy.

DeletedUser2193

First of all I have no Idea of anything that has happened in EN5 so these are just my thoughts about all the flaming that's been going around.

Some people have different opinions about how the game should be. The game and its features has their flaws and it has a bad end game win condition at the moment. Some players like to play the game how they would like ( or think) it should be , even if the game rules and conditions of the game dont require it. Playing that way brings them the most fun and they sometimes its hard to understand why all people dont play like that.

This leads to different approaches (internalizing inactives or not) to the game. My personal approach is that I noble the inactive accounts that are on the front lines that I could simply co-op to defend. Because I believe it's the way the game should be. If you're fighting with/for/defending/whatever villages there should be an active player under that, if there is none, then it should be my village.
But at the same time I try not to blame people who keep them alive as long as they are in the boundaries of the rules set (which is pretty hard to be honest, as I always have my doubts). I'm aware that my playstyle is not the most effective to get tribe closer to the win condition, but I am having fun doing what I like. If winning was my priority and winning would be the thing that was the most fun in the game I would comply to the meta of the game about how to deal with co-ops.

So you are saying he reached a combined leading Bashpoint total from wasting troops offensively and being attacked since he quit the game in a few days? Or am I completely misunderstanding you playing down how a player reaches the world's top 10 with offensive and defensive bashpoints that are most certainly worthy of that rank?

He got a good amount of offensive BPs by attacking a coop account I was handling. Since the account could not be that actively defended, he would wipe out the thousands of def and off in each village without much opposition. After he took a few villages, I started shifting def around. It was really fun to see DD's nukes die in what he thought was another easy kill. Initially, he was clueless as to what was happening. After losing a few more nukes in the attacks, he finally realized it was better to send fakes with the nuke attacks. So he started sending hundreds of fakes with the nukes. :D About the off BPs he gained from all the attacks on the dozens of villages, I estimate he "earned" about 3 - 4 million BPs. Guess he earned your respect. Not mine.

I don't care much for defensive BPs. All it shows is the amount of damage other players inflicted on your villages. Also, it would indicate how badly you defended the villages under attack. For example, I was under attack by Lord Smurph for months. He sent hundreds of nukes at me. Since my villages had support from my allies and I shifted def around as needed, my def BPs was kept low. My allies and I lost significantly fewer def vs the off that died at the walls. You should have read what he said about me when I was invited into the group planning an op against me. :) Wish I kept a copy of the messages.

DeletedUser299

Johnblaze (my founders account) was cooping about 20 in-active accounts

Lol 20 accounts being co-op'd by you. And forum members here wonder why I think co-op was being abused on EN5. And why do you keep referring to yourself in the 3rd person?

Raiding from my own account took less time and was more productive.

Raiding from your own account to your co-op'd accounts would be pushing wouldn't it. Because you were freely taking the resources for yourself with no resistance to benefit your own account. You used your co-op status to remove troops from those villages so as to freely raid. Clear pushing, yet I bet no punishment has been given to you.

As it turned out the attacks on DD were fake but he used them as the excuse to leave and join SA. His Defensive bashpoints during the 'S.A attacks' did not change. I asked DD for attack reports and he refused to give me even one. He said he was too busy. That is when I became insistent that he set johnblaze as sitter. I knew we were being misled and before accusing him I wanted to see the attacks myself to be sure I was not wrong. Of course he would have been exposed as saying he was being attacked when he was not so he left to join S.A. at that point.

All of this is false.